The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

On 1/1/2022 at 4:21 PM, Mohammad said:

Good 4 u was actually really good and of my faves this in s21. It was vocally great and I enjoyed it a lot .

I actually did watch that one back recently, and it wasn't as bad as I had thought it was.

• Like 2

On 1/1/2022 at 4:21 PM, Mohammad said:

Good 4 u was actually really good and of my faves this in s21. It was vocally great and I enjoyed it a lot .

I certainly enjoyed it to some degree. Both Joshua and Keilah did what they could with the song and i think they managed to showcase their ranges and the power of their voices.

On 1/1/2022 at 2:21 PM, Mohammad said:

Still a very questionable song choice for the pairing but Joshua ate!

I genuinely liked him on the song from the beginning. It was Keilah I didn't like.

Rocketman>Superstar , Rocketman was more vocally demanding and had a lot more intricate vocals and much more versatility vocally,  their were runs , falsetto, high notes , and it was great technique wise, and I can argue that Holly’s rendition of Rocketman was more “insane” vocally than Holly’s rendition of Superstar.

Edited by Mohammad

On 1/1/2022 at 10:53 PM, TeamAudra said:

They can call it whatever they want, as long as they do away with teams. I highly doubt they will, but I’d love to see more viewers support contestants for them, rather than based on who’s team they’re on. 

I had similar thoughts but mine was more of a hybrid.  Eliminate the teams after the live playoffs. 

18 minutes ago, Mohammad said:

Rocketman>Superstar , Rocketman was more vocally demanding and had a lot more intricate vocals and much more versatility vocally,  their were runs , falsetto, high notes , and it was great technique wise, and I can argue that Holly’s rendition of Rocketman was more “insane” vocally than Holly’s rendition of Superstar.

Agreed. 

I don't think it's unpopular, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mohammad said:

There was more stuff going on, sure, but sometimes less is more and I think Holly's blind is a perfect example of this. Everything felt more sloppy than intricate if you ask me :stealth: (the second half was oversung and her vocal choices were very distracting)

OTOH Superstar was executed perfectly and showcased her tone better. I understand that it wasn't as appealing for some people due to song choice (or maybe because she was paired with GNT) but it's faaaar better than her blind, at least in my opinion.

• Like 1

I loved Rocket Man, and wasn´t really on board with Superstar, personally. I did think some of the growls Holly made in her blind were a bit unnecessary, but overall it was a beautiful performance. Superstar was probably a more consistent vocal throughout, but I was a bit bored.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daillon said:

There was more stuff going on, sure, but sometimes less is more and I think Holly's blind is a perfect example of this. Everything felt more sloppy than intricate if you ask me :stealth: (the second half was oversung and her vocal choices were very distracting)

This. She did so much and not everything was executed well. I didn't like the song choice for Holly's KO, so I didn't love that either, but I thought it was better as well.

In fact, I don't think I ever loved a single performance from Holly, in hindsight :ph34rwave:

Her off-show stuff is so good though! The covers of "Slow Dancing In A Burning Room", "Ocean Eyes", and "All I Ask" are sublime.

Edited by FloorWax

6 hours ago, Spurrious said:

I had similar thoughts but mine was more of a hybrid.  Eliminate the teams after the live playoffs. 

Honestly, I don’t think that’s a bad idea except how would the contestants be shown rehearsing. We know that the vocal coaches do most of the rehearsing, but the show makes it seem like the actual coaches do the vocal work (some of them prob do help significantly though like Ariana). How would that be replaced?

On 1/14/2022 at 10:58 PM, Anybody354 said:

Honestly, I don’t think that’s a bad idea except how would the contestants be shown rehearsing. We know that the vocal coaches do most of the rehearsing, but the show makes it seem like the actual coaches do the vocal work (some of them prob do help significantly though like Ariana). How would that be replaced?

Rotate the coaches by episode with who ever was your original coach going last....if you make it that far.   That could be a plus for contestants...to get advice from more than one coach. 

9 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

Not even a fan of them, but I enjoyed Jim & Sasha Allen's version of "Stay" way more than Maelyn's and Amber's. Come and get me lol.

blink twice if you need assistance 

in all seriousness i forgot their cover so i have to rewatch but from what i remember from my vague memory, i do not think it was a trainwreck, i think

• Haha 7

19 hours ago, Gmm99 said:

Not even a fan of them, but I enjoyed Jim & Sasha Allen's version of "Stay" way more than Maelyn's and Amber's. Come and get me lol.

I like Amber's the most but still J&S did an amazing job. It was my favorite performance of the night. iirc

To be fair, "Stay" was actually good performance. In fact, is the only live performance from Jim & Sasha that i didn't dislike. 

With that said, when it comes down to covers on The Voice of that song, it's not even in my Top 5 favorites . I wouldn't even think of comparing it to Amber's or Maelyn's covers, but oh well.

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

I don't know how unpopular this is, but I thought Red Marlow's instant save and Top 8 performances were better than Noah Mac's performances during Semi-final's week.

I'd say anything rating Red over Noah (especially since the former made the made the finale instead of the latter) is pretty unpopular here lol.

I agree on the Instant Save, I think Red gave a better performance there. Noah was at his weakest here, but then again, he wanted out, so the passion was not there.

But I disagree on the Monday night performances. Red was pretty good and definitely didnt warrant the hate his performance got in its time, but Noah was my favorite of the night. "River" was his peak moment. That was a concert.

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I'd say anything rating Red over Noah (especially since the former made the made the finale instead of the latter) is pretty unpopular here lol.

I agree on the Instant Save, I think Red gave a better performance there. Noah was at his weakest here, but then again, he wanted out, so the passion was not there.

But I disagree on the Monday night performances. Red was pretty good and definitely didnt warrant the hate his performance got in its time, but Noah was my favorite of the night. "River" was his peak moment. That was a concert.

I definitely agree that "River" was Noah's peak moment. He was back to form after the previous week with "Ordinary World." But when it came to comparing his performance with Red's that same night, the latter takes it for me when it comes to replay value. So that was a factor to why I eventually chose him over Noah's "River." It is extremely close though. 

Edited by Gmm99

I have a very unpopular opinion because I’m a Nick Jonas fan and think he’s a good coach. My favorite decision he made as a coach was picking Roderick over Joanna. Roderick was amazing in that battle and went on to kill his knockout round. I thought Joanna was great too. I still go back and watch the battle to this day.