Most Over-rated And Most Under-rated Performances On The Voice

Hamza Tufail

Just now, Daillon said:

Again, can you give any reasons to why it’s so unbearable to you? 

It's what she did that made in unbearable

Not Sarah's Amazing Grace causing such a ruckus. I actually listen to the studio version fairly often (I oddly love it) , but it is such a random and unimportant performance in the grand scheme of things I'm surprised it has garnered such a strong reaction on here. I'm surprised people even remember it enough to hate it lol. I don't even remember people loving it like that for it to be considered overrated. I didn't care for the live performance though.

Anyways, I think Cam's knockout (Feeling Good) is overrated. Someone said he is a "once in every couple of seasons" kind of contestant and I'm like 🥴 whatever y'all say lol 

• Like 1

Sorry, I ruined this thread with my anger.

Needed to finally vent and get my anger out.

But now it is done.

Lol @AmyNicole you shouldn't have exploded like that, don't force your thoughts on other users.

Btw here's my take

Emily Luther's Lovesong sounded like Feeling Good(underrated) > Sarah Grace's Amazing Grace sounded like House of the Rising Sun(overrated)

Edited by Jyn Mycle

On 5/8/2021 at 5:37 PM, Hamza Tufail said:

Underrated(On IDF):

-Victor Solomon - Glory

-Jose - At this moment and You Say

-Zae Romeo - Electric Love

Overrated(On IDF):

-Savanna's first two performances

-Dana's battle

Agree 100% about Jose and Zae!!

Anyways, my thoughts:

Overrated:

• Anything by Allegra, especially Chandelier :wacko:
  • Anna Grace's KO (If I Die Young)
  • Bradley and Rachel's battle (Your Song). It was good, but was it REALLY the best battle of the season and the only standing ovation worthy one??? The battles were pretty awful this year, but Zania vs Durrel, Rio vs Carolina, and Cam vs Emma were all better...
  • Most of Emily Ann's most popular performances, like I Hope You Dance, Cowboy Take Me Away, and She's Got You (I preferred Keisha Renee, Destinee Quinn, and Charity Bowden and Josette Diaz's battle montage/studio recording to all of those 3 performances respectively).
  • Tayler Green's KO of Time After Time (Micah won and it wasn't even a difficult decision?)
  • Most performances by Kelsea Johnson (None of her performances just ever stood out to me? Sharane easily won in the KOs).

Underrated:

• Anything by Jon Mero, especially his battle (I Wish It Would Rain) and the short clip of his KO (Blame It On The Boogie).
  • Denisha Dalton's audition (Pillowtalk)
  • Jackie Verna and Stephanie Skipper's battle (These Dreams)
  • Anatalia Villaranda and Missy Robertson's battle (Tightrope)
  • Halle Tomlinson's audition (and her battle against Belle Jewel, who was also underrated). Her performance of New York State of Mind 🥰(esp the studio) >>>>
  • Steve Knill's audition (How did he only get a single turn and then get thrown away immediately in the battles????)
  • Jules's audition (Ain't No Rest For the Wicked). Can't believe she got basically no love from IDF.
  • Lilli Passero, One Up, Zach Seabaugh, Samuel Wilco, Autumn Turner, and Madeline Consoer just in general.
Edited by ikwonic
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, ikwonic said:
  • Denisha Dalton's audition (Pillowtalk)
  • Steve Knill's audition (How did he only get a single turn and then get thrown away immediately in the battles????)
  • Jules's audition (Ain't No Rest For the Wicked). Can't believe she got basically no love from IDF.
  • Lilli Passero, Autumn Turner, and Madeline Consoer just in general.

agreed on these

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ikwonic said:
  • Anything by Allegra, especially Chandelier :wacko:
  • Bradley and Rachel's battle (Your Song). It was good, but was it REALLY the best battle of the season and the only standing ovation worthy one??? The battles were pretty awful this year, but Zania vs Durrel, Rio vs Carolina, and Cam vs Emma were all better...
  • Most of Emily Ann's most popular performances, like I Hope You Dance, Cowboy Take Me Away, and She's Got You (I preferred Keisha Renee, Destinee Quinn, and Charity Bowden and Josette Diaz's battle montage/studio recording to all of those 3 performances respectively).
  • Tayler Green's KO of Time After Time (Micah won and it wasn't even a difficult decision?)

I feel personally attacked 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ikwonic said:

Agree 100% about Jose and Zae!!

Anyways, my thoughts:

Overrated:

• Allegra - Chandelier 
  • Most performances by Kelsea Johnson (None of her performances just ever stood out to me? Sharane easily won in the KOs).

Underrated:

• Steve Knill's audition (How did he only get a single turn and then get thrown away immediately in the battles  Rest For the Wicked).
  • Lilli Passero, One Up, Zach Seabaugh, and Madeline Consoer just in general.

Agreed 💯

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ikwonic said:

It was Anna Grace's moment after her underrated first 2 performance.

4-Chair Standing O doesn't mean the Best. Ryleigh Vs. Gean (pov) says hi! and the best battle for me.

Edited by Jyn Mycle
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Overrated: All of Kennedy Holmes performances Especially Confident and Me Too (forgive me please 😭

Underrated:

-Connor Christian vs. Aaron Konzelman’s Battle,

-Steve Knill’s Audition,

-Lilli Passero’s Audition and Knockout 

-Anything Sarah Grace has ever done in life

-Anatalia Villaranda’s Audition

Edited by erik g

9 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Underrated 

-Dana Monique - "Leave The Door Open"

-Pia Renee - "Turn Your Lights Down Low" 

-Rachel Mac - "The Chain" 

Overrated 

-Kenzie Wheeler - "He Stopped Loving Her Today"

I don´t remember Kenzie´s semifinals recieving that much praise here. Many were in agreement that it was ok, but he didn´t pull off what should have been a winning performance with that huge song.

Agree with Pia´s semfinal being underrated. Reggae is always welcome for me on this show.