The Voice 18 ● Finale Recap/Winner is Chosen ● Discussion

istersay

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, NerdN7 said:

I really want to know if Blake did a 1-2 again. 

Well, unless they confirm it by press release or on social media, Toneisha and Thunderstorm are co-runner up or tied for 2nd. So Blake got 1 and 2. 😄

Edited by season1

7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

And John hasn´t lift a finger as far as I know

I don't know if John helped Maelyn or not - but she's done regardless.  No hits no career.  If she could write a hit it would already be out there.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, BrokenHearted said:

Predictable results given the demographic of this show. At least Todd has a good voice unlike last season's winner.

I’d say both are equally decently good. Todd just has a more “distinct” voice than Jake does, which makes him a less “disliked” winner on IDF. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cranberrys said:

I don't know if John helped Maelyn or not - but she's done regardless.  No hits no career.  If she could write a hit it would already be out there.  

If only Republic would let Queen do so.

Edited by Maxwell

Two seasons in a row we've gotten a white country dude as a winner. Hope this trend doesn't continue. The more Minivan gets their way, then the more younger voters stop watching, the more Minivan gets their way...the cycle continues.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

Todd is the very first winner of The Voice who also auditioned the FIRST in a season.

he's also the oldest winner in the history of the show!  such a refreshing and unique winner. ❤️  Hopefully this inspires them to put more older people on the show next season.  If Toneisha was really second place then that means the ages of the top 2 were 42 and 44!  Such a cool first!   It's nice to see the older peeps finally getting some love after the streak of teenagers/early-20's that normally win this show.  

• Like 5

Just now, pepperman said:

he's also the oldest winner in the history of the show!  such a refreshing and unique winner. ❤️  Hopefully this inspires them to put more older people on the show next season.  If Toneisha was really second place then that means the ages of the top 2 were 42 and 44!  Such a cool first!   It's nice to see the older peeps finally getting some love after the streak of teenagers/early-20's that normally win this show.  

Meh. The label can't do anything with older singers. Universal Republic needs more younger singers they can do nothing with and then cut loose. Gotta make them jaded at a younger age to prepare them for life. 🤣

2 minutes ago, pepperman said:

The problem with this equation is the crowd that voted Todd thru doesn't buy or consume much music.   He may find success in Christian music but he won't smell a hint of success at mainstream country.  

3 minutes ago, CufaFanvoice26 said:

The best part of today's show is Megan turning off the camera first and sticking her tongue out at the opening performance lol.

I missed that. I guess I can replay on DVR later. 

It's good to see Ricky and Britton perform towards the end.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, indii said:

Two seasons in a row we've gotten a white country dude as a winner. Hope this trend doesn't continue. The more Minivan gets their way, then the more younger voters stop watching, the more Minivan gets their way...the cycle continues.

The younger voters want nothing to do with this show, they know there is nothing here for them. This show has had disastrous finale results for too many seasons, and for that reason alone there is little chance of getting back the lost viewers, or gaining a new batch.

Edited by Ptones2010
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ptones2010 said:

The younger voters want nothing to do with this show, they know there is nothing here for them. This show has had disastrous finale results for too many seasons, and for that reason alone there is little chance of getting back the lost viewers, or gaining a new batch.

But - it's still one of the top rated shows on television and it ain't going anywhere.  You're blaming the show for a ubiquitous cultural phenomenon - and you're wrong.   The younger demo wasn't lost because of the coaches, singers, or winners - it was lost to chord cutting and the interwebs.

Edited by Cranberrys

24 minutes ago, Ptones2010 said:

I’m 24...I’m a young voter. This season one of the seasons I didn’t really vote because I enjoyed everyone a little bit. I’m likely going to vote next season, especially if there’s a Will Breman/Kat Hammock/Madi Davis/ or a reggae or a crooner/female throwback artist that actually makes the lives for once. 

Edited by xfactor22

2 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Queen Megan giving the diss this show deserves lmao.

lmfao yessss... she reposts a lot of her fans stuff saying she should have moved on on her story and even though its very lowkey shade, I'll let it pass because she totally deserved a finale position as much as Micah