The Official Rankdown Off-Topic Thread

6 minutes ago, Deeee said:

5 does not even include all of the major Mario characters. :lmao:

Maybe just 50 choices total, but no limitations on the series representation? And no Pokémon, since we will honor them in their own Rankdown whenever @.Rei feels up to Part II.

5 per series, per ranker.  So Mario games could have 60 reps between the host and 5 rankers for example.

3 minutes ago, Solaris said:

That said, I would be fine with it being 50 per person, no limit on series, if pokemon is limited to Pokemon Trainer, and like pikachu (since he's had his own games) and basically those represented in smash.

Agree with this.

56 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

I’m interested, but my video game knowledge is mostly Nintendo. I’d want to see the list of characters before deciding to play or not.

I’m interested as well, but how many entries are you thinking? There are still a lot of anime shows/films I haven’t seen, so I’d want to see if I know enough to play.

There are thousands and Thousands of video game playable characters out there.  If you needed suggestions for your 50, I would gladly assist.

3 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

For a pop songs rankdown, going through the Now That’s What I Call Music! compilation albums could be helpful.

Looking at some track listings in recent years, I see they’re using the word “music” liberally.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

I've been kind of absent since yesterday. I got news that my job was laying us off so I am not without a job. It was a hard day yesterday and something that is difficult to process at this time. :( I hope to find something soon. 

Aw, I’m sorry to hear that, Victoria! Sending big hugs and good vibes your way :hug:

Now for a story and some advice you certainly didn’t ask me for... About a year ago my husband suddenly lost his job. With me being a few months pregnant and all of the other uncertainties it was a really scary time. It was a rough few weeks, but ultimately he wound up stumbling ass-backwards into a part time bartending job at a place we used to drink at regularly. He completely fell in love with the work and is currently working for a different place as a bar manager. Honestly, I’ve never seen him happier even though the job has absolutely nothing to do with his bio/chem degree and background.

So my unsolicited advice: take a little time and process/grieve the loss of a huge part of your life. But when you do go back to the job hunt, keep an open mind to any opportunities that present themselves. There’s no telling what’s out there that will connect with you. :heartbounce: 

48 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

I've been kind of absent since yesterday. I got news that my job was laying us off so I am not without a job. It was a hard day yesterday and something that is difficult to process at this time. :( I hope to find something soon. 

Sending love to you Vicky :hug: 

48 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Sending love to you Vicky :hug: 

50 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Sorry to hear that Victoria! :hug: I have been there before but am much happier where I am now. :yes: 

4 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

Best wishes, Victoria! I hope things get better. :hug: ❤️ 

4 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

Sending good energy and vibes love ❤️ Life always has highs and lows and you are strong so you'll get back to high soon!

7 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

I was thinking of hosting the Glee Rankdown that was talked about earlier but never done. It would be similar to the musicians and actors ones where there’s a bunch of mini-rankdowns and write-ups aren’t required.

YAAAAS ❤️