The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Just now, SNI2 said:

Does anybody knows if Miranda Lambert is banned or something? I mean, she seems happy with her husband, Blake is marrying Gwen and Mamma's Broken Heart is an amazing rock-country crossover.  

I don't know if it's officially banned, but I can imagine it's a "soft ban" since even though Blake's moved on I could still see it being hard for him to be 100% impartial on a song his ex wife wrote/performs, and Blake is the main audience view magnet so keeping him happy is in the producers' best interests.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, seak05 said:

There are literally thousands of country songs out there. And frankly for purposes of contestants on the show there are like 6 of her songs that would have been good choices tops (combination of hit/recognizable + more ballad type), and one of those is "over you" which Blake co-wrote (and has performed), and therefore they could probably sing. The big loss is "house that built me" although I also love "famous in a small town" it didn't even go top 10 at radio. Bluebird would be a solid choice, but it's really new. 

Also while you personally may have only wanted it for the artists to be able to sing it, there are others on here who were interested in the reaction. And regardless, if a contestant sang Miranda on the show, a lot of the focus would have been on Blake's reaction instead of the contestant. 

“Tin Man” would be good on the show, but it’s not gonna happen. 

You say there are thousands of country songs. The reality is there aren’t many mainstream females with current hits that would do well on the show. Carrie is tough to pull off, and Maren and Kelsea are pop singers. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

Ryan G. is the silent killer here. First, he has to win the 4 way KO, and if he does, he´s probably going to shake things up. He might get the PV considering his impressive numbers and the huge love he´s getting from Minivan. Not to mention, he could get the CS, perhaps Kelly has total faith in him winning the 4 way KO, which is why she put him there, and she might come to his rescue again if needed. I mean, her reaction to his auditions says it all.

As much as I want both Cami and Desz in the finale, I would honestly love to see a Ryan and Kelly duet. He's good with low notes and she's good with high notes- it could be really nice 

3 hours ago, antikid said:

Kelly's team is not that stacked. I'd say Ryan is likely to win the 4-way but it's still uncertain. Madeline and Tanner need to step up big time to consider all of Kelly's people to be contenders 

When only two people go through, being able to consider 4 different people going through seems like it could be considered stacked. Even though we may not think Tanner is that good, he is country so that already boosts him and having DesZ, Cami, and possibly Ryan would be a pretty close competition. At this point, Madeline is the only one that could be said has no shot but we’ve also only seen the blinds so far. 

Edited by rp3598

50 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

“Tin Man” would be good on the show, but it’s not gonna happen. 

You say there are thousands of country songs. The reality is there aren’t many mainstream females with current hits that would do well on the show. Carrie is tough to pull off, and Maren and Kelsea are pop singers. 

Carly, Gabby (prob won't get uesd bc idol) and Ingrid Andress have all also had #1's this year. Kacey has more then one song (rainbow would be great), Maren's discography has both pop and country, Kelsea is pretty pop, but she has some good songs, Lady A and LBT both have mostly female leads. And since most of the stuff song on the show isn't contemporary anyways, you have Sara Evans, Faith, Trisha, Reba, the Judds etc. Plus I think it often works well when contestants flip songs from male to female (or vice versa), so I don't think they have to limited themselves to women. 

...and they could always do Kenny's Tin Man

Edited by seak05

2 hours ago, roundtown said:

Why does that fall on Blake? The one in charge of allowing or not allowing music to be used on the show is all on Miranda and her people.

Do people actually think Miranda has forbidden the use of her songs, as opposed to TPTB trying to avoid an awkward situation for Blake? 

I agree that back when he and Miranda first split up, it WOULD have been awkward. But it’s been 5+ years. I really think Blake can handle it now, maybe other than the few songs that HE wrote for/with her.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Do people actually think Miranda has forbidden the use of her songs, as opposed to TPTB trying to avoid an awkward situation for Blake? 

I agree that back when he and Miranda first split up, it WOULD have been awkward. But it’s been 5+ years. I really think Blake can handle it now, maybe other than the few songs that HE wrote for/with her.

No idea if Miranda allows it or not, I don't think it's a question of "handling it" it's that adding a few songs from one artists catalogue isn't worth it to the producers to have the storyline be how does Blake react to the song (and/or Gwen since she's on this season) versus the song and performance. 

2 minutes ago, David68 said:

Gwen must left the voice jades. she is not true singer. chiristina aguilera and j hud and aisha must back this is not true the voice

ah yes, aisha.

To be fair, I also want Aisha back :haha:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, moonlighty said:

Agreed, that song should be banned from the show, at first I said Madeline should sing this but then i realized how terribly insensitive that would be to Kelly and I'm sorry for even considering that in the first place

I don't know on banned 100%, but at least temporarily taken out of rotation would be good (and will likely happen). 

Since there are 5 montages this season ( assuming that tomorrow 3 full battles will be shown), one team is going to have 2 montaged battles while the other three will have 1. 

