Single Dumbest Decision from each coach

Misirlou

In IDF we love to hate on the coaches decisions 😂, what do you think has been THE single dumbest mistake a coach did, that could have or actually has cost them a season.

Adam- Dropping Josh Kaufman in S6, who went on to win the season.

Blake- Dropping Corey Jackson in S17, who could have given Hoot a run for his money.

Pharrell- The direction he made Luke Wade take in S7, those song choices ugh.

Alicia- Dropping Michael Sanchez in S11, who definitely would have been better recieved that Sara'yah.

Gwen- keeping Ryan Sill for as long as she did.

Christina- The direction she made Matthew Schuler take. "When a Man loves a Woman" really?

Miley- The infamous elimination of both Addison and Chloe from her team in S13, who went to be the Top 2.

Usher- His song choices for Bria Kelly.

Ceelo- Keeping Erin Martin.

Jennifer- The diva direction she made Davon Fleming take.

Kelly- Dropping Mikaela Astiel and Jackson Marlow in the battles.( I know that's 2 but both of them could have been vote magnets)

Shakira- All of her song choices in S6.

John- Dropping Thunderstorm in S18.

• Like 1

Adam- Season 15's Robegate. Any shot he had at getting someone in the finale (via the Instant Save) was gone the minute he threw DeAndre under the bus.

Blake- Picking Cali over Gracee for the coach save last season; being country/country-pop with the most popular coach could've gotten her at least through the top 11. 

Pharrell- Luke Wade's entire live show run.

Alicia- Sa'Rayah winning the KO was a mistake, but tbh that's the only really dumb thing I remember her doing.

Gwen- Braiden Sunshine over Lyndsey Elm (or Ryan Sill over Beth Spangler/Bryana Salaz).

Christina- Picking Nick Hagelin for her coach comeback in Season 10. 

Miley- Ashland over Chloe and Moriah.

Usher- The Bria Kelly fiasco; he bribed her with a Grammy but he had no idea what to do with her.

Ceelo- Keeping Erin Martin.

Jennifer- Keeping Davon away from the gospel lane.

Kelly- Dropping Mikaela Astel and Rizzi Myers in Season 16.

Shakira- Season 6 (Kristen is the only artist she didn't completely screw up song choices for, and it showed).

John- Letting his ego get in the way of keeping Thunderstorm.

Adam- is this even a question though? 😂. Obviously, bussing Deandre for that robe-y dovey teen girl. That really ended him. (S15)

Blake- dropping Gracee for Cali (who had a terrible performance). Then Cali flopped hard in the next round. (S17) 🤢

Kelly- dropping Rizzi, who I think would've fared better than Presley. And Mikaela also, she's got that teen girl aura going and she's pretty popular because of her blinds. (S16)

John- dropping Thunderstorm (S18), now it'll haunt him forever, when TStorm wins (if only) 😂

Pharrell- I have expected Luke (S7) to be good in the Lives, but the way Pharrell had molded him in the Lives? Nah.

Christina- the path that he chose for Bryan (S10) and Matthew (S5) in the Lives didn't worked out for both of them. 

Alicia- dropping Felicia over Quizz (S12). Seriously bruh? 😂

Gwen- dropping Bryana Salaz, Beth Spangler, and more for Ryan Sill (S7)? 🤢

Jennifer- choosing Shi'Ann Jones over Hannah and Chris. (S13)

Ceelo- obviously, keeping Erin Martin. (S2)

Miley- choosing Ashland over Chloe and Karli over Addison lol, she would've had amazing 3 finalists: Addison, Chloe, and Brooke, but I guess, you really can't have it all 😂. (S13)

Usher- man, the choices of Usher for Bria in the pre-lives and lives was bad. He really didn't know what to do with rockers. (S4)

Shakira- for being a very weak coach (jk). She screws up the song choices for her artists.

Gwen picking Taylor John Williams over Troy Ritchie, and Adam picking Damien over Toia, both in S7.

