Songs suggestions for top 10

thevoiceisthetop

Joana - "Strong" (London Grammar)

Marybeth - "Alone" (Haelos)

Ricky - "Oats in the Water" (Ben Harper); "Do I Wanna Know" (Arctic Monkeys)

Jake - "Carried Away" (George Strait); "Desperado" (Clint Black version)

Kat - "Evergreen" (Broods)

Will - "Chlorine" (Twenty One Pilots)

Rose Short:

I Was Here (Beyonce)

Nothing Breaks Like A Heart (Miley Cyrus ft. Mark Mark Ronson) [Different and proably unpop but I think she would sound amazing in the chorus]

Oblivion (Labrinth ft. Sia)

Katie Kadan: Stay High (Brittany Howard from Alabama Shakes)

• Like 1

I’ll start with team John

Wil Breman- “So Am I” (Come on Will. This is a favorite song of mine and I’d like you to sing it). I’d also like him to sing a Christian song, cause his voice would sound amazing on it. Perhaps “Eye Of The Storm” by Ryan Stevenson, or if he wants to go for the Christian love song , perhaps “Oh My Dear” by Tenth Avenue North, “Thank God I Got Her” by Jonny Diaz or “The Day Before You” by Matthew West.

Marybeth Byrd-Shed likely sound lovey on a Joni Mitchell song, like “River.” She has the voice to sound great on jazz songs like Frank Sinatra’s “Fly Me To The Moon”.

Katie Kadan-Honeslty she can sing anything and get the votes. However I really want her to go back to her upbeat songs cause I enjoy those from her the most. I’m fine with her singing current or older songs as long as her next one is upbeat. Like for current, shed nail anything but Bruno Mars like “Finesse”, or “I Like It”, though i don’t know how that’d go over for the majority of the audience. For older songs, perhaps “Come Together” by the Beatles(even if it’s overdone on these shows), or any upbeat song by Queen. If she however , does want to stick to the ballad route, again Queen.

Will do Blake next, followed by Kelly then Gwen.

Edited by xfactor22

Team Blake

Kat Hammock-I love her. She’s my second fav to Will, however what Blake’s tram performance taught us, that there is potentially for her voice to not sound as lovely as it is on certain songs. She’s fine if she stays away from rock songs that are not close to the Billy Joel and The Beach Boys style of rock. And even then she should be care of which one if she wants to sing a rock song. Anyways she’d do amazing with “A Thousand Years” by Christina Perri, but I don’t know the track record of if people usually get in danger by singing it. Also I know IDF (and even me to some extent), have an aversion to any contestant singing Ed Sheeran songs, but honestly she’d sound amazing on one of his slower songs like “A Team”. Also “Broken Halos” by Chris Stapleton or “Malibu” by Miley Cyrus.

Ricky Duran-Kind of opposite direction from Kat. In fact cause his voice sounds great on Rock songs similar to the Blake performance, he should focus MORE on that type of rock or even harder rock if that’s what direction he wants to go. He might not be as technically perfect as Katie, but he could make “Come Together” his own if Katie doesn’t grab that song first. Perhaps “Seven Nation Army” by White Stripes would be a good choice

Team Kelly

Jake Hoot-I want him to go back to his audition’s roots. He was entertaining and fantastic. I need him to do something upbeat. Perhaps “Mama Tried” or the classic “Folsom Prjson Blues”. Or maybe follow Sundance’s example and try and cross a genre like maybe a country version of “Grenade” by Bruno Mars

Hello Sunday- They shine in upbeat performance like on top 13 night. Maybe Beyoncé’s “Love On Top” would be great for them. Honestly song choice is especially key for them. Also production needs to stay out of the way for changing their melody. I bet they’d have nailed “The Middle” if the melody was left unchanged.

Shane Q-His nervousness and stage fright affect his performances. I mean he had a nice IS performance and actually conveyed some emotion (albeit it was a sad song and I him smile in bits of it), so that proves he’s capable of doing well. Maybe to help with both his nerves and expressing emotion, he should pick a song that actually expresses how nervous he is. Perhaps “Unwell” by Matchbox Twenty, could express how he’s feeling if he’s anxious. Perhaps “Try” by Colbie Callisto would do. Otherwise country is always a safe bet for him.

Maybe even combine both. He could also do well with a Christian song if he wants to. Perhaps “Who Am I” by Casting Crowns would work well with his voice.

Team Gwen

Joana Martinez-She can sounds good on many songs. I think her main wheelhouse is pop. She’s so well with “New Rules” by Dua Lipa, “Feelings” by Haley Kiyoko, or “Head Above Water” by Avril Lavringe . She could also sing a lot of 80s songs well too, so she has a lot of other possibilities in her repertoire

Rose Short-Like Katy, Rose could sing most anything well. I don’t have too many suggestions for her. Sia’s “Cheap Thrills” would be fantastic for her. For a slower song, “Who You Are” by Jessie J.

