Quick news and notes of past Voice contestants.

TeamAudra

5 hours ago, HelenaHandbasket said:

Jordan and Republic have parted ways. Hey at least he got a few albums out of them.

He is now with Provident Label Group which is a division of Sony.

Provident is the label many of the top Christian musical artists belong too so it's a perfect fit for Jordan.

Here is a link to his new mailing list https://forms.sonymusicfans.com/campaign/jordan-smith-email-list-sign-up/

oh yeah one more thing ...

NEW CHRISTMAS SINGLE OUT THIS FRIDAY!!!

Please let there be a new album too!

Are you planning to remake Jordan's fan thread? It would be cool to see videos of his new (and recent releases on one thread). I think every winner should have a fan thread. 🙂

• Like 2

7 hours ago, season1 said:

Are you planning to remake Jordan's fan thread? It would be cool to see videos of his new (and recent releases on one thread). I think every winner should have a fan thread. 🙂

I thought about it but since most of IDF is only lukewarm on the best winner ever I figured my time is better spent elsewhere.

I saved most of the content from the landing page somewhere to my hard drive so if someone else wants to become keeper of page I would gladly pass the torch and give them the content I have.

To be honest I am pretty much done with NBC at this point. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HelenaHandbasket said:

Jordan and Republic have parted ways. Hey at least he got a few albums out of them.

He is now with Provident Label Group which is a division of Sony.

Provident is the label many of the top Christian musical artists belong too so it's a perfect fit for Jordan.

Here is a link to his new mailing list https://forms.sonymusicfans.com/campaign/jordan-smith-email-list-sign-up/

oh yeah one more thing ...

NEW CHRISTMAS SINGLE OUT THIS FRIDAY!!!

Please let there be a new album too!

Being on a Christian music label makes a lot more sense than trying to put out AC music through Republic. 

BTW, what’s the status of the relationship between Jordan and Roma Downey’s production company?

• Like 1

Kat Hammock released "Long & Winding" last week.

https://music.apple.com/us/album/forgive-me-single/1533032591

https://music.apple.com/us/album/octobers-queen-single/1535192789

Britton Buchanan's new single, "October's Queen." Now available.

https://music.apple.com/us/album/forgive-me-single/1533032591

Toniesha Harris's new single, "Forgive Me" is also now available (this was released a month ago...don't know if someone else posted about that new song already).

Edited by Gmm99
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, katybay said:

I was randomly thinking of Reagan Strange and looked her up on google and this is the first picture...... I AM DEAD🤣

POOR GIRL

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 10.09.10 PM.jpg

Have you read her Wikipedia page? The sad thing is it wasn’t even her fault. She did not choose “Cry,” which was the beginning of the tailspin, and she did not give the speech telling America to vote for her, even though she didn’t sing. On the other hand, she’ll be remembered more than most other 5-6th place finishers. Maybe it will actually benefit her some day. At the very least, it’s a hell of a story to tell her grandkids 40 years from now. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, katybay said:

I was randomly thinking of Reagan Strange and looked her up on google and this is the first picture...... I AM DEAD🤣

POOR GIRL

i feel so bad for her! honestly i think that she would have deserved her spot with not horrendous song choices, but i think the issue is everyone blaming her for adam's speech

on another note, i looked up chevel sheperd, and tragically found that the first picture of her is a picture of her with a red bar of text saying "CANCELLED," and I think it's about a show, but it looks like it's saying that chevel is cancelled lolol 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, katybay said:

POOR GIRL

I'm still salty about her getting robbed of the finale she and Makenzie deserved to be in the finale over kirk and  Kennedy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zainab Tufail said:

I'm still salty about her getting robbed of the finale she and Makenzie deserved to be in the finale over kirk and  Kennedy.

I think "Reagan should make it over Kennedy" belongs in the unpopular opinions thread lol.

I respect your opinion, but Kennedy in my eyes was ten times the vocalist and performer Reagan was.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Nutterbutter said:

Love the tonality in this up lifted classic. It wouldn't surprise me if Republic was instrumental in Jordans move to Provident/Sony. New album on the way👍

I bought the single even though I don’t want to play holiday music before Thanksgiving. I wonder if Jordan wrote the Glory Be parts of it? 

I also noticed that Jordan’s previously recorded Christmas special was for sale too. Thats good because I had a hard time finding it when it played over the air.

I really hope there is a new Christmas album out too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HelenaHandbasket said:

I bought the single even though I don’t want to play holiday music before Thanksgiving. I wonder if Jordan wrote the Glory Be parts of it? 

I also noticed that Jordan’s previously recorded Christmas special was for sale too. Thats good because I had a hard time finding it when it played over the air.

I really hope there is a new Christmas album out too.

This might answer your question, or not😂 I've found nothing about who produced/arranged the song. Mjsbigblog had a good write up. This is a little better http://www.jubileecast.com/articles/25011/20201017/nbcs-the-voice-winner-jordan-smith-revives-angels-we-have-heard-glory-be.htm

On 10/17/2020 at 4:02 PM, FloorWax said:

I think "Reagan should make it over Kennedy" belongs in the unpopular opinions thread lol.

I respect your opinion, but Kennedy in my eyes was ten times the vocalist and performer Reagan was.

You're right that belongs to unpopular opinions thread. I agree that Kennedy is a better performer than Reagan but LOL Kennedy a great vocalist??? Since when did she become a great vocalist.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

You're right that belongs to unpopular opinions thread. I agree that Kennedy is a better performer than Reagan but LOL Kennedy a great vocalist??? Since when did she become a great vocalist.

"The Greatest Love Of All" Pretty much a flawless vocal performance.

Some may argue it sounded too plain or pageanty, but you can't deny she nailed that performance on a technical aspect. Also, her audition. Say what you want about tone, but Kennedy's audition is vocally miles better than Reagan's imo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

"The Greatest Love Of All" Pretty much a flawless vocal performance.

Some may argue it sounded too plain or pageanty, but you can't deny she nailed that performance on a technical aspect. Also, her audition. Say what you want about tone, but Kennedy's audition is vocally miles better than Reagan's imo.

It is better but not miles better but I didn't know that by singing some  loud notes as high as like C5 or D5 and singing as low as D3 or E3 and having a vocal range of barely 2 octaves and having pitch problems and not having control over your voice and loosing support after the 4th octave makes you a great vocalist.

Her performance of Greatest Love Of All was great cz in that particular performance she didn't hit any bad note but lol she didn't hit great and over the top supported high notes and low notes to be called a great vocalist.

I just don't wanna argue anymore cz this is not the right place to argue after all it is a thread for past notes and news of winners. You can may have different opinion but I have my own.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zainab Tufail said:

I think this one belongs to "The Voice Unpopular Opinions" Thread too. I mean, considering she was 13 years old in the show and she managed to kill an Adele's song, a Demi Lovato's song and a freaking WHITNEY HOUSTON's song (Maybe you don't agree with this one but that performance made it to the Top 10 on iTunes). I think it's pretty safe to say that she is already great and will only get better with time.

Oh, and she kept up really well with Jennifer in the duet. Jennifer FREAKING Hudson. If you can duet with one of the best vocalists of our time and still sound good, i think it's safe to say you are a great vocalist.

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 5