Anyone concerned the show could be suspended or canceled due to Virus?

Spurrious

55 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

This is how they’ll transport the coaches

to LA for the live shows, to keep them safe. They’ll also have some sort of bubble around their chairs to protect them from floating droplets of saliva. 

😂 And what about the contestants? 

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Elliott said:

They've started testing some early vaccine trials already, but it'll still take close to a year to go through all of the processes to have one mass produced for everyone.

Then I’ll  people do what there supposed to—actually practice social distancing/isolate themselves in their home/outside not around people for a few weeks, so the impact can die down, and during the time when life is able to go back to normal, the vaccine trials keep running and are complete before the next time we need it. 

9 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

Then I’ll  people do what there supposed to—actually practice social distancing/isolate themselves in their home/outside not around people for a few weeks, so the impact can die down, and during the time when life is able to go back to normal, the vaccine trials keep running and are complete before the next time we need it. 

I agree with what you are asking of people...but even if that is done(which it most likely won't be without martial law), we are looking at much longer than a couple months til things get back to somewhat normal.  Lives aren't happening this season and I also personally believe the blinds for next season are prolly no-go too.

2 hours ago, Catsy said:

From what I read in the CA paper they're saying the virus outbreak probably won't peak until July or August.

It will peak much earlier than that. Probably in the next few weeks. There’s a 1-14 day incubation period, and people are staying in their homes, for the most part. Sure, some will still be spread, but at a much slower rate than it had been over the last few weeks. The reason we’re seeing a surge in newly confirmed cases right now is because of the huge surge in testing over the past couple days. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

I think it would be cool to have them perform like the semifinalists when Idol first started. A bare stage with just a piano and no audience. Its a more homey feel and plus on the evil side it will cause more epic trainwrecks.

On 3/18/2020 at 8:55 PM, xfactor22 said:

Maybe. I’m going to pray that a vaccine is developed ASAP, and sooner than everyone expects, so most importantly , everyone still ill, especially the ones most at risk at dying from it, can heal, and secondly everything go back to normal.

A vaccine won’t help if you are already ill. Vaccines  stimulate your immune system into producing disease-specific antibodies so you don’t get sick in the first place. And vaccines take a long time to develop. Estimates for a covid-19 vaccine put it at 12 months  minimum. 

‘They should do the shows without the audience. It would be more socially responsible. A reality tv show isn’t an essential service. #Flatten the curve

3 hours ago, HelenaHandbasket said:

‘They should do the shows without the audience. It would be more socially responsible. A reality tv show isn’t an essential service. #Flatten the curve

Unless the situation drastically improve and I don't see how. There won't be a show even without audience. The whole state of California is under a stay at home rules. And there is the situation of flying everyone to California. Airplane are empty and airline are cancelling more and more route parking their plane since they are loosing money flying half empty plane. With all the social distancing and stay at home advise no way they can do a show

15 hours ago, Dany said:

Unless the situation drastically improve and I don't see how. There won't be a show even without audience. The whole state of California is under a stay at home rules. And there is the situation of flying everyone to California. Airplane are empty and airline are cancelling more and more route parking their plane since they are loosing money flying half empty plane. With all the social distancing and stay at home advise no way they can do a show

There are exemptions. It’s not exactly clear whether it applies to TV show production. They’d probably need to get clarification from the state government. 

“Not limited to” creates a lot of grey area. 

“Workers who support radio, television, and media service, including, but not limited to front line news reporters, studio, and technicians for newsgathering and reporting.”

https://covid19.ca.gov/img/EssentialCriticalInfrastructureWorkers.pdf

John says....as far as he knows.... they haven't made a decision yet on the fate of the Live Shows.

https://apnews.com/7f45968b0a7988e2cb2492ad26f5ec0b

NEW YORK (AP) — One program the coronavirus hasn’t forced a screeching halt to is NBC’s “The Voice.”

John Legend, one of the four coaches on the Emmy-winning music series, says he and the others have pre-taped the show until the end of April.

“There were only three weeks of live shows planned and those were for May. So who knows what we’ll do? I don’t know if we’ll be able to do them without an audience. I haven’t spoken to the producers about what the plans are,” he told The Associated Press in an interview this week.

“And I think everybody’s playing things by ear because we don’t know where the world’s going to be in May. But if we can do those shows in May, that’d be great. Possibly without an audience, that would be understandable,” he added. “But, you know, if we can pull it off, then that would be great. We’ll see if that’s doable.”