Hello Sunday - Scars to Your Beautiful (Alessia Cara)

Jake - Riser (Dierks Bentley)

Shane - What Hurts the Most (Rascal Flatts)

Joana - Warrior (Demi Lovato)

Rose - Lovesong (The Cure / Adele version)

Katie - Try (Colbie Callait)

Marybeth - Bring on the Rain (Jo Dee Messina and Tim McGraw)

Will - Let Her Go (Passenger)

Kat - Once and For All (Lauren Daigle)

Ricky - Human (Rag'N'Bone Man)

Shane Q - Dancing my own ( Calum Scott version) / Damn Your Eyes (Aretha Franklin)

Hello Sunday - someone suggested love on top although that's very overdone, I feel they can do something tolerable with that song. I feel they should sing 'Runaway Baby' by Bruno Mars / Because of You (Kelly Clarkson)

Jake hoot - IDc

Rose short - I'm here (Beyonce) / Lady Gaga PLS

Joana Martinez - Frozen (Madonna)

Katie kadan - Let it Be for pandering or greatest showmen

Marybeth Byrd - SHE USED TO BE MINE / SAFE PLACE TO LAND

Will breman - idc

Ricky Duran - IDC

Kat hammock - Only Hope by Mandy Moore

Edited by thekingwhocared

Joana - "Strong" (London Grammar)

Marybeth - "Alone" (Haelos)

Ricky - "Oats in the Water" (Ben Harper); "Do I Wanna Know" (Arctic Monkeys)

Jake - "Carried Away" (George Strait); "Desperado" (Clint Black version)

Kat - "Evergreen" (Broods)

Will - "Chlorine" (Twenty One Pilots)

Are you sure you’re OK with a butchering of a George Strait song on national TV? :haha:

Edited by TeamAudra

Good point. I retract that suggestion. :haha:

:haha:

It’s actually hard to pull off a George Strait song, IMO. Off the top of my head, I can’t think of a successful cover on the show. Many have tried. Maybe it’s because he’s so iconic to hard core country fans. The same is true with Garth Brooks songs. Don’t even try it.

:haha:

It’s actually hard to pull off a George Strait song, IMO. Off the top of my head, I can’t think of a successful cover on the show. Many have tried. Maybe it’s because he’s so iconic to hard core country fans. The same is true with Garth Brooks songs. Don’t even try it.

Totally agree. It's a shame too bc George only has about 50 or 60 really good songs out there. Huge catalog that could be a credit to the show....if the contestants would do their part but that hasn't happened yet as far as I know. I don't think Jake would be the first.

Kat—Wonder by Natalie Merchant

Ricky—Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day

Joana—Same Old Love by Selena Gomez

Hello Sunday—Only in My Dreams by Debbie Gibson

Will—New Shoes by Paolo Nutini (going to keep suggesting this one)

Katie—Alive by Sia

Shane—In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel

Mary Beth—White Flag by Dido

Jake

Rose—Glitter in the Air by Pink

Edited by AngelaKD

Hello Sunday - idontwannabeyouanymore (Billie Eilish)

Jake Hoot - You & Tequila (Kenny Chesney)

Shane Q - True (Spandau Ballet)

Joana Martinez - The Joke (Brandi Carlile)

Rose Short - Like A Prayer (Madonna)

Katie Kadan - How Come U Don't Call Me Anymore (Prince)

Marybeth Byrd - I Walk the Line (Johnny Cash)

Will Breman - Rain (The Script); but a better option would be him mixing a well-known pop hit into something like his audition or Style.

Kat Hammock - You've Got A Friend (Carole King)

Ricky Duran - Iris (Goo Goo Dolls)

Hello Sunday - idontwannabeyouanymore (Billie Eilish)

Jake Hoot - You & Tequila (Kenny Chesney)

Shane Q - True (Spandau Ballet)

Joana Martinez - The Joke (Brandi Carlile)

Rose Short - Like A Prayer (Madonna)

Katie Kadan - How Come U Don't Call Me Anymore (Prince)

Marybeth Byrd - I Walk the Line (Johnny Cash)

Will Breman - Rain (The Script); but a better option would be him mixing a well-known pop hit into something like his audition or Style.

Kat Hammock - You've Got A Friend (Carole King)

Ricky Duran - Iris (Goo Goo Dolls)

I like some of these suggestions and want to comment because some are intriguing but some I’m not so sure of, and few idk about

Hello Sunday-I’m not sure Billie Eilish fits their style. I feel like Billie’s music is more suited for contestants like Will, Joana, and Rose

Joana Martinez-Ehh. I like Joana and think she’s a great singer, but I don’t know if she has the right range to sing Brandi’s songs. Maybe I’m wrong, but it seems like it’d be difficult for her. Also she’s young and songs like Brandi’s are filled with emotion of experience, but maybe she’s had enough hard times in her life to express it in the song already.

Rose Short-I love this suggestion for her. She’d nail it. However I’m not sure the majority of voters would feel the same. I’d definitely give her votes for this if I wasn’t concerned about Will and Kat’s safety, so idk how other voters would voter for this for her.

Katie Kadan-Nice. If she doesn’t want to go back to her upbeat auditions style, this is a nice compromise. A good melody that’s not boring, but still showcases her flawless vocals well. If this was any other contestant (except maybe Rose), I’d say stay away from Prince(yes even—-especially my top 2 favs Will and Kat should stay away from the songbook), but Katie has the vocal ability to nail a Prince song. #Unpopular:I like this Prince song and a few others more than Purple Rain (which is still a great song.) :ph34r:

Will-Don’t know much script songs so can’t say much about that part. But yes to the part about mixing a well known song similar to his audition, but NOT similar to Style (and not just because that performance put him in the B3 of team John).

Kat Hammock-Her voice would sound great on Carole King even if I don’t know that song much. However I feel like Carole’s songbook is always a risky choice. I feel like most voice contestants have head negative public reception when covering Carole King.

Ricky -:no: I love Iris but it’s overdone so much. Besides Iris feels like a song meant for softer voices. And there are plenty of Goo Goo Dolls songs Ricky would sound even better on if he wants to cover one of their hits.m

Not familiar with the other contestants song suggestions much or at all.