Anyone concerned the show could be suspended or canceled due to Virus?

Spurrious

Live shows is still several weeks away. I'm hopeful that the "fog of war" will be over by then and the situation and reactions would improve considerably. When you see Charmin back on the shelves and stays in stock in a few weeks, you know the madness has passed. 

8 hours ago, Spurrious said:

Anyone concerned the shows production could be suspended or canceled because of the Wuhun Virus? I know we have a while before they will be back in the studios but.....

I could see them foregoing the audience if the Corona virus is still going strong by then.

8 hours ago, season1 said:

Live shows is still several weeks away. I'm hopeful that the "fog of war" will be over by then and the situation and reactions would improve considerably. When you see Charmin back on the shelves and stays in stock in a few weeks, you know the madness has passed. 

The CAE (Charmin Availability Equivalence) factor has been debunked.  Most experts are now saying the PDT (Purell Distribution Theorem ) is a better indicator. 🤪

In any case, I won't REALLY miss the anti-rhythmic swaybots if it comes to that.  

3 hours ago, Spurrious said:

The CAE (Charmin Availability Equivalence) factor has been debunked.  Most experts are now saying the PDT (Purell Distribution Theorem ) is a better indicator. 🤪

In any case, I won't REALLY miss the anti-rhythmic swaybots if it comes to that.  

LOL. 😂 

Good point about the swaybots, they won't be missed.

I don't remember exactly when the Top 17 is scheduled but if it's in mid-May, I think it will be okay. It seems many of the precautionary re-scheduling/suspension/cancellation/restrictions are anywhere from 2 weeks (schools here are closed for 2 weeks) to a month.

• istersay changed the title to Anyone concerned the show could be suspended or canceled due to Virus?

Maybe. I’m going to pray that a vaccine is developed ASAP, and sooner than everyone expects, so most importantly , everyone still ill, especially the ones most at risk at dying from it, can heal, and secondly everything go back to normal. And I’ll also pray that the U.S., and the rest of the world learns from this, and comes up with a better way for handling crises like this, and other crises, that still keeps everyone (especially the most at risk) safe, without halting the world. 

• Like 1

The Voice UK just postponed it's Semi-Final and Finale, They will air clip show instead. They plan to finish it later this year.

https://www.itv.com/thevoice/statement-regarding-the-voice-uk-semi-final-and-final-2020

So what do you think is better for TV US, haft ass live show or just postponed. Everybody is at home right now and for a few months so maybe posponing would be better than trying to get everyone isolated and sing. For a short moment I had a dream to make it better. Full on music video for everyone and we vote based on that. More entertaning than just sing in an empy studio, but not likely to happen. 

The only thing is if rating is staying that high they may want to do something to save the Finale. I believe posponed show rating will plummet. Would people watch 3 episodes of The Voice in August, for example, in the middle of a season . They have to air a recap show then the 3 live show. 

EDIT: by the way they don't have their Studio 12 anymore, I believe it's will be tear down(Not quite sure  of the specific there was a big fuss in the KO over the last filming ever in Studio 12)  so if they do something with everyone in isolation they can do it in a small studio and not build an huge stage that feel empty for nothing.

EDIT 2: Also everything is shutting down more and more place are closing and telling people to stay home and social distancing. So there is the social pressure to not air anything even without crowd unless it's clear they are alone in their own home.

18 hours ago, xfactor22 said:

Maybe. I’m going to pray that a vaccine is developed ASAP, and sooner than everyone expects

They've started testing some early vaccine trials already, but it'll still take close to a year to go through all of the processes to have one mass produced for everyone.

8 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

What would be interesting is what happens after all the taped shows air. Do they just end it or do they have the contestants perform some where and just have a vote some where or some how it should be interesting.

:unsure:  good question

why don't they repeat a really good season :rofl:

10 hours ago, Cranberrys said:

Live's are absolutely canceled - or postponed.  Not sure how this plays out - no one is.  And Kelly is #hiding in Montana.

well there went the season

6 hours ago, Dany said:

So what do you think is better for TV US, half ass live show or just postponed.

Just a technical point...we already have a half ass live show with the intended format so if they diminish it at all.... it will be more like a quarter ass live show. TBH  I don't think they could hurt the live rounds much more if they tried and the side benefit is they would be forced to remove the sappy way they line them up for eliminations on results night. 

2 hours ago, Spurrious said:

Just a technical point...we already have a half ass live show with the intended format so if they diminish it at all.... it will be more like a quarter ass live show. TBH  I don't think they could hurt the live rounds much more if they tried and the side benefit is they would be forced to remove the sappy way they line them up for eliminations on results night. 

🤔 I just tought of something. If it's postpone, 3 episode in the middle of nowere never going to do it. Do you think they could prolong the Live show and do it properly when it restart after a long Covid-19 hiatus. :D~. I highly highly doubt it but one can always dream

This is how they’ll transport the coaches

to LA for the live shows, to keep them safe. They’ll also have some sort of bubble around their chairs to protect them from floating droplets of saliva. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Haha 2

I said it yesterday that it would probably take a miracle for them to do the live shows when they're scheduled now and still think that, but don't read too much into Kelly's "hiding in Montana" thing. They go there whenever they have a tiny break in their schedule and they have a big break now. It's just like what Blake does with Oklahoma.