Most Over-rated And Most Under-rated Performances On The Voice

Hamza Tufail

6 hours ago, Zainab Tufail said:

It wasn't mind blowing but compared to Myracle it was better. Myracle should've never been in the top 13 Kyndal deserved that spot.

I think we can just agree to disagree. 🙂

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Zainab Tufail said:

It wasn't mind blowing but compared to Myracle it was better. Myracle should've never been in the top 13 Kyndal deserved that spot.

I understand everyone has opinions but I genuinely cannot find a single round where Kyndal was remotely better than Myracle.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, ashwinner said:

i think that i preferred kyndal to myracle (although i loved them both). myracle earned her spot when she nailed "Get Here" and Kyndal flopped. Furthermore, Kyndal's tone is too polarizing; I loved it, but many thought it was too affected.

You're right Kyndal's voice is not for everyone so there are people who love it and also many people who don't so I can see why people preferred myracle over her. I love her tone she also has a great control over the cracks in her voice. FOR ME she was better than myracle in all of the taped rounds. In the PO Kyndal's performance was great except for that one flop note at the end but only one bad thing doesn't multiply your entire performance with zero. I can totally see why y'all  prefer myracle over Kyndal, we all have our own favs.

NOTE: I may be a little bias when it comes to my favs😜

• Like 2

I really wanted to like Kyndal and she peaked my interest but never really blew my away. She had a voice with great potential but not fully realized which obviously shouldn't take you through playoffs even if she had an interesting tone and was in a lane I liked

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, antikid said:

I really wanted to like Kyndal and she peaked my interest but never really blew my away. She had a voice with great potential but not fully realized which obviously shouldn't take you through playoffs even if she had an interesting tone and was in a lane I liked

i do agree with you, but i can't place what exactly she was missing—do you have an idea of what it is that you thought would have helped her "realize her full potential."

Tbh going into the playoffs from S17 my ideal top three from Team Gwen was Rose/Myracle/Kyndal or Jake (I liked Joana a lot but I had this gut feeling she wasn't quite ready for the lives). After the performances they gave I was expecting Kyndal or Joana to be the second PV (Rose was obviously getting one; Kyndal had one bum note but went country-ish which I thought might get her votes, and Joana was solid too if a tad underwhelming for me given how much I liked her blind and KO) - Myracle was the second-strongest vocal of the team, but given she was an older female artist on a less popular team on a season with a few other vocalists in a similar lane, her best shot of getting through the playoffs was the Gwen save. 

Kyndal seemed a little more nervous in the playoffs than her pre-taped performances (understandable - I would be too), so getting some help getting those nerves under control would've been good for her.

Kyndal had an interesting tone but her PO performance fell flat compared to the rest of Team Gwen (Jake being the exception, because, you know, Adele). Nerves could have very well played a part in that, while Myracle, who I overlooked in the pre taped rounds, nailed her performance. Tone, emotion, and the little breaks in her voice are fantastic. She was quite underrated and inexplicably eliminated after that excellent "Everybody Hurts" vocal.

17 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Tbh going into the playoffs from S17 my ideal top three from Team Gwen was Rose/Myracle/Kyndal or Jake (I liked Joana a lot but I had this gut feeling she wasn't quite ready for the lives). After the performances they gave I was expecting Kyndal or Joana to be the second PV (Rose was obviously getting one; Kyndal had one bum note but went country-ish which I thought might get her votes, and Joana was solid too if a tad underwhelming for me given how much I liked her blind and KO) - Myracle was the second-strongest vocal of the team, but given she was an older female artist on a less popular team on a season with a few other vocalists in a similar lane, her best shot of getting through the playoffs was the Gwen save. 

Kyndal seemed a little more nervous in the playoffs than her pre-taped performances (understandable - I would be too), so getting some help getting those nerves under control would've been good for her.

i think gwen's team was underrated, but i think its a matter of preference; I loved Joana, Myracle, Rose, and Kyndal (not Jake lolol)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

Are y’all gonna forget that incredible battle between Myracle and Elise... like holy crap! That battle was so frickin good!

i think elise wasn't SUPER consistent but she had some impressive moments that honestly made me initially think she might get picked

• 1 month later...

Underrated so far of season 19: 

Madeline Conseour: “Girl”

Casme: “Baby I love you” 

Jim Ranger: “Blue ain’t your color” 

Olivia Reyes: “Fallin” 

Sam Stacy: “Fire and Rain” 

Larriah Jackson: “I’ll be there” 

Chloe Hogan: “What the world needs now is love”

Ryan Berg: “Waiting for the world to change”

Edited by VoiceTakeover890
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Overrated: 

John Holiday- Misty 

i find it hilarious that people are reacting with the "confused" emoji to this (even the creator of this thread) when the whole point is that these are opinions. with that being said:

Underrated:

Marisa Corvo - Perfect

Madeline Consoer - Girl

Madeline + Eli - No One Wants To Be Lonely

Casme - Baby I Love You!

Lauren Frihauf - Come To My Window (I'll be hard-pressed to find someone who agrees w/ me on this lmao but I really liked it!)

Rio Souma - Cruisin'

Eli Zamora - Ya Lo Sé Que Tú Te Vas

Chloé Hogan - What The World Needs Now

Overrated:

Tamara Jade - Cuz I Love You

Payge Turner - Call Out My Name (I know this one is another unpopular one, but I think that her high notes were pretty weak)

DeSz + Joseph - If You Don't Know Me By Now (This was good, but not great)

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ashwinner said:

i find it hilarious that people are reacting with the "confused" emoji to this (even the creator of this thread) when the whole point is that these are opinions. with that being said:

Underrated:

Marisa Corvo - Perfect

Madeline Consoer - Girl

Casme - Baby I Love You!

Lauren Frihauf - Come To My Window (I'll be hard-pressed to find someone who agrees w/ me on this lmao but I really liked it!)

Rio Souma - Cruisin'

Eli Zamora - Ya Lo Sé Que Tú Te Vas

Chloé Hogan - What The World Needs Now

Overrated:

Payge Turner - Call Out My Name (I know this one is another unpopular one, but I think that her high notes were pretty weak)

DeSz + Joseph - If You Don't Know Me By Now (This was good, but not great)

I love this battle so much

• Like 2

For this season so far:

Underrated:

Aaron Scott - Hemorrhage (In My Hands)

Tori Miller - When You Say Nothing At All

Marisa Corvo - Perfect

Rio Souma - Cruisin'

Liam St. John - Sex and Candy

Lain Roy - Someone You Loved

JusJon - Talk

Overrated:

Taryn Papa - Anyway (she improved a lot in the battles though)

Sid vs. Bailey - Tennessee Whiskey

John vs. Julia - Summer Soft

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ashwinner said:

i find it hilarious that people are reacting with the "confused" emoji to this (even the creator of this thread) when the whole point is that these are opinions.

I know it's just opinions but I got confused because majority of IDF call him screechy, hard to bear, polarizing voice. All I heard so far are only negative comments and people are still calling it overrated.

Btw don't forget 12 people in one of my posts  and 5 people in one of my other post used confused emoji while those were  just my opinions LOL. 😂

3 hours ago, ashwinner said:

Underrated:

Marisa Corvo - Perfect

Madeline Consoer - Girl

Rio Souma - Cruisin'

Overrated:

100% agreed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I know it's just opinions but I got confused because majority of IDF call him screechy, hard to bear, polarizing voice. All I heard so far are only negative comments and people are still calling it overrated.

people discuss the voice on other forums than idf