Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

Just now, #jeah said:

As someone who is finally reading through the books and watching the movies, having just finished book/movie 3 I hate seeing this.

The issue is that the movies stay the same length/a little shorter but the books practically double in length (ie: Order of the Phoenix is the longest book but is the shortest film by a substantial margin). Since they were making the films as the books were going on, they didn’t really know which plot lines to follow through.

• Like 1

Just now, Deeee said:

For sure. I think Order-DH Part 2 are glaringly bad.

I thought GoF was the worst film, but that might be because I couldn’t see what was actually happening as everyone’s hair was filling up the screen. From what I remember, OotP was surprisingly decent considering how much they cut out.

Actually, I take back my comment on GoF because the HBP adaption is legitimately awful. :dead:

Just now, Deeee said:

I was just about to say that any sane person should recognize that HBP is trash and the clear worst of the series.

As an adaption, it was fine whereas I hated the way they adapted GoF. But as a film overall, yeah.

Just now, Steven_ said:

Sorcerer’s Stone and Chamber of Secrets are my favorite of the HP movies. I would like Prisoner of Azkaban better if they included the Quidditch Cup subplot and the Marauders backstory. 

Stylistically, PoA is my favourite of the films (and why I wanted Alfonso to stick around), but overall, CoS is my favourite of the films. I know the running time probably scared the distributors but I thought they adapted the book perfectly.

g1Mb.gif

Who knew Nico would be my new best friend in this game by nominating the Avengers movie so I don't have to nominate it? Honestly, this write-up is just going to be like every other writeups of Marvel movies - I do not understand its appeal and I have a lot of issues with superhero movies just like some people have issues with Horror, Drama, Comedy, Musical, etc... In other words, I have no interest in the movie. But onto the movie now; Avergers: Infinity war was released in 2018, and its the sequel to the first Avengers and Age of Ultron - it's also the 19th film of the series which is 19 too many for me. The cast is fillied with big name such as Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Benedict Cumberbatch, Don Cheadle, Tom Holland, Chadwick Boseman - may he rest in power, Paul Bettany, Elizabeth Olsen, Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan, Danai Gurira, Letitia Wright, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Josh Brolin, and Chris Pratt. Anyway, I have no clues what the movie is about & I don't feel like reading the plot - all I know is that it was a box-office hit with it being the highest grossing film of 2018 while be at the top of the list for the highest grossing film of all-time. In other words, the fans love the movie and they're fortunate to have a loyal fanbase.

SAVING: ARGO

I wrote very long essays about my thoughts on the HP books and movies haha. Maybe I should start a thread somewhere and post them. 

On one level, the only good movie is HP3. On another level, I thought the movies in general weren't THAT bad and a lot of the problems stemmed from issues in the source material.

8 minutes ago, Elliott said:

DH1 is the worst of the two by default because it started the “Let’s split the final book into two movies for every YA adaption we do” trend.

Just @ Mockingjay next time. :haha: There was literally zero reason to make that two movies besides dollar signs