The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

I asked Allegra to do Chandelier on her livestream (to be fair, before I get murdered, I didn't say anything about it being her knockout song) and it's super good (also I'm fairly sure it's her The Voice version cause she cut out some lyrics). 

20 minutes ago, JOMZ said:

OMG I just joined this forum. I watched The Voice since Season 7 and watched some famous performances of the past 6 seasons. Now, I think Season 18 is not as magical as other seasons. The last Season is better than this in Terms of Talent.

I agree with you but I also have to say that I attended a knockout taping for S18 and the performances are so much better in comparison to the blinds and battles. I personally believe Cammwess, Mandi Castillo, Toneisha, Levi, Allegra, Joanna Serenko, Cedrice, Zan, Megan Danielle, and Tayler Green gave their strongest performance during this round. 

also, even though Cammwess and Thunderstorm are not a KO pairing Cammwess outsold Thunderstorm with his performance, so I understand why John dumps Thunderstorm after stealing back Cam... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, VOICENEWS said:

I agree with you but I also have to say that I attended a knockout taping for S18 and the performances are so much better in comparison to the blinds and battles. I personally believe Cammwess, Mandi Castillo, Toneisha, Levi, Allegra, Joanna Serenko, Cedrice, Zan, Megan Danielle, and Tayler Green gave their strongest performance during this round. 

also, even though Cammwess and Thunderstorm are not a KO pairing Cammwess outsold Thunderstorm with his performance, so I understand why John dumps Thunderstorm after stealing back Cam... 

That's good to know. I'm really hoping Mandi and CammWess gave good performances because both of them got done dirty by John's tragic song choice.

4 hours ago, VOICENEWS said:

But I have favorites this season. Micah Iverson and Joanna Serenko are good singers and have great tone. I am expecting better performances on Knockouts.

8 minutes ago, JOMZ said:

Is it Legit that. Samantha Howell is Kelly's Save?

Yes.

We know the remaining results for Mandi/Sara and Tayler/Jules are that Mandi and Tayler win and Sara and Jules are eliminated/go home. With Megan having performed in the knockouts, that leaves Samantha as Kelly's save by default.

Edited by Someone648

6 hours ago, VOICENEWS said:

I'm actually kind of curious about micah singing graveyard and allegra singing chandelier, some source said that micah was pitchy and tayler was robbed is that true while some say that both were equal??And was allegra performance underwhelming or it was actually up to standard

I Hope For Next Season Or Later On We See Some People Audition From The Four! It Is Really Irritating How We Have Not Seen Anyone From The Four. The Voice Needs Some People From The Four, Like Cheyenne Elliot, Brennen Villainous, Candice Boyd, Lex Lu, Blair Perkins, Ash Minor, Alma Lake, Destani Bryant, Saeed Raughnaud. We Always See People From Idol Or AGT Let Us See People From The  Four! 

On 4/3/2020 at 1:42 PM, TeamAudra said:

If you mean his post KO team, no. Minivan likes both Thunderstorm and Joanna, and he dropped them both. 

Wow.  Then John is an IDIOT.

I'm starting to think that he really benefited from just having Maelyn, after all, because his choices both this season and last have been AWFUL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

I Hope For Next Season Or Later On We See Some People Audition From The Four! It Is Really Irritating How We Have Not Seen Anyone From The Four. The Voice Needs Some People From The Four, Like Cheyenne Elliot, Brennen Villainous, Candice Boyd, Lex Lu, Blair Perkins, Ash Minor, Alma Lake, Destani Bryant, Saeed Raughnaud. We Always See People From Idol Or AGT Let Us See People From The  Four! 

While I'd love to see them, the crossover between the two audiences isn't very strong. The contestants on The Four, with some exceptions, wouldn't make it far on The Voice because the type of music that's performed there won't get Team Minivan support here. Likewise, you're not gonna get too much country support from the audience on The Four.

I'd love to see the more contemporary R&B/pop/etc. contestants from The Four on The Voice though. Their song selection was superior on The Four for sure.

Edited by Someone648

1 hour ago, jus.vshn said:

Next season I hope for more black singers to audition and show the world the amount of talent black people have to offer.

Some of the best contestants on this season are African American (Cammwess, Thunderstorm, Anaya, Toneisha, to name a few).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Someone648 said:

While I'd love to see them, the crossover between the two audiences isn't very strong. The contestants on The Four, with some exceptions, wouldn't make it far on The Voice because the type of music that's performed there won't get Team Minivan support here. Likewise, you're not gonna get too much country support from the audience on The Four.

I'd love to see the more contemporary R&B/pop/etc. contestants from The Four on The Voice though. Their song selection was superior on The Four for sure.

