The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

20 minutes ago, antikid said:

even though i loved her blind i wouldn't call it pitch perfect or very close to it so maybe they won't bother too much with the editing here either

yeah totally, her blind was really cool in how much she showed she could do but she had a few weaker momentse

1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

If Tamara was as pitchy as sources claim, how much autotune do y'all think she'll get (since I doubt they'll montage anyone tomorrow night)?

Who said she was pitchy? She was not. What she was, was underwhelming, especially compared to the hype.

If I were handicapping the odds of winning The show, it would look something like this. It is, of course, subject to change. 

Worth The Wait 3-1

Carter 5-1

Tanner 8-1

Desz 10-1 

Tamara 16-1

The field 20-1

All of those are likely locks to make the T8. Some will make an argument for Jim, but I think he’s going to need Blake’s save, and I’m not convinced he’s going to get it. As for WTW, I think they’ll overcome the trio stigma, since they literally consist of a card carrying member of Team Minivan and her her two teenage kids. Plus, they are on Blake’s team. He’ll convince his fandom that they are what’s missing on country radio (his favorite line). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Who said she was pitchy? She was not. What she was, was underwhelming, especially compared to the hype.

I'm expecting that battle to be similar to Payge vs Lauren's. The song clearly favors Olivia's style.

Nevertheless, unlike the aforementioned battle, I'm expecting Tamara to win the Voice app indicator on this one. 

• Like 1

This is what the sources said

Tamara Jade vs. Olivia Reyes

-"Tamara was pitchy but had potential, Olivia was more controlled"

-"equal, but Tamara was the obvious choice"

-Kelly and Blake picked Tamara

So, one source said she was pitchy, while the other said she was the clear winner, plus the majority of the coaches chose her, so, while the battle probably won´t get her any fans, I don´t think it will hurt her.

As for the rest :

Worth the Wait vs. Taryn Papa

-Taryn > WTW; Mia (youngest) "carried WTW"

-"Very Good" with Blake comparing Mia to Danielle and Taryn to Cassadee

-Kelly and Blake apparently thought Taryn didn't show off her voice as much as she could have

-Kelly and Gwen chose Worth the Wait, John chose Taryn

IDF is more likely to prefer Taryn, and apparently one of the sources did so as well. It will be interesting to see Kelly´s and Blake´s bases for their comments.

Madeline Consoer vs. Eli Zamora

-A bizarre pairing with a bizarre song choice, but they did pretty well

-Coaches were split

-some of the song was sung in Spanish

Looking forward to this one since the song´s  an old favorite of mine, and apparently it was good. I preferred Eli in the blinds, so it will be interesting to see how and if Madeline steps it up.

JusJon vs. Payton Lamar

-The coaches all agreed that JusJon was the winner

Didn´t like either of their auditons, so this is bound to be a bore. Hope they prove me wrong though.

Bailey Rae vs. Sid Kingsley

-Sid was more interesting, but the source preferred BAiley

-surprised Bailey won

-Sid was more solid

-Bailey started pitchy, Sid "tried too hard"

Looking forward to hearing Sid again, and apparently he was better according to the sources, and Kelly and Blake picked him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

I recall maybe one of the sources saying she was slightly pitchy. The sources were mostly mixed to positive from what I remember. At worst I think one said Olivia was better, but the rest seemed to agree with the decision.

Hard Place is a great song, but it's not a great song for Tamara's voice. Having listened to Tamara prior to the spoilers dropping, then reading the pairing/song before knowing the result - I was very confused. It's really just not the right song for her vocally.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

This is what the sources said

Tamara Jade vs. Olivia Reyes

-"Tamara was pitchy but had potential, Olivia was more controlled"

-"equal, but Tamara was the obvious choice"

-Kelly and Blake picked Tamara

So, one source said she was pitchy, while the other said she was the clear winner, plus the majority of the coaches chose her, so, while the battle probably won´t get her any fans, I don´t think it will hurt her.

As for the rest :

Worth the Wait vs. Taryn Papa

-Taryn > WTW; Mia (youngest) "carried WTW"

-Kelly and Blake apparently thought Taryn didn't show off her voice as much as she could have

-Kelly and Gwen chose Worth the Wait, John chose Taryn

IDF is more likely to prefer Taryn, and apparently one of the sources did so as well. It will be interesting to see Kelly´s and Blake´s bases for their comments.

Madeline Consoer vs. Eli Zamora

-A bizarre pairing with a bizarre song choice, but they did pretty well

-Coaches were split

-some of the song was sung in Spanish

Looking forward to this one since the song´s  an old favorite of mine, and apparently it was good. I preferred Eli in the blinds, so it will be interesting to see how and if Madeline steps it up.

JusJon vs. Payton Lamar

-The coaches all agreed that JusJon was the winner

Didn´t like either of their auditons, so this is bound to be a bore. Hope they prove me wrong though.

Bailey Rae vs. Sid Kingsley

-Sid was more interesting, but the source preferred BAiley

-surprised Bailey won

-Sid was more solid

-Bailey started pitchy, Sid "tried too hard"

Looking forward to hearing Sid again, and apparently he was better according to the sources, and Kelly and Blake picked him. 

I don’t need sources. I “attended” the taping myself. She wasn’t pitchy. Like I said, she was merely underwhelming.