These aren’t technically bad decisions, (Damien made finale and TJW made semifinals) but after watching Toia and Troy’s performances again, I still can’t believe their coaches eliminated them at that moment.

An actual dumb decision would be Xtina bringing back Nick Hagelin as her comeback. Idk if it was her or the producers’ idea, but it was horrible either way to bring back the worst singer to ever be on the Voice.

Edited by Daillon

8 minutes ago, Daillon said:

An actual dumb decision would be Xtina bringing back Nick Hagelin as her comeback. Idk if it was her or the producers’ idea, but it was horrible either way to bring back the worst singer to ever be on the Voice.

It's been said that Christina actually wanted to bring back Kristen Marie, who imo was underrated and deserved to win her battle. But the producers made her bring back Nick instead.

Edited by Grey_Raine
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

• 2 years later...

Adam- Robegate

Blake- Stealing Lacy Mandigo when there are WAY BETTER choices (Kristen Marie, Mike Schiavo)

Pharrell- Luke Wade's live shows

Alicia- Stealing Dallas Caroline who completely got destroyed by her opponent

Gwen- Ryan Sill over Beth Sprangler/Bryana Salaz

Christina- Matthew Schuler's live shows

Miley- Ashland over Chloe (who turned out to be the winner of this season), Karli and Moriah.

Usher- Bria Kelly's live shows

CeeLo- Keeping Erin Martin.

Jennifer- Keeping Shi'Ann Jones over Hannah Mzorak (Chris Weaver was understandable)

Kelly- Putting Mikaela Astel against 3 grown-up adults.

Shakira- almost every S6 decisions ever (ex: Dani over Clarissa, song choices for her artists in lives)

John- SenoritaAdvancing Bailey Rae over Sid/Lauren
Ariana- Dropping Hailey Mia in battle by picking the wrong song choice
Camila- a bit of song choice issues so far but we will see later

Edited by Ottoxxx

9 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

It turned out to be a great decision though. Micah made the finale at the end and let's be honest he and Taylor were almost even in the KOs.

Yeah I agree but still Tayler won in my eyes. No offense to Micah though, I loved his "I Will Follow You Into The Dark" cover

I think I will change my decision about Kelly's dumbest decision now

Edited by Ottoxxx
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ottoxxx said:

Adam- Robegate

Blake- Stealing Lacy Mandigo when there are WAY BETTER choices (Kristen Marie, Mike Schiavo)

Pharrell- Luke Wade's live shows

Alicia- Stealing Dallas Caroline who completely got destroyed by her opponent

Gwen- Ryan Sill over Beth Sprangler/Bryana Salaz

Christina- Matthew Schuler's live shows

Miley- Ashland over Chloe (who turned out to be the winner of this season), Karli and Moriah.

Usher- Bria Kelly's live shows

CeeLo- Keeping Erin Martin.

Jennifer- Keeping Shi'Ann Jones over Hannah Mzorak (Chris Weaver was understandable)

Kelly- Picking Micah over Tayler.

Shakira- almost every S6 decisions ever (ex: Dani over Clarissa, song choices for her artists in lives)

John- SenoritaAdvancing Bailey Rae over Sid/Lauren
Ariana- Dropping Hailey Mia in battle by picking the wrong song choice
Camila- a bit of song choice issues so far but we will see later

Adam: Yes! And there a lot of dumb decisions by him during his run on the show, but when he thought he couldn't be any worse, he really shocked us with that one 

Blake: Disagree. Not even close. I think Lacy held her own on that battle 

Pharrell: tes, he failed on that one, but in this case, i would dare to say that stealing Lacy here was, Indeed, a dumb decision. (Picking Elijah over Maiya was unforgivable, as well)

Alicia: I mean, uff, yes 

Gwen: Yes X1000 

Christina: i think she had dumbest decisions on her first three seasons?? Idk, but i yeah, idk what was she thinking with giving WAMLAW to Matthew. (But, if she really was the one that picked Nick Hagelin to come back, them that take the win) 

Miley: Yes 

Usher: In this case, i guess i have to agree  

Ceelo: i barely know anything about that season but very probably yes (letting go of Cole was also dumb)

Jennifer: Yeah, not so much. But i don't remember the performances from that night, so idk.  

