The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Guys we might get 4 steals/saves on Monday. Bc on Tuesday, only 3 are shown and so only one steal/save will happen. And then the following Monday will have 3.

its gonna be like this probably

Bailey vs Sid (STOLEN BY KELLY)

Carter vs Larriah (SAVED BY GWEN)

Kelsie vs Emmalae

WTW vs Taryn (SAVED BY BLAKE)

Rio vs Casme

Payge vs Lauren (STOLEN BY JOHN)

14 minutes ago, Ottoship said:

Guys who’s TCO for each season?

If i were to guess.....

Gwen - Carter (He got a fairly good edit, and he also got leaked. Both his battle and KO opponents got stolen/saved so he might also close an episode)

Kelly - Desz (She got the “tomorrow night” preview, E3 pimp spot and they really hyped her up. Plus, her battle and KO opponents got stolen).

John - Definitely John Holiday (premiere pimp spot which means something, and also the ppl he faced got saved/stolen so he might close an episode).

Blake - Worth the Wait (Leak, got a great edit, and also ppl they faced got stolen/saved)

let's not forget that Tanner was a leak and that Tamara was the opener/premiere leak. If Tamara is the John TCO (which she probably isn't tbf) then DeSz will not be Kelly's.

6 minutes ago, Ottoship said:

Guys we might get 4 steals/saves on Monday. Bc on Tuesday, only 3 are shown and so only one steal/save will happen. And then the following Monday will have 3.

its gonna be like this probably

Bailey vs Sid (STOLEN BY KELLY)

Carter vs Larriah (SAVED BY GWEN)

Kelsie vs Emmalae

WTW vs Taryn (SAVED BY BLAKE)

Rio vs Casme

Payge vs Lauren (STOLEN BY JOHN)

Given its very likely that Payge vs Lauren will be in the premiere, since Lauren's the only double steal, I don't think John H vs Julia will be on because they're not going to have John use both his steal and save in the premiere.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Given its very likely that Payge vs Lauren will be in the premiere, since Lauren's the only double steal, I don't think John H vs Julia will be on because they're not going to have John use both his steal and save in the premiere.

I think so, yeah, they have to keep the saves/steals balanced. So far Payge vs Lauren are the only ones I definitely see in the premiere, I  have no idea who else could be, but either way, we´ll find out tomorrow. And given that the videos last season featured the Battles of the Week in order, we´re definitely knowing as well which ones are going to get montaged.

Guys I’m thinking we might actually get Marissa V Ryan as the closer with Lauren and Payge opening. I mean back in season 16 we got a battle opener as a double steal with Matthew Johnson. And Marisa and Ryan according to sources was a  great battle and they usually mostly close premiere battles with Kelly’s battles Bc her battles tend to be excellent AKA(Jej V Beth, Melinda V Shane(not that good but was a team Kelly battle closer,  DR V Jackie) all these battles closed the 1st battle premiere so I think this is how it’s gonna end up. 

Lauren F  V Payge Turner (STEAL)

Rio Souma V Casme

Taryn Papa V WTW(SAVED)

Desz V Joseph Soul(STEAL)

Liam St John V Ryan Berg

Marisa Corvo V Ryan G(SAVED)

49 minutes ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

Guys I’m thinking we might actually get Marissa V Ryan as the closer with Lauren and Payge opening. I mean back in season 16 we got a battle opener as a double steal with Matthew Johnson. And Marisa and Ryan according to sources was a  great battle and they usually mostly close premiere battles with Kelly’s battles Bc her battles tend to be excellent AKA(Jej V Beth, Melinda V Shane(not that good but was a team Kelly battle closer,  DR V Jackie) all these battles closed the 1st battle premiere so I think this is how it’s gonna end up. 

Lauren F  V Payge Turner (STEAL)

Rio Souma V Casme

Taryn Papa V WTW(SAVED)

Desz V Joseph Soul(STEAL)

Liam St John V Ryan Berg

Marisa Corvo V Ryan G(SAVED)

please tell me the "not that good" battle you're referring to is Melinda vs Shane and not DR vs Jackie lmao

Also, I agree that Marisa vs Ryan is a plausible closer. The fact that they closed the premiere with saves the past two seasons also helps.

