The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

My unpopular opinion for the day is: They should cancel the show and start from scratch with a new show without a team format. Keep Blake and Kelly on as “judges,” and tell everyone else to take a hike. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Wouldn’t have mattered. Bundys were toast by that point, because of the Mikaela. Minivan hated them. You can scream “unfair” all you want. It is what it is. 

No, absolutely.  Fully agree with that.  Just saying that Kelly had full control of their survival beyond that round, and if she wanted that to happen, then she blew it. They very well would have indeed gone out in the Playoffs.  But at least it still would have been one more round.

Really, though, Kelly screwed herself either way that entire season with her absolutely bonkers decisions.  Of the three seasons where she actually, truly deserved to be wiped out (sixteen, seventeen, and eighteen), that was the only one where she actually did.

2 minutes ago, Rodney said:

No, absolutely.  Fully agree with that.  Just saying that Kelly had full control of their survival beyond that round, and if she wanted that to happen, then she blew it. They very well would have indeed gone out in the Playoffs.  But at least it still would have been one more round.

Really, though, Kelly screwed herself either way that entire season with her absolutely bonkers decisions.  Of the three seasons where she actually, truly deserved to be wiped out (sixteen, seventeen, and eighteen), that was the only one where she actually did.

I mean…if they would have gone out in the playoffs anyway, does it really matter? She heard them sing live a lot more than we did. Just sayin’….

I will say they got totally screwed by whoever decided to pair them with a 14 year old, give them their favorite song, and make it appear as a total setup in their favor. On top of that, the coach comments toward Mikaela felt like a fleet of busses. Bundys were never going to overcome that. 

• Like 1

Gymani>Jershika and Wendy  . Gymani was by far the most consistent and gave us creative and original performances. Jershika was great but some of her performances weren’t her best and even had some pitch problems. Wendy was outstanding prelives then IMO declined lives and then was outstanding in the semis and Finale , Wendy was flat in IWALY and her top 13,11, and 10 performances were really underwhelming and she pretty much lacked emotion . Gymani didn’t have any vocal inconsistencies or pitch issues , her top 11 performance>>>> to both Wendy’s  and Jershika’s  top 11 performances .All 3 are phenomenal vocalists but Gymani was literally one of the very few artists that had pretty much no vocal consistencies , Gymani gave amazing vocals yet she made me personally feel what she was singing  , Wendy pretty much lacked emotion but was pretty much amazing vocally in her run overall and Jershika had so much emotion and made me feel what she was singing but had pitch issues . I was genuinely gutted when Gymani was eliminated.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mohammad said:

Gymani>Jershika and Wendy  . Gymani was by far the most consistent and gave us creative and original performances. Jershika was great but some of her performances weren’t her best and even had some pitch problems. Wendy was outstanding prelives then IMO declined lives and then was outstanding in the semis and Finale , Wendy was flat in IWALY and her top 13,11, and 10 performances were really underwhelming and she pretty much lacked emotion . Gymani didn’t have any vocal inconsistencies or pitch issues , her top 11 performance>>>> to both Wendy’s  and Jershika’s  top 11 performances .All 3 are phenomenal vocalists but Gymani was literally one of the very few artists that had pretty much no vocal consistencies , Gymani gave amazing vocals yet she made me personally feel what she was singing  , Wendy pretty much lacked emotion but was pretty much amazing vocally in her run overall and Jershika had so much emotion and made me feel what she was singing but had pitch issues . I was genuinely gutted when Gymani was eliminated.

Agreed. Between their best performances, I prefer Jershika and Wendy, and if I'm being honest, they're better vocalists. Jershika definitely had far more pitch issues but has more to offer in her vocal repertoire (wider range, more complex runs, falsetto) If that makes sense. But on a night to night basis, Gymani was the best in the competition imo. I also think she's more creative and unique than most in s21. So that helps too.

Ultimately I'd still rank Wendy ahead of her, because her highs points were legendary. But I have Gymani over Jershika due to consistency.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Agreed. Between their best performances, I prefer Jershika and Wendy, and if I'm being honest, they're better vocalists. Jershika definitely had far more pitch issues but has more to offer in her vocal repertoire (wider range, more complex runs, falsetto) If that makes sense. But on a night to night basis, Gymani was the best in the competition imo. I also think she's more creative and unique than most in s21. So that helps too.