Kelly: not even Top 5. Picking The Bundys over Mikaela would probably take the prize (There are probably some other strong contenders)

Shakira: i don't even know where to start with her, her team wasn't even that strong to give her a lot of room for "bad decisions" 

John: uff, kind of agree, but i'm willing to bet that there are probably worse 

Ariana: probably yes 

Camila: we'll see, 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Adam: Yes! And there a lot of dumb decisions by him during his run on the show, but when he thought he couldn't be any worse, he really shocked us with that one 

Blake: Disagree. Not even close. I think Lacy held her own on that battle 

Pharrell: tes, he failed on that one, but in this case, i would dare to say that stealing Lacy here was, Indeed, a dumb decision. (Picking Elijah over Maiya was unforgivable, as well)

Alicia: I mean, uff, yes 

Gwen: Yes X1000 

Christina: i think she had dumbest decisions on her first three seasons?? Idk, but i yeah, idk what was she thinking with giving WAMLAW to Matthew. (But, if she really was the one that picked Nick Hagelin to come back, them that take the win) 

Miley: Yes 

Usher: In this case, i guess i have to agree  

Ceelo: i barely know anything about that season but very probably yes (letting go of Cole was also dumb)

Jennifer: Yeah, not so much. But i don't remember the performances from that night, so idk.  

Kelly: not even Top 5. Picking The Bundys over Mikaela would probably take the prize (There are probably some other strong contenders)

Shakira: i don't even know where to start with her, her team wasn't even that strong to give her a lot of room for "bad decisions" 

John: uff, kind of agree, but i'm willing to bet that there are probably worse 

Ariana: probably yes 

Camila: we'll see, 

Lacy wasn't bad, she's just too basic and doesn't bring anything interesting to her performances. On the other hand Alisan annihilated her.

But I respect your opinion.

Edited by Ottoxxx

4 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

I get the disappointment with Luke Wade’s run, but for me Pharrell’s biggest mistake was his weird obsession with Sugar Joans.

The title says “single divest decision” but otherwise that would’ve been my #2 for Pharrell.

Adding on the “newer” coaches:

Nick: Saving Devan after his battle with Dana (instead of saving Lindsay or Bradley)

Ariana: Letting Hailey Mia go after her battle (granted, I like Raquel so I wasn’t upset about the decision in the moment, but in the long run…)

1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

The title says “single divest decision” but otherwise that would’ve been my #2 for Pharrell.

Nick: Saving Devan after his battle with Dana (instead of saving Lindsay or Bradley)

Ariana: Letting Hailey Mia go after her battle (granted, I like Raquel so I wasn’t upset about the decision in the moment, but in the long run…)

I mean Devan won the 4WKO (and Lindsay can't sing, she blocked me on Insta) but Bradley totally deserved the save

Kelly took Hailey to the finale but she totally would've won with Ariana

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

3 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

I forgot to add Nick lol, but yeah I'd have to agree a lot on this one.

Edited by Ottoxxx

2 hours ago, musiclover46789 said:

I mean Devan won the 4WKO (and Lindsay can't sing, she blocked me on Insta) but Bradley totally deserved the save

Kelly took Hailey to the finale but she totally would've won with Ariana

@Bk1234I think I will let you handle this one.

hide GIF

Edited by Ottoxxx
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Love Jennifer. But she messed up letting go of Ignatious (who no one saved) best Sam Smith cover on TVUSA and arguably the best audition of the season for me.

yessssssssssssss

Ignatious was league better than Eric Lyn. I just couldn't stand the latter's tone, he sounded like a chipmunk

Edited by Ottoxxx