Edited by AngelaKD
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

I don’t need sources. I “attended” the taping myself. She wasn’t pitchy. Like I said, she was merely underwhelming.

Lol what is “underwhelming”. Wow so I guess that source was just being dramatic or didn’t know what “pitchy” meant.

44 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Lol what is “underwhelming”. Wow so I guess that source was just being dramatic or didn’t know what “pitchy” meant.

“Underwhelming” means that if you never heard her sing before or didn’t know she had gotten 4 chairs and high praise in the Blinds, you’d think she did a decent job. You wouldn’t think she was a front runner.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ottoship said:

For Cami, she’s in a good position to both close then battle rounds and get the premiere KO pimp spot.

We need to speak this into existence. She is easily one of the best vocalists this season, but due to her style, I feel like minivan isn't likely to vote for her. With some pimp spots, she has a better chance at making the finale 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Carlos3500 said:

We need to speak this into existence. She is easily one of the best vocalists this season, but due to her style, I feel like minivan isn't likely to vote for her. With some pimp spots, she has a better chance at making the finale 

All she needs is a great song in the playoffs tbh and she needs to nail it, she'll probably have to rely on the casual viewers for the PV to make the semis and if she does so I can see her in the finale with Kelly's stans also getting behind her

Obviously we need to see Kelly's reaction to all of their battles and knockouts but now I'd she is saving either Desz or Tanner and if neither get the PV (not that likely) probably Desz

• Like 1

Just now, antikid said:

All she needs is a great song in the playoffs tbh and she needs to nail it, she'll probably have to rely on the casual viewers for the PV to make the semis and if she does so I can see her in the finale with Kelly's stans also getting behind her

Obviously we need to see Kelly's reaction to all of their battles and knockouts but now I'd she is saving either Desz or Tanner and if neither get the PV (not that likely) probably Desz

Yeah I agree that this is the most likely scenario, but I'm hopeful that since she used her block for her, argued to get Julia since she was salty that she didn't get Cami, and because she chose Cami as the winner of her knockout with John, that she really likes her. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of her getting saved just yet! I'm really hoping it works out for her 

52 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

“Underwhelming” means that if you never heard her sing before or didn’t know she had gotten 4 chairs and high praise in the Blinds, you’d think she did a decent job. You wouldn’t think she was a front runner.

Gotcha

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

If I were handicapping the odds of winning The show, it would look something like this. It is, of course, subject to change. 

Worth The Wait 3-1

Carter 5-1

Tanner 8-1

Desz 10-1 

Tamara 16-1

The field 20-1

All of those are likely locks to make the T8. Some will make an argument for Jim, but I think he’s going to need Blake’s save, and I’m not convinced he’s going to get it. As for WTW, I think they’ll overcome the trio stigma, since they literally consist of a card carrying member of Team Minivan and her her two teenage kids. Plus, they are on Blake’s team. He’ll convince his fandom that they are what’s missing on country radio (his favorite line). 

spot on imo

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

interesting comparisons. i would say that taryn is a lot more powerful than cassadee but i haven't listened to all of her performances so i may be wrong. i also think that taryn had a more country sound than cassadee did, but i liked both.

10 minutes ago, antikid said:

i think that cami can do it, although i am a little concerned the audience might get bored of her? i know someone said she didn't go anywhere with her ko (personally, i loved her cover on yt), and i feel like that might be the audience's feeling toward her after a while, unless she does more. that being said, people like addison didn't really demonstrate a huge range and still went far, although i think addison's capability to express emotion with her voice is possibly unmatched (lauren d. probably is another one that comes to mind). 

i do however think that cami can kill a lot of different songs, having listened to all of the 40ish songs on her yt lmao

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

interesting comparisons. i would say that taryn is a lot more powerful than cassadee but i haven't listened to all of her performances so i may be wrong. i also think that taryn had a more country sound than cassadee did, but i liked both.

Taryn like Cassadee, what is he doing, picking names out of a hat?! 🤣 

Just now, anonymouskid_35 said:

Imagine this scenario:

PV: Desz

CS: Cami Clune

ugh what a dream come true 😍

Don’t give me hope... 🥺

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

Don’t give me hope... 🥺

Only one can dream ✨😂

Seriously though, I don't think Tanner is much more of a threat in the country dudes. Ben and Ian is more of the threat

But... minivan loves em country white dudes so 😬 UGH I AM NOT EVEN SURE ANYMORE. I HATE YOU TEAM MINIVAN

• Like 2

1 minute ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Only one can dream ✨😂

Seriously though, I don't think Tanner is much more of a threat in the country dudes. Ben and Ian is more of the threat

But... minivan loves em country white dudes so 😬 UGH I AM NOT EVEN SURE ANYMORE. I HATE YOU TEAM MINIVAN

Don´t forget Ryan G. is not out of the show yet, and he could very well win the 4 way KO and possibly come for that PV.

It would be an interesting chain if that happens actually: Marisa beats Ryan, Tanner beats Marisa, Ryan beats Tanner.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Don´t forget Ryan G. is not out of the show yet, and he could very well win the 4 way KO and possibly come for that PV.

It would be an interesting chain if that happens actually: Marisa beats Ryan, Tanner beats Marisa, Ryan beats Tanner.

If Ryan wins the 4-way KO, then I agree he'd give DeSz and Tanner a run for their money.

• Like 1