Ultimately I'd still rank Wendy ahead of her, because her highs points were legendary. But I have Gymani over Jershika due to consistency.

Yeah agreed , Jershika does have more in her ✨vocal arsenal✨ and Wendy is a crazy good technician and her highs are as you said legendary but Gymani wins when it comes to consistency and I absolutely agree that she is by far more creative than the majority of season 21 artists actually Gymani is by far the most creative AA powerhouse IMO and one of the most creative contestants ever on the show IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

My unpopular opinion for the day is: They should cancel the show and start from scratch with a new show without a team format. Keep Blake and Kelly on as “judges,” and tell everyone else to take a hike. 

and actually do something for the contestants once the season ends

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

You think it would do better than the current show? 

10 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

You think it would do better than the current show? 

It depends on what they can come up with. I just think this format has run its course. Ariana probably brought about 1/2 million viewers per week. It’s not enough to justify her pay, but 1/2 million more than Gwen would have brought. 

• Like 1

Gymani’s “Say Something” is actually my favorite performance of hers!

And also Jim and Sasha’s audition is underrated i absolutely loved it

Additionally I wish Joshua made the finale instead of Hailey or Paris, imo. 

Lastly…Parker was the most robbed contestant this season

3 hours ago, VoiceFan! said:

Lastly…Parker was the most robbed contestant this season

In the past four or so seasons, there have been a lot of battle robberies but not a lot of knockout robberies. I love hearing the duets but I think that the battles are flawed. There needs to be more steals and saves for the battles.

This performance got some (or a lot, idr) negativity but i personally loved it. The powerful notes she hit at the end were a real pleasure to my ears. And yeah, the song was maybe too dark and, for some people, she didn't convey the meaning, but that was kind of irrelevant for me, she did what she had to do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

This performance got some (or a lot, idr) negativity but i personally loved it. The powerful notes she hit at the end were a real pleasure to my ears. And yeah, the song was maybe too dark and, for some people, she didn't convey the meaning, but that was kind of irrelevant for me, she did what she had to do.

It wasn’t my favorite of hers, but I think the lousy sound mix played a role. That’s obvious when listening to the studio. 

Anyway, my unpopular opinion is that I think Deja Vu was a good performance. Some can argue it’s not a good song choice for the audience or for a singing competition, but that’s an entirely different issue. It’s clear from all non-Facebook social platforms that she reached her target audience with that one. Could she have gotten 3rd place with a more minivan friendly song? Maybe but who cares?  

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 3

On 12/30/2021 at 6:02 PM, TeamAudra said:

So American Idol 2.0?

24 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

So American Idol 2.0?

They can call it whatever they want, as long as they do away with teams. I highly doubt they will, but I’d love to see more viewers support contestants for them, rather than based on who’s team they’re on. 

On 12/30/2021 at 4:02 PM, TeamAudra said:

That's just Idol and the second they'd ask Kelly to "judge", she'd be gone. That's one of the main things she said always made her prefer this format over Idol was that she wasn't judging anybody, but instead being a coach and a cheerleader when needed.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, roundtown said:

That's just Idol and the second they'd ask Kelly to "judge", she'd be gone. That's one of the main things she said always made her prefer this format over Idol was that she wasn't judging anybody, but instead being a coach and a cheerleader when needed.

Well, that may be true, but there is still some judging required, in the battle round, the KO round, and in the playoffs, when she is required to decide which contestant to save. I also understand she does not enjoy that part. All of that said, I don’t think there’s a chance in hell that NBC will do what I suggested. 

On 1/2/2022 at 3:51 PM, VoiceFan! said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1hFycxnW2U

One of my favorite auditions, and I hear NO ONE talking about it. Def deserved a 4-chair turn and I wish he picked Jennifer.

This is Joey Green's BA, btw

Not bad. I’ve seen people literally forget about him (I think multiple times). That being said, I don’t really like his tone. And I prefer other versions of that song.

Edited by Anybody354
  • Like 2