"The Voice" Gossip 2.0

Bouli

How credible is that “ex” for example he could either be

A. A jealous ex that either broke up with her or she him before the show

B. Some creepy stalker who’s trying to tarnish her reputation

C. Some ex who actually was the cheater and then Brennan called it off.

All valid points.

She probably did cheat on him, but chances are he was her first serious BF and she got engaged because it never occurred to her not to.

Small-town girl realizing that there’s a whole big world out there is a stereotype, but that doesn’t make it any less true.

She probably did cheat on him, but chances are he was her first serious BF and she got engaged because it never occurred to her not to.

Small-town girl realizing that there’s a whole big world out there is a stereotype, but that doesn’t make it any less true.

I still think there’s more than two sides to every story

I still think there’s more than two sides to every story

I thought that WAS the other side!

She probably handled things badly, but getting engaged to the first guy who asks you because you can’t imagine any other life choice is not something I would recommend.

Valid, but it seems based on this post (July 10) he was heartbroken, and since everyone returned home from blinds at the end of June, it seems to match up that they'd just broken up after blinds.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzw3fgnhkFY/

They were engaged, so it's definitely not option B.

But that's not strictly true though. :no: Based on the data and "rough" ranking contributed on the more recent post-Top 20 lives social stats thread, he was pretty decent:

Team Gwen

YT - Rose (8th/20), JHV (13th/20), Joana (15th/20), Kyndal (17th/20), Myracle (18th/20)

FB - JHV (7th/20), Joana (14th/20), Kyndal (17th/20), Myracle (18th/20), Rose (19th/20)

IG - JHV (4th/20), Rose (6th/20), Joana (16th/20), Kyndal (18th/20), Myracle (19th/20)

TW - Rose (4th/20), Joana (10th/20), Kyndal (12th/20), Myracle (14th), JHV (15th/20)

As you can see he was 4th/20 and 7th/20 on FB/IG -- that's top 25-30%, so quite good, no? Yes, conversely, bottom 25-30% on YT/TW, but as you can see above, on Team Gwen he was 1st on both FB/IG, 2nd YT, and was 2nd overall on social, beating Joana in 3rd. So Jake actually OVER-PERFORMED on social media. My guess is that his fans were worried about his performance (justifiably so) and rallied to his aid. This probably also explains how he pipped Kyndal on Team Gwen for the WC. Kyndal scored around 95% on YouTube (Likes/Dislikes%, for comparison's sake Kat on Team Blake also scored around 95% -- some small comfort there for Kyndal fans, as she went home ostensibly because she happened to be on a stronger team! :* ), while Jake scored 90-91%.

Pre-lives, Jake was also decent on SM, Top 1/3 FB/TW, Bottom 1/3 IG:

https://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=740850

Anyway, regarding Jake's Twitter comments, I find that overall he appeared happy and grateful for the ENTIRE experience. Not all contestants are so single-minded about winning the show (as we sometimes are) that they get their knickers all twisted in a bunch over perceived conspiratorial bussing and wot not. Some (I think most) are appreciative of the opportunity to even experience being part of and performing on a major studio and live production like The Voice. Meeting and working with star coaches and mentors, working with professional trainers, musicians, make-up artists, wardrobe, etc.,.. getting to see how the sausage is made, hanging out with your fellow contestants and making friends for life, the whole creative process ...

The part about song selection was him answering the question of why he didn't perform more actual rock songs (a question we all had). Important takeaways: He did get to choose 2/4 which is 50%. I reckon that's not bad for someone who hadn't established himself as a front-runner, and came across as somewhat soft-spoken and timid (i.e. non-assertive = I suspect he just didn't fight hard enough for the songs he wanted, or just wanted to play nice on the show; probably doesn't help that his coach also leans toward the non-assertive kind). Now, we know battle songs are assigned, for obvious reasons. So that leaves his Top 20 song choice. It seems he did get to put songs forward, but that they didn't end up among the OPTIONS he was given. This suggests clearance issues, which is a common problem that's not specific to just our fav contestants, and just imagine the number of clearance problems when the field is still large (as the competition progresses and the field whittles, producers would have more time to clear fewer songs AND we're now dealing with contenders, not possible fodder). He still had options though, probably some list of songs that had been previously cleared on the show. Regarding that list, I imagine a little bit of a fight between producers/coaches/contestants as to who gets to sing what (and which songs need to be saved for which contestant for potential future rounds, etc.), and then you finally settle because the clock is ticking and you have to get down to work.

About his WC choice, the whole wildcard thing was kind of last minute, so I can imagine clearing specific songs would be a no go because it takes weeks not days to get songs cleared, (unless coaches have a direct line with the artists in question). So it was probably back to the "options" list, and very little time to practice. The kicker here is some contestants may be lucky enough to have a pre-existing repertoire that meshes with the options available. Jake's taste in music though, per his YouTube, is quite far removed from what I think most of us would expect to find on that list. To compound things, Jake seems to have a penchant for avoiding obvious popular LEGACY rock songs. Note that for his WC performance, they failed to give him a click cue to sync with the band for that performance (bummer)...