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Spurrious said:

John says....as far as he knows.... they haven't made a decision yet on the fate of the Live Shows.

https://apnews.com/7f45968b0a7988e2cb2492ad26f5ec0b

NEW YORK (AP) — One program the coronavirus hasn’t forced a screeching halt to is NBC’s “The Voice.”

John Legend, one of the four coaches on the Emmy-winning music series, says he and the others have pre-taped the show until the end of April.

“There were only three weeks of live shows planned and those were for May. So who knows what we’ll do? I don’t know if we’ll be able to do them without an audience. I haven’t spoken to the producers about what the plans are,” he told The Associated Press in an interview this week.

“And I think everybody’s playing things by ear because we don’t know where the world’s going to be in May. But if we can do those shows in May, that’d be great. Possibly without an audience, that would be understandable,” he added. “But, you know, if we can pull it off, then that would be great. We’ll see if that’s doable.”

I hope they can work something out

• Like 1

First

https://deadline.com/2020/03/american-idol-ninja-warrior-sytycd-masterchef-unscripted-series-limbo-covid-19-crisis-1202893107/

[NBC]It is also confident that the The Voice’s live shows, once its pre-taped episodes run out at the end of April, will go ahead in some form.

I'm not sure how reliable deadline is or where he get his info, is it an actual NBC source or just make up news in his head? 🤔

2nd a bit off topic but AMC Music Award has been cancel/posponed to september. Instead CBS going to air a 2 hour special ACM Presents: Our Country

https://www.cbs.com/shows/academy_of_country_music/news/1009737/-who-is-performing-in-acm-presents-our-country-/

So it's 2 hours of Major Country artist singing from home

The special airs on Sunday, Apr. 5 at 8/7c on CBS and CBS All Access and fans can expect to see performances from:

- Kelsea Ballerini
- Dierks Bentley
- Kane Brown and John Legend
- Luke Bryan
- Brandi Carlile
- Eric Church
- Luke Combs
- Sheryl Crow
- Florida Georgia Line
- Lady Antebellum
- Miranda Lambert
- Little Big Town
- Tim McGraw
- Old Dominion
- Brad Paisley and Darius Rucker
- Thomas Rhett
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani
- Shania Twain
- Carrie Underwood
- Keith Urban

To make an emotional night even more touching, Luke Bryan, Brad Paisley, and Darius Rucker will honor the late, great 10-time ACM Award® winner Kenny Rogers.

As previously announced, artists will appear from their homes via video chat to share heartfelt thoughts and perform acoustic versions of country hits.

Additionally, video clips from previous ACM Award broadcasts will allow viewers to reminisce with them about their favorite ACM moments.

Don't miss ACM® Presents: Our Country on Sunday, Apr. 5 at 8/7c on CBS and CBS All Access.

It will show if a major network can brodcast a 2 hours singing show with every artist at home. If it's half decent it can be an option for The Voice contestant. Altho they are professional musician vs reality TV contestant for the voice.

EDIT: The voice if they go with a sing at home format, how will they do celebrity duet? Hologram Celebrity duet :lmao:

• Thanks 1

On 3/22/2020 at 11:08 PM, HelenaHandbasket said:

A vaccine won’t help if you are already ill. Vaccines  stimulate your immune system into producing disease-specific antibodies so you don’t get sick in the first place. And vaccines take a long time to develop. Estimates for a covid-19 vaccine put it at 12 months  minimum. 

I see. Well, it’ll help others not get infected, when it develops. But hopefully there’s also a way for those already ill to heal also. 
anyways if the estimates for a covid-19 vaccine is a 12 months minimum I assume that could mean all non-essential services and people will remain home for at least a year. It’s sad, but if it’s safer, than it is what it is. 

also, I’m not sure if it’s even a good idea for the contestants  to perform without an audience considering the close contact they’ll be within the band and coaches. I think they should just Instagram video it from each of their own houses or something if at all.

the potential trainwreck of the contestants all singing from home makes me want to see that happen lol.  The View is still going live every day with Joy & Whoopi streaming from home.  They could do that here too with the coaches each in their own little boxes lol. The result show/finale would have to be from home as well.  Imagine if Carson had technical difficulties and lost connection right when he was about to announce the winner in the last 30 seconds of the finale?  it would be iconic. 🤣

• Haha 1

On 3/19/2020 at 8:31 PM, xfactor22 said:

Maybe they could livestream performances from their houses/wherever there quarantined if this Is still happening by then. 

