"The Voice" Gossip 2.0

Bouli

Meh, the producers/show deserves it. If I knew I would never get recognition for my original music while someone like Blake does, I would go off and spill the tea :whistling:

I would never say they don't deserve it. I've been a "fan" of this show since Season 2, and I've seen a lot of shady stuff in that time from the producers. Jake was bussed harder than anyone since Kyla from Season 14. It just doesn't really look good for him to go off like this.

Here's a compilation of posts that he retweeted, with one that he posted himself:

https://imgur.com/a/cPX5BGX

And for the record, I think he has a lot of good points, and I think it's totally understandable that he wants to defend himself. But wouldn't he have something in his contract that would keep him from talking so negatively and transparently about the way the show does things?

no offense, but jake's almost last in all of social media (out of the top 20) - no song was gonna help him lol

He was the lowest viewed on YouTube for Gwen's top five in all four rounds, including the Playoffs. Even Myracle had more views despite her Knockout montage.

Loved Jake. Sorry he's gone. But not surprised that the audience, as a whole, never took to him as much as we did.

Meh, the producers/show deserves it. If I knew I would never get recognition for my original music while someone like Blake does, I would go off and spill the tea :whistling:

Can't say I disagree. Sure, it's probably better career-wise to just stfu and take it, but the BTS crap and crappy song buses he had to go through left him bitter? Doh.

The producers use the contestants like they're service animals. It's disgusting. Sure it's great when you're TCO, but if not, they'll walk all over you until they get rid of you after they've used you. :x

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR THIS NEW INFO ON JAKE.

I know you have already looked at his Twitter page, but I'm shocked at how awful it is. And I liked the guy - A LOT. I loved him. I always love rockers on this show, and before having those tragic song choices foisted on him, he was one of the best-singing rockers this show has ever had. I'll stand by my opinion that his knockout was one of the best of the season.

But now this guy is shooting himself in the foot, and it is NOT a good look. His tweets and retweets make him look so salty. He retweeted someone who called the show "rigged." He retweeted someone who criticized Gwen. He's retweeting people complaining about the time zone differences and lack of app notifications in the Instant Save. (I'll get screenshots soon.)

Seriously, maybe he couldn't hear how out of tune and out of place his performances sounded to the viewers back home, and that's coming from a fan. I wish I could defend him, but even when you get a whack song choice like "Turning Tables," it helps to at least sing it in tune, and he didn't do that either. I know he didn't choose his songs, and I know a lot of people on this show just don't get the luck of the draw. You CANNOT win if the producers don't like you, and his song choices proved that they hated him. But this just looks really, really bad.

That's such a bad look, I just... thank you, Jake. I needed this drama. :haha:

Even though what he’s saying is probably accurate, he’s shooting himself in the foot. This is coming of as sour grapes.

And he still performed poorly. If he would have made the top 13, I wouldn’t have thought it was undeserved, since almost everyone else sucked too, but it’s not exactly a surprise that he got voted off.

Besides, who tf cares? Does he really think a few more weeks on the show would have launched a successful career? He’s probably better off now, since people will forget he was on the show after a few months. It will be easier for him to get rid of the reality show stench.

The problem isn't how they perform, well or not, but how the producers use the contestants like pawns. I'm sure they know when they audition that it won't all be fair and square, but the bts shenanigans seem to go too far sometimes. Jake isn't the first one to mention it.

The problem isn't how they perform, well or not, but how the producers use the contestants like pawns. I'm sure they know when they audition that it won't all be fair and square, but the bts shenanigans seem to go too far sometimes. Jake isn't the first one to mention it.

It does, but that’s the risk they take when they sign their lives away to these snakes. Most of these people have watched the show (or a different singing show) at some point. If they don’t know about reality show manipulation, it’s their own fault.

Something that really stood out to me this season, is that autotune was used more selectively, especially in the KO. Let’s make the loser sound like sh-t and autotune tf out of the winner, so people aren’t upset when their snowflake gets eliminated! I’m sure it’s happened before, but it seemed more blatant this time.

Edited by TeamAudra

Something that really stood out to me this season, is that autotune was used more selectively, especially in the KO. Let’s make the loser sound like sh-t and autotune tf out of the winner, so people aren’t upset when their snowflake gets eliminated! I’m sure it’s happened before, but it seemed more blatant this time.

I especially seemed to hear that with Melinda and Royce. Both sounded so off-key, it was obvious why both Jakes both them. I'm sure there were other Knockouts, too, but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

OH MY GOD, THANK YOU FOR SAYING THIS. I thought I was crazy. I thought I was the only one who noticed.

The AutoTune has always been sinister on this show, especially when you have someone who sounded INCREDIBLE in the past two rounds and then suddenly out-of-nowhere sounded awful in the Knockouts... but it has never been worse than it was this season.

A previous commenter mentioned both Melinda Rodriguez (vs. Hoot) and Royce Lovett (vs. Haldenvang), but it was also noticeably awful with James Violet (vs. Khalea), Destiny Rayne (vs. Rose), Preston Howell (vs. Marybeth), and Zach Bridges (vs. Braddy). Like, it couldn't have been more obvious that the producers preferred the singers in parentheses to make it to Lives, and did what they could to make their competitors look measurably worse in comparison, when all of them sounded decent in previous rounds.

It is absolutely in their contracts. You were right in your previous comment; they sign their ENTIRE depictions to this process, so the show can do with them as they please. Mold them into a snowflake, or melt them and make them look bad. It is pretty well known that every single season has a "story" that the producers meticulously shape by manipulating contestants and their depictions.

