Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

Logan Lucky 

Logan_Lucky.png

Not that I have watched the trailer, I now remember this movie. I had no interest in watching it then and I have no interest in watching it now. This movie revolves around brothers (think their last name is Logan) portrayed by Channing Tatum and Adam Driver. That would be some blessed genetics. 🤤 Ahem. Anyway. Channing Tatum's character gets fired. Probably for being awful. Adam Driver's character seems to be a bar tender. For whatever reason, they decide become thieves. How exciting for them. For this convoluted scheme, it involve Daniel Craig's character. He is currently in prison and the two idiots think they can get him out. 

I have made it pretty clear that comedy is not my genre. Bless everyone who enjoys it, but that is not me. Scenes that I am supposed to laugh at usually just make me uncomfortable and I feel bad.

Saving Dope

Edited by aliasocfan
  • Like 1

Professor Marston and the Wonder Women

Professor_Marston_and_the_Wonder_Women.p

Okay, quick write up time (not like any of my write ups are novels tbh...) This movie was released in 2017 and it's described as a "biographical" drama (family members of Prof. Marston have since said that this is far from the truth so well, choices in description matter people) centered around psychologist William Moulton Marston, who would go on to create and write Wonder Woman for DC Comics. Directed and written by Angela Robinson, tells the story of Marston, his wife and his research assistant Olive, from their research days, to their polyamorous relationship and offspring, to the creation of the Wonder Woman character. The movie looks pretty interesting but it's not something i have the time to watch currently unfortunately. Sorry to its fans (esp Megan since I remember her either saving it or commeting about it).

Save: Pariah

NOMINATIONS
Beginners (2010)

50/50 (2011)
Attack the Block (2011)
Martha Marcy May Marlene (2011)
Frances Ha (2012)
Killing Them Softly (2012)
War Witch (2012)
Gloria (2013)
The World’s End (2013)

You’re Next (2013)
Clouds of Sils Maria (2014)

Love & Mercy (2014)
While We’re Young (2014)
The Fits (2015)
Louder than Bombs (2015)
Tangerine (2015)
Beach Rats (2017)
Blockers (2018)

WAR WITCH (2012)

tumblr_o96tsqW5Uy1qa3emao1_500.gifv

Hopefully I'm not stepping on any toes by cutting this movie :ph34rwave: War Witch is a 2012 Canadian war film written and directed by Kim Nguyen. Set in Sub-Saharan Africa during a brutal Civil War, this movie focuses on a child soldier forced into fighting. This sounds like a really heavy subject and it received great reviews, even garnering an Academy Award nomination for Best International Feature Film. The film garnered critical acclaim, with focus on its intense subject matter portrayed in a very sympathetic light through the lens of a character that which we could empathize with. This actually sounds like a movie that I would enjoy but would have to be in the right state of mind to watch. Anyways, I feel kind of bad cutting this but we have already trimmed a lot of the fat in this game so many of the remaining cuts will be great movies.

Saving: Frances Ha

While We're Young

While_We're_Young_(film)_POSTER.jpg

source.gif

Out of these nominations I've only watched three movies so hopefully all of them get saved. The rest all seemed to be great movies, in fact, I'm kinda regretting cutting this one cause I really like Adam Drivers, but something has to be cut. While We're Young is a 2014 comedy drama film directed by Noah Baumbach. The movie revolves around a documentary filmmaker and his wife as they befriend a free-spirited younger couple in their 20's. The cast of the movie includes: Ben Stiller, Naomi Watts, Adam Driver ❤️, Amanda Seyfreid, Charles Grodin and Adam Horovitz. The movie was able to double earn its budget by making $20.1M in the box office. Reviews were great from the critics and it currently holds a 84 Tomatoscore and a 77 Metascore. The movie seems to be good so I might check it sometimes in the future.

Saving Beach Rats

tumblr_pffql1zTi81ua1nbgo1_500.gifv