I'm now thinking that perhaps both Ian and Ben's battles are going to be montaged, since according to the sources they were not that good. 

For Team Gwen, probably Lain vs Chloe, for Kelly, Kelsie vs Emmalee, and for John, Casme vs Rio.

Edited by Misirlou

I think if Madeline is to tackle Kelly she should sing Beautiful Disaster, Don’t Rush, Don’t You Want To Stay or Move You. 

I actually think she’d do really well on Move You. Madeline has this soulful side that I’m hoping we get to see. I think vocally she’s like a mix of Maren Morris and Kelsea Ballerini. She’s a mix of very pop country and kind of soul country. 

13 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Since there are 5 montages this season ( assuming that tomorrow 3 full battles will be shown), one team is going to have 2 montaged battles while the other three will have 1. 

I'm now thinking that perhaps both Ian and Ben's battles are going to be montaged, since according to the sources they were not that good. 

For Team Gwen, probably Lain vs Chloe, for Kelly, Kelsie vs Emmalee, and for John, Casme vs Rio.

I'm just mad that the only option for John's team to montage (since they don't do montages this early in the battle rounds) is Casme vs. Rio - I was looking forward to that one. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I'm just mad that the only option for John's team to montage (since they don't do montages this early in the battle rounds) is Casme vs. Rio - I was looking forward to that one. 

Me too, but that´s the only non- steal battle from Team Legend left (since we´re getting Tamara vs Olivia tonight), so it´s definitely getting montaged unless they decided to have 2 teams have 2 montaged battles each and let Team Legend scoff free from that, but it seems unlikely given the fewer battles we have and the increased montages.

Just now, Misirlou said:

Me too, but that´s the only non- steal battle from Team Legend left (since we´re getting Tamara vs Olivia tonight), so it´s definitely getting montaged unless they decided to have 2 teams have 2 montaged battles each and let Team Legend scoff free from that, but it seems unlikely given the fewer battles we have and the increased montages.

If they do let John off with no montages, then I could see Van vs. Tori on the chopping block (since Van doesn't make it to lives, but I doubt they'd double montage anyone this season and his KO was the one "big flop" we've heard about via sources) or Ryan vs. Liam (which I'd hope not since I liked both of their auditions but I think this is more likely as a "backup chop" than Van vs. Tori since we're 99% sure they're not gonna montage Ryan when he went up against Payge in the KOs).

2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

If they do let John off with no montages, then I could see Van vs. Tori on the chopping block (since Van doesn't make it to lives, but I doubt they'd double montage anyone this season and his KO was the one "big flop" we've heard about via sources) or Ryan vs. Liam (which I'd hope not since I liked both of their auditions but I think this is more likely as a "backup chop" than Van vs. Tori since we're 99% sure they're not gonna montage Ryan when he went up against Payge in the KOs).

Ryan vs Liam is another one I´m looking for, but I don´t know if they are going to get montaged. JusJon vs Payton better be good, since they are being shown in full and I´m losing  Casme vs Rio and possibly Ryan vs Liam, both good battles according to the sources. 

Either way, apart from tonight,  I´m really looking forward to John vs Julia and Marisa vs Ryan, and at least we know those two won´t be montaged since they end up in saves.

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Ryan vs Liam is another one I´m looking for, but I don´t know if they are going to get montaged. JusJon vs Payton better be good, since they are being shown in full and I´m losing  Casme vs Rio and possibly Ryan vs Liam, both good battles according to the sources. 

Either way, apart from tonight,  I´m really looking forward to John vs Julia and Marisa vs Ryan, and at least we know those two won´t be montaged since they end up in saves.

Marisa vs. Ryan and Cami vs. James (likely the round closer given who steals James) are the two that aren't on tonight that I'm most excited for, since three of the six I wanted to see are on tonight and the last of the six appears to be going to montage territory.  

If they're gonna montage Casme vs. Rio, then Tamara vs. Olivia better be solid (along with JusJon vs. Payton).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I’m really interested in how James handles Wicked Game (on paper it seems like a weird choice for him)

and how John and Julia’s voices blend together.

Same - John vs. Julia's gonna hurt to watch because both are incredible artists (and neither should've been at risk to go home) but I think that's easily going to be one of the better battles of the season.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Cami vs. James (likely the round closer given who steals James)

Since Cami's battle AND knockout were both the ones where the least steal was used, do we think that she'll get the closing spot for both rounds like Cedrice did? That would probably help her win popularity with the viewers

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Carlos3500 said:

Since Cami's battle AND knockout were both the ones where the least steal was used, do we think that she'll get the closing spot for both rounds like Cedrice did? That would probably help her win popularity with the viewers

I don't know on the closing spot for KOs, but I'm 95% sure on battles given a Blake steal has closed the last four seasons' worth of battles. KOs (with three seasons of data over the same time period) are less consistent, with a Kelly steal, Blake steal, and Blake save, respectively. 

Edited by VintageVoice