"Jake HaldenVang

Hey all you great people, I just wanted to THANK YOU for supporting my journey while on the Voice. Since I'm officially off the show, I wanted to share a sample of what I really do! Most of which, they didnt give as options in songs they assigned to me!

https://twitter.com/HaldenVang/status/1194457768423501826

@HaldenVang

17h17 hours ago

More

Yes that is absolutely correct, my 2 really great performance, I picked the song. The 2 not so great ones the producers picked those songs. It was their choice, what they assigned me. They didnt give me my click down count that tells me when the band would start playing last nite"

Regarding assigned songs, if they ("they" being the producers) wanted him to flip an Adele song, I feel "Rolling in the Deep" would have been a far better choice, and as for Shawn Mendes, why not "In my Blood", which is an actual (pop) rock song? B)

Taking into account "Powerful" was chosen by Jake, WHY? I know he already performed this song previously, but WHY didn't he choose a rock song instead?

I thought that WAS the other side!

She probably handled things badly, but getting engaged to the first guy who asks you because you can’t imagine any other life choice is not something I would recommend.

There’s more than two sides there’s like at least threee or four

Valid, but it seems based on this post (July 10) he was heartbroken, and since everyone returned home from blinds at the end of June, it seems to match up that they'd just broken up after blinds.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzw3fgnhkFY/

They were engaged, so it's definitely not option B.

Maybe the cheating part was the rumour and they just broke up regularly? Brennan seems to sweet to cheat on someone.

There’s more than two sides there’s like at least threee or four

Maybe the cheating part was the rumour and they just broke up regularly? Brennan seems to sweet to cheat on someone.

I'm with you on the multiple sides to each story thing, only things we know for sure:

-They were engaged

-They broke up, and it was likely after Brennan came back from blinds based on the timing of their posts

-The ex went back to edit a few captions on their photos that state that she cheated

-Brennan is now with Brennen

Everything else beyond that is speculation. Could be that Brennan cheated, could be that the ex-fiance's just bitter and making accusations. The timing of everything certainly doesn't look good for Brennan, but again - it's best that nobody comment on anybody's social media profile/make accusations on their accounts. We're already gossiping and I'd hate to add more unnecessary fuel than we already have to that fire lol

They have a history of eliminating contestants (at least one of them) when there is a relationship behind the scenes. It’s too distracting.

When has this happened in the past?

I don't doubt it, but I've never heard of this being a thing.

Yeah, there was a bit of drama in her twitter feed during the season iirc. :whistling:

If anyone has any screenshots or receipts that they're willing to donate... you'd help a girl out. :wub:

Was she any good though? I don't remember her blind audition at all. Where Brennan L had the best audition in my opinion.

I personally didn't like her, but she was VERY popular among lots of the viewers during her season. No one had the chance to vote for her because she was eliminated in her battle to Terrence Cunningham (which I remember was VERY controversial... I was one of maybe 10 people on the planet who preferred Terrence :haha: ).

For a rough comparison to her vocal style, she is an indie-pop singer who is KINDA in the vein of Kat Hammock, Mikaela Astel, etc. But maybe linking her videos would be more helpful.

Here's Livia Faith's audition and battle ("Dream a Little Dream of Me" and "Stars").

[YouTube]RjVpJv6Ih5Y[/YouTube] --- [YouTube]xogFePX04mE[/YouTube]

If anyone has any screenshots or receipts that they're willing to donate... you'd help a girl out. :wub:

It was in the original gossip thread,so there's that, and I think she deleted most of those tweets as well. So it's all gone. Maybe it's still cached somewhere-who knows.

I personally didn't like her, but she was VERY popular among lots of the viewers during her season. No one had the chance to vote for her because she was eliminated in her battle to Terrence Cunningham (which I remember was VERY controversial... I was one of maybe 10 people on the planet who preferred Terrence :haha: ).

For a rough comparison to her vocal style, she is an indie-pop singer who is KINDA in the vein of Kat Hammock, Mikaela Astel, etc. But maybe linking her videos would be more helpful.

Here's Livia Faith's audition and battle ("Dream a Little Dream of Me" and "Stars").

[YouTube]RjVpJv6Ih5Y[/YouTube] --- [YouTube]xogFePX04mE[/YouTube]

Okay I kinda liked that. Shes like a poor man's version of Kat. I would have picked her over Terrance as well.

That’s one of them. Seems like there’s one almost every season. Some of them aren’t widely known about. There was one of those during S8, and someone went bye bye. :ph34r:

I remember being bummed when they left but after I found out, a whole lot of stuff started to make sense lol

That’s one of them. Seems like there’s one almost every season. Some of them aren’t widely known about. There was one of those during S8, and someone went bye bye. :ph34r:

Wait, hold up - who was the departed couple from Season 8?

Ugh, I feel like I've missed out on so much of this show's drama over the years...

• 5 months later...

Oh, I'm SO GLAD to be back with more gossip to revive this thread. 🥰 😂

Micah Iverson posted something very interesting, with several layers to it, to his Instagram account:

"Tayler should have won. I knew that from the moment I found out what I was singing. But Kelly chose me for some reason and I can't help but be grateful. @taylergreen you were incredible. Everyone, thanks for your kind words and support. I definitely have something to prove in the lives. #TeamKelly"

(He posted the same to YouTube with the extra tidbit saying, "Tayler should have won. I think we all know that.")

Micah Iverson Says Tayler Green Should Have Won.png

• Haha 1