The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

Honestly, I have no idea if this is considered unpopular but:

I like Christiana Danielle's Knockout much more than her Blind Audition

Edit: I saw on YouTube that her knockout has more views than her Blind so this might be a popular opinion.

Edited by British Man

7 minutes ago, British Man said:

That’s difficult, as both of those performances were well liked here. I would say that her Knockout was at a similar level to her Blind Audition, which was definitely in my Top 6 that season 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, British Man said:

Edit: I saw on YouTube that her knockout has more views than her Blind so this might be a popular opinion.

I just rewatched both and i gotta agree with this, her knockout song showcased her vocals better, in my opinion.

Which leads to my "not so unpopular opinion", which is that she should have won that knockout, hands down, Alicia shouldn't have took the risk of her going to another team just like that (Good thing nobody liked Adam at that point :giggle:)

Which leads me to my actually unpopular opinion, which is that i never got the hype over Terrence, i wasn't never fascinated by his blind at all, and i think Livia should have won that battle:stealth:

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I just rewatched both and i gotta agree with this, her knockout song showcased her vocals better, in my opinion.

Which leads to my "not so unpopular opinion", which is that she should have won that knockout, hands down, Alicia shouldn't have took the risk of her going to another team just like that (Good thing nobody liked Adam at that point :giggle:)

Which leads me to my actually unpopular opinion, which is that i never got the hype over Terrence, i wasn't never fascinated by his blind at all, and i think Livia should have won that battle:stealth:

omg i totally agree. back in s14 i used to forced myself to like his audition because he was a 4 chair. as for the battle i liked both so i dont know who i would give the win too but i was never a fan for his blind, i dont think i would have turned.

Terrence never really stood out for his vocals, the reason why his audition was so widely well recieved (and you can see how much the coaches respected it) was because of his artistry. He completely transformed a well known upbeat classic with just a piano and sang like he felt it.

The rest of his performances however, lacked that element for me, hence I understand why the hype went away later. 

I do have to say, while I wasn´t a huge fan of his falsetto in the KO, the fact that he reached it was impressive, regarding why the coaches went crazy for that performance.

• Like 1

Since ya'll talk about Joe, do you think it would be possible to have him as a coach, or he probably won't be since his brother has already been a coach. He would be so entertaining and fun to watch and have as a coach and I definitely wouldn't mind either.

In case of restrictions: the performance is Zach Seabaugh - Brand New Girlfriend (S9 Playoffs).

Was this performance cringy? Yes.

Was it painfully self indulgent? Yes.

Were the Elvis comparisons merited? Probably.

Overall, was it entertaining? Hell yes it was.

Looking back at that night, he actually stood out, not to mention he was pretty consisent vocally, especially considering he was moving around a lot.

Props to him for winning a PV despite his KO getting montaged, being, along with Matt McAndrew, the only one who has achieved this I believe, since KOs are crucial.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Misirlou said:

In case of restrictions: the performance is Zach Seabaugh - Brand New Girlfriend (S9 Playoffs).

Looking back at that night, he actually stood out, not to mention he was pretty consisent vocally, especially considering he was moving around a lot.

Props to him for winning a PV despite his KO getting montaged, being, along with Matt McAndrew, the only one who has achieved this I believe, since KOs are crucial.

I used to hate that performance. Now that i rewatched it... i hate it even more, but thanks. 

Definitely S9 was not for me. 

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Haha 5

20 hours ago, Misirlou said:

The only way I can rewatch this is if it’s muted - vocally, it wasn’t terrible, but the combo of vocals + dance moves just makes me cringe for some reason.

That said, at least it wasn’t a bus attempt, so…

• Haha 4

On 9/4/2021 at 6:38 PM, VintageVoice said:

Joe’s got entire YouTube compilations of clips from interviews/performances/etc. labeled stuff like “Joe Jonas being chaotic for xyz minutes” and chaos can be entertaining if handled correctly. 

Nick, on the other hand, has less personality than the oyster crackers I had with my soup at lunch the other day. He’s certainly not the worst coach the show’s ever had, but I’d rather have a messy coach than a boring one.

This description of Nick is reminding me of Slezak 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

I think Megan vs Samantha (Top of the World), Zan vs Brittney (Closer to Fine) were two of the best battles from S18

I agree, but I think IDF holds them on a high regard. I'd add Joei vs TMH, Todd vs Jon, and TStorm vs Cedrice and there's the clear Top 5 battles of the season for me.

41 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Also Arei vs Samuel (Missing You) is SEVERELY underrated

I loved their voices together but Samuel sounded a bit off in his solo parts, at least for me. That kinda sets it back imo.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1