So I guess my point is that I understand Jake's anger. He probably thought that his experience on this show would be way different than what he got, and maybe he didn't think the producer manipulation would be that bad. Maybe he feels really jaded now. But the way he's going off about it now makes him look worse.

It's hard for me, some girl sitting at home, to tell someone in his position that he should lay off of it on social media because it looks like sour grapes. The whole thing is unfair, but retweeting people calling the show "rigged" just doesn't seem like the right approach. But I guess I don't understand. :(

I get the auto tune complaint but sometimes I just wonder if auto tune is just a fail safe complaint for when snowflakes do poorly in prelives

I mean, I can see why you'd think that. I think a lot of people do that. :haha:

That really isn't the case here, though. I listed Melinda Rodriguez, Royce Lovett, James Violet, Destiny Rayne, Preston Howell, and Zach Bridges as people who were victimized by the sudden lack of AutoTune. None of those people were my snowflakes, and I actually preferred every single competitor who they went up against (yes, I even preferred Hoot over Melinda). Khalea was my snowflake, but James Violet was very obviously harmed by having AutoTune removed from him when he performed in his KO when pitch was never an issue for him before. I actively disliked Preston Howell and Zach Bridges, but I admit that they suffered too (especially Zach) from the lack of AutoTune that cushioned them in previous rounds.

It has been known for a while that the producers use AutoTune to support the singers who they like, at the detriment of those who they don't.

Yeah. Really, they can do a lot more than just not autotuning an artist. There's plenty more they can do to really make someone sound bad, even for performances that would normally not be considered bad (not that they have to for a lot of these performances :ph34r: ).

One knockout that confused me in this sense was Cali vs Marina. Both sounded really good in their knockout. TPTB clearly didn't do anything to take away from the performances. It's entirely possible Marina just gave a really great performance, but truthfully she didn't have to sound as good as she did, to the point where Blake's tweet about the knockout was flooded with "you made the wrong decision" replies. Originally I thought it made a really strong case for Marina to be Blake's comeback. Then there was no comeback, and the conspiracy theorist in me went a little more cynical after I heard Cali's song choice/performance. I thought maybe it was to help set up the bussing of Cali in playoffs, but then Blake saved Cali :fear: I still feel kind of confused about it. Why did some losing artists get completely hung out to dry, and others were lifted up? And I say this as one of the few Marina fans on this site who's more confident than most that Marina did give an exceptional performance.

Edited by Djsoke

Oh my god I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this.

I had at least some idea that this was happening in the past, but now it's become so obvious to anyone with knowledge of how this works. This is exactly why the KO losers sound so bad, whereas the winners and steals sound... not pitchy at all.

Auditions are like this too, the ones who don't turn a chair sound bad.

It does, but that’s the risk they take when they sign their lives away to these snakes. Most of these people have watched the show (or a different singing show) at some point. If they don’t know about reality show manipulation, it’s their own fault.

Like each season. I saw this since I'm watching this show.

Yeah. Really, they can do a lot more than just not autotuning an artist. There's plenty more they can do to really make someone sound bad, even for performances that would normally not be considered bad (not that they have to for a lot of these performances :ph34r: ).

I don't think they would go as far as altering a good performance to become bad. :haha:

-----------

And for the selective autotune conspiracy, I don't think it's that extreme, imo.

Take a look at the spoilers, it did mention that some people got pitch issues and some got overshadowed by their competitors. These people were Royce, James, Kiara, and Destiny, and it turned out to be true that they did sound considerably worse compared to their competitors.

If their actual performances were more even, the spoilers would have said that both of them did good/great/bad, like some of these pairings that got even reviews from the spoilers (Cali/Marina, Max/Katie, Damali/Gracee, Ricky/Joana, it said that they all did evenly good)

We didn't have the spoilers for Lauren, Zach, Melinda and Jessie's KO. Lauren admitted that she messed up, Zach/Melinda/Jessie were not that good to begin with, so it's not far-fetched for them to got overshadowed by Braddy/Hoot/Kyndal.

Edited by Archanium

Not sure if this has been mentioned, apparently Brennan Lassiter was engaged to her boyfriend of 3 years and cheated with Brennen Henson during blinds. Here are some of her ex’s posts about this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByBC9n_BEeo/?ig...d=1i1hvvaecxd6j

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjlOfkdAqKn/?ig...d=12nlycmmvo8ee

yikes yikes yikes yikes yikes yikes yikes. :unsure:

Not sure if this has been mentioned, apparently Brennan Lassiter was engaged to her boyfriend of 3 years and cheated with Brennen Henson during blinds. Here are some of her ex’s posts about this:

Someone left a Facebook comment about it under her performance a while back too.

:dead:

Is that why Kelly eliminated her so soon?

:dead:

Is that why Kelly eliminated her so soon?

They have a history of eliminating contestants (at least one of them) when there is a relationship behind the scenes. It’s too distracting. Almost all of Brennan’s posting was related to the personal relationships she made on the show (many about Brennen) rather than trying to build a fanbase. I was fine with her elimination.

They were obviously meant to be. How many Brennans/Brennens are there in the world?

If that's the way it went down then I feel for the guy, but I've never quite understood people's need to air something like this on SM. What does that accomplish?

How credible is that “ex” for example he could either be

A. A jealous ex that either broke up with her or she him before the show

B. Some creepy stalker who’s trying to tarnish her reputation

C. Some ex who actually was the cheater and then Brennan called it off.