Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

1 minute ago, #jeah said:

Just @ Mockingjay next time. :haha: There was literally zero reason to make that two movies besides dollar signs 

At least they didn't have Katniss knocked out for 90% of the movie like the book.

Catching Fire should've been split in two though. 👀

15 minutes ago, #jeah said:

Just @ Mockingjay next time. :haha: There was literally zero reason to make that two movies besides dollar signs 

QFT. Deathly Hallows made sense because it was a 10 year climax and the books was long enough. Mockingjay was the worst book and that was the film they decided to split into two films? They all succeeded though, Deathly Hallows, Mockingjay and Breaking Dawn. Good thing Divergent killed that trend and The Maze Runner was smart enough not to do that.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

tumblr_n5gciyIamx1tr9u2ao1_500.gif

Based on the 1999 novel of the same name by Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being A Wallflower is a coming-of-age drama film written and directed by Stephen Chbosky himself. The story is about a teenager named Charlie who writes to an unnamed friend. These letters are about everything he goes through during his first year of high school, making new friends, and how he handles post traumatic stress disorder. The film stars Logan Lerman, Emma Watson, Ezra Miller, Mae Whitman, Kate Walsh, Dylan McDermott, Nina Dobrev, Johnny Simmons, Erin Wilhelmi, Melanie Lynskey, Paul Rudd, and Joan Cusack. The film received very positive reviews for the direction, screenplay, and the performances of Lerman, Watson, and Miller. The soundtrack which is inspired by '80s musicians received a lot of praise. The film also received good feedback for how it dealt with the mature topics and emotional weight of the story. There are some reviews that say the casting in uninspired and handles the mature topics too delicately. It still received some awards nominations. Ezra Miller unfortunately just choked a woman, which is why I wanted to cut this movie the last time it was nominated. Logan Lerman is still a snack though and two Emma Watson films leave in one round.

Saving: Captain America: Civil War

Manchester By the Sea 

Manchester_by_the_Sea.jpg

I actually wanted to see this movie when I saw the trailers. Too bad for its time in the rankdown that I never got around to it. It's been on Amazon Prime for a while and still nothing. Maybe this write up is the incentive needed! 

But I digress, this movie came out in 2016. It stars Casey Affleck (I don't pay enough attention. Is there reason to dislike him? 😤) , the white Michelle Williams, Kyle Chandler and Lucas Hedges. 

The basic plot of the movie is a teenager ends up living with his uncle after his parents die. Hold on, this name was negligent towards his own children and then his brother named his legal guardian? What the.... How come only horror movie characters get called out for being inconceivably stupid? 

This movie has lots of positive reviews. The actors are well praised. 

Saving Mission Impossible Rogue Nation

Ralph Breaks the Internet

Ralph_Breaks_the_Internet_(2018_film_pos

giphy.gif

I like both Ralph movies a lot, so this is a cut that I wouldn't be doing had I ben given the choice. But it is what it is. Ralph Breaks the Internet is a 2018 3D Computer Animated Comedy film and the sequel to the 2012 Wreck-It-Ralph. Somehow I always thought the period between the two films was much shorter than 6 years, weird. The movie centers again in Ralph and Vanellope, as they travel to the World Wide Web in search of a replacement part to save Vanellope's video game, Sugar Rush. I think the idea of the movie was cool and made room for plenty of relatable and funny moments. The voice cast of the movie included a lot of big names: John C. Reily, Sarah Silverman, Gal Gadot, Taraji. P Johnson, Jack McBrayer, Jane Lynch, Alan Tudyk, Alfred Molina and Ed O'Neil. The movie made a total of $530 M against a budget of $175M, therefore making bad all of the money invested and earning some profit. Reviews were great like the prequel with a 88 Tomatoscore and a 71 Metascore. The movie was nominated for the Academy Award as Best Animated Feature but lost to Into the Spider-Verse which is completely understandable.

Saving Ghost Protocol

tumblr_lul0t4aig91qdku5lo1_500.gif

Nominations:

1. Les Miserables

2. Rise of the Planet of the Apes

3. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

4. The Theory of Everything

5. Spider-Man: Homecoming

6. True Grit

7. Mandy

8. Moana

9. The Spectacular Now

10. The Lego Movie

11. The Witch

12. Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)

13. A Star is Born

14. The Artist

15. Brave

16. Whistleblower

17. Inherent Vice

18. Heartbeats

Nominations 2.0

1. Les Miserables

2. Rise of the Planet of the Apes

3. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

4. The Theory of Everything

5. Spider-Man: Homecoming

6. True Grit

7. Mandy

8. Moana

9. The Spectacular Now

10. The Lego Movie

11. The Witch

12. Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)

13. A Star is Born

14. The Artist

15. Brave

16. The Hateful Eight

17. Rabbit Hole

18. Heartbeats

A STAR IS BORN

A_Star_is_Born.png

Am I cutting this movie solely because I'm f*cking tired of hearing Shallow? Absolutely. Plus I figure @totes4totes will probably cut this anyway since Bradley Cooper is in it, so it's not like it'd survive this round regardless. :haha: Starring Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga, A Star is Born is the fourth such film of this name and story, following the 1937, 1954, and 1976 adaptations. They all centre on an unknown singer who gets discovered by an established singer. In this case, Lady Gaga plays the unknown singer and Bradley Cooper plays the established singer. Initially serving as her mentor, the characters eventually marry, though he suffers from an alcohol problem. The relationship is strained, and I'm sure we can all predict where the film ends. Made on a budget of $36 million, it eventually grossed $436 million at the box office and was well received critically. It also had a successful soundtrack which resulted in Shallow being played every five f*cking minutes on the radio. 😐

SAVE: Spider-Man: Homecoming