Edited by FloorWax

27 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

please tell me the "not that good" battle you're referring to is Melinda vs Shane and not DR vs Jackie lmao

Also, I agree that Marisa vs Ryan is a plausible closer. The fact that they closed the premiere with saves the past two seasons also helps.

LMFAOO OFC SHANE AND MELINDA😭. DR AND JACKIE WAS FREAKIN LEGENDARY. I HOPE MARRISA AND RYAN ARE AS GOOD AS THAT.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

I actually can’t wait to see Marisa vs Ryan again, Marisa really held nothing back she made Ryan look like an ant 

Did Ryan do good? Or did he also received praises? Or did Marisa was the only one who did good there?

6 hours ago, Ottoship said:

Flop results for T17

Kelly:

PV - Ryan Gallagher (It was so good that Kelly proposes to him on live television)

CS - Madeline (Madeline sings Piece by Piece and Kelly picks Madeline bc it reminds her of herself...overwhelmed with tears)

Gwen

PV - Joseph Soul (Joseph Soul absolutely crushes the competition, and since Kelly and Blake think he’s good, Gwen just echos their comments)

CS - Ben Allen (Gwen wants to keep her country moment, and she wants to keep an OG Blake artist)

John Legend

PV - Bailey Rae (sings a country song and minivan loves it’s. John wants to ruin Blake’s chances by splitting the country vote so his CS can make the finale)

CS - Chloe Hagan (Since John can’t pick between Tamara and John Holiday, he picks Chloe bc he sees her cry...knowing she lost)

Blake

PV - Ian F

CS - Worth the Wait (He doesn’t wanna pick Jim bc he’s jealous that Jim is a better singer than him, and he thinks Sid is too loud)

To be honest, I believe that if someone sings Piece by Piece near Kelly Clarkson ever again after Brandon divorcing her and suing her for money (reference), she'll probably pull a Sindel from Mortal Kombat, go berserker and murder the person with the strength of her scream.

But I can see the Ryan G scenario easily, though 🤣

• Haha 1

I have a theory for the Ryan G vs Marisa battle. I believe it was the song that gave Marisa all the power she needed. "I Surrender" from Celine Dion carries a message that would resonate with anyone in Marisa's previous condition as a gay kid being sended to a conversion-theraphy camp. It would be even more powerful if she was thinking about someone special for her at the time.  

There's so much life I've left to live
And this fire is burning still
When I watch you look at me
I think I could find the will
To stand for every dream
And forsake this solid ground
And give up this fear within
Of what would happen if they ever knew
I'm in love with you

Perhaps she found strength to beat an opera singer in Celine Dion through her own history. When she faced the next round, she didn't had the same sheer will (I presume) and Kelly dropped her. 

5 hours ago, moonlighty said:

Yeah, Cami's chances would be way better on Gwen's team and she would probably not have been dropped, I don't think Sid will be able to pull through Blake's save when he's on the same team as Jim, Ian and WTW though I'd live for that, and also yes, Ian can very much get a PV and ppl are sleeping on that possibility (Like they have been on the possibility of Bailey getting Team Legend's PV)

Now that I think about it, if Cami chose Gwen, then Gwen would have her team most likely filled up her team before Carter, who was her last spot. Then maybe we could've had a Payge and Cami Top 2 for her 

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

If she actually overpowered an opera singer, damn, now I want to watch this battle.

Overpowering an Opera singer like Ryan isn't that shocking to me because Marisa is also a decent vocalist. There are different styles in operatic music just take Mandi Thomas for instance she is a classically trained opera singer who can reach many high parts in her head voice, while for Ryan it is different he mainly uses his Chest Voice so overpowering him is not THAT difficult.

Btw I'm really looking forward to this battle as I love both of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zainab Tufail said:

while for Ryan it is different he mainly uses his Chest Voice so overpowering him is not THAT difficult.

huh (2)

What's the connection between using chest and voice and being easily overpowered? Chest voices can hold lots of power.