The Four was a mess in terms of format but it had some of the best performances I’ve ever seen on a singing show. Candice Boyd’s “Here” is still a regular listen for me. James Graham and Ali Caldwell had some amazing performances as well. Ali’s “Somebody Loves You Baby” was legendary.

Edited by OSMC

2 hours ago, Rodney said:

Wow.  Then John is an IDIOT.

I'm starting to think that he really benefited from just having Maelyn, after all, because his choices both this season and last have been AWFUL.

John has always been a bad coach, Maelyn only chose him because she said he was "the type of artist/musician" she wanted to be herself. Like sis I love you but you are WAY better, then all of a sudden in s17 and 18, everyone wanted John, ugh! 

Edited by QueenMae16

I think he's a decent coach, but very popular in the blinds because he won with Maelyn as a new coach and he's singer songwriter which connects with a lot of contestants auditioning.  I thought he did very well with Will, especially.   However, I felt like he screwed Mary Beth Byrd by trying to make her a crossover artist with belty pop-crossover songs when honestly she shouldve just stuck with story teller-country americana songs.   She could've won the whole season with burning house alone, and being on Blakes team.

Edited by katybay
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

John has always been a bad coach, Maelyn only chose him because she said he was "the type of artist/musician" she wanted to be herself. Like sis I love you but you are WAY better, then all of a sudden in s17 and 18, everyone wanted John, ugh! 

It's also the types of artists they bring in, if the most talented singers they bring in our country, most choose Blake. If they're female pop diva's, they tend to choose Kelly, or teenage pop girls. R&B artists and singer/songwriter types gravitate to Jon. 

17 hours ago, Randompersonhere said:

I'm actually kind of curious about micah singing graveyard and allegra singing chandelier, some source said that micah was pitchy and tayler was robbed is that true while some say that both were equal??And was allegra performance underwhelming or it was actually up to standard

I liked both performances but Tyler had a more emotional performance and the coaches/audience liked that. I enjoyed Micahs Performance and I don't think it was "pitchy" it was just a very wordy song. From what I remember Micah supposedly told Kelly he was bias about his song but Kelly encouraged him to do it anyways.......... Joannas version of Angel from Montgomery might be my favorite, her version is for sure better than Marybeths. Allegra was good she made the song her own, but I still think it was average..nothing we have not seen in 18 seasons 

6 hours ago, OSMC said:

The Four was a mess in terms of format but it had some of the best performances I’ve ever seen on a singing show. Candice Boyd’s “Here” is still a regular listen for me. James Graham and Ali Caldwell had some amazing performances as well. Ali’s “Somebody Loves You Baby” was legendary.

OMG Ali Caldwell's Somebody Loves You Baby is perfect. She just slapped Whitney(Contestant she replaced) and just showed her how to sing a Patti Labelle song. Btw, I hate that she didn't make it in the Finale of Season 11.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, katybay said:

I think he's a decent coach, but very popular in the blinds because he won with Maelyn as a new coach and he's singer songwriter which connects with a lot of contestants auditioning.  I thought he did very well with Will, especially.   However, I felt like he screwed Mary Beth Byrd by trying to make her a crossover artist with belty pop-crossover songs when honestly she shouldve just stuck with story teller-country americana songs.   She could've won the whole season with burning house alone, and being on Blakes team.

Sadly Blake was Blocked on her Blind Audition.

8 minutes ago, VOICENEWS said:

I liked both performances but Tyler had a more emotional performance and the coaches/audience liked that. I enjoyed Micahs Performance and I don't think it was "pitchy" it was just a very wordy song. From what I remember Micah supposedly told Kelly he was bias about his song but Kelly encouraged him to do it anyways.......... Joannas version of Angel from Montgomery might be my favorite, her version is for sure better than Marybeths. Allegra was good she made the song her own, but I still think it was average..nothing we have not seen in 18 seasons 

What do you mean by "Bias"?? I still think that Micah V Tayler is a wrong pairing, it should've been Tayler V Anaya.

8 minutes ago, VOICENEWS said:

Some of what you said about the discussion regarding Micah's song selection doesn't match up with what I recall. I suspect they might edit out what was said, but I will wait until after it airs to comment on that.

Very random question. But a couple seasons back we were shortlisting someone with the surname "Manning". I can't remember her first name and it's bugging me because I want to listen to her covers right now. Does anyone know who I'm talking about?

9 minutes ago, jarmon said:

Very random question. But a couple seasons back we were shortlisting someone with the surname "Manning". I can't remember her first name and it's bugging me because I want to listen to her covers right now. Does anyone know who I'm talking about?

Cathryn Manning?