That’s what I think they should do, and I think they will def still be quarantined then. This mess isn’t going anywhere fast 😢

By the time they need to make a decision, and possibly have the contestants travel, new daily cases should be on the decline, since most people are cooped up in their homes right now. On the other hand, the hospitalizations and deaths will be likely be spiking shortly before that. The average time between onset of symptoms and death is reportedly about 14 days. If you think the media coverage is negative now, just wait. It’s going to get ugly.  None of us have a crystal ball, but I’m leaning towards delaying the lives for a few weeks. I don’t think they’ll cancel it entirely. 

Edited by TeamAudra

21 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

By the time they need to make a decision, and possibly have the contestants travel, new daily cases should be on the decline, since most people are cooped up in their homes right now. On the other hand, the hospitalizations and deaths will be likely be spiking shortly before that. The average time between onset of symptoms and death is reportedly about 14 days. If you think the media coverage is negative now, just wait. It’s going to get ugly.  None of us have a crystal ball, but I’m leaning towards delaying the lives for a few weeks. I don’t think they’ll cancel it entirely. 

I imagine it'll just be delayed.

AGT is what replaces The Voice's timeslot during the summer, but AGT suspended production and they're barely in the audition phase. AGT is definitely in bigger danger of being cancelled entirely if they can't pick up production before May - which I'm really confident they won't.

I'm watching an online festival with only the artist on stage. In an actual theater and it's fantastic :wub:. I doubt they can do something like this for top 17 but maybe for top 4 Finale. (Ok I have less and less hope it's going to happen but we can always dream) If I think about it if they find local venue they don't need fo fly people to LA. TV setup will be hard but they have local NBC everywhere they can figured out something. So maybe pre-recorded with short few hours time delay to setup everything.

EDIT: Here the video of Aurora in the festival *start at 5:17

EDIT2: Also if you want to watch the other artist http://www.verftet.no/program/

Also put every bandzilla musician behind individual drum shield :devilwave:

(* Generic Image from Google search for drum shield)

drum-shields-hero-650x340.jpg

• Like 1

Abbott Launches 5-Minute Virus Test

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-27/abbott-launches-5-minute-covid-19-test-for-use-almost-anywhere 

So Lock down a hotel with a restaurant.  Test everyone...from the maids to the celebrities.   It would take a few days to get everyone tested.  With no audience... how many would they need to pull off a show and keep everyone fed and safe?  60 to 100 peeps maybe?  With the quick test some could even come and go....like the Carson and the coaches.  Seems doable.

• Like 1

Trump extended the social distancing guidelines until April 30th, which means zero chance they do the live shows in the usual fashion. They have new models that indicate the peak in deaths will be in about 2 weeks, which is about what I was thinking last night. Of course, individual states and cities can do what they want, to some extent, but I doubt California and LA will be in a position to deviate from those guidelines. 

I don’t know NBC’s schedule, and I’m not gong to spend any time looking into it, but I would delay the live shows until at least June. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Fox doing their iHeartradio show with evert artist in their living room right now 8PM EST, They have track and singer and pro camera/sound because it sound and look good. They could do a Voice Finale like this. :thumbs: autotune lipsing? :stealth: EDIT:Oviously it differe from one artist to an other since they don't have the same setup. Some look much more post process than others :giggle:

Some very interesting developement in terme of stage shows

https://uncancelledmusicfestival.com/about Right now the website is almost empty no info, It say it start april 2nd so I guess we will have info very soon.

This is a huge multiple day streaming music festival with multiple venue nationwide (no info but I assume nationwide with the amount of artist and the current isolation situation).

What great about it is in actual venue and not artist living room. I hope it's good and NBC see it so it's logistically possible to organise a show in actual venue rignt now while preserving isolation. I believe it's a better option for the Finale than in each artist living room if they can pull this off.

EDIT:

Nevermind Cancelled all I've said. It's all the artist home all. The venue does is collect a booking percentage.

EDIT 2: OK I after re-thinking about it, venue also need help if we can contribute. 

https://uncancelledmusicfestival.com/apply

To clarify, no music will be hosted inside the physical venues. Venues just book the talent for their "Stage." Artists will livestream their performances from home to the venue's "Stage."

I highly doubt that the show will continue to the lives, given that production involves a lot of people. Even if things get better, a live audience is out of the question.

If lives do not get cancelled, I would be very worried about the health and safety of the contestants/crew. I also wouldn't be surprised to hear contestants drop out too.

Edited by OSMC