The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

33 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

I don’t see how they can do anything like a normal show. The only alternative format I can imagine is each singer filmed recording in a studio with all the performances edited into a taped show. The coaches could preview the performances and tape comments from their own homes. Then the public votes and Carson announces the results to each singer via Skype.

It probably wouldn’t make for very good TV, but people would probably still watch it! 

How about if they perform live from their homes via Skype? No band. Just their voice. That would  reveal who actually has the best voice. 

31 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I want to see Mandi Thomas beat Samantha in knockouts so IDF can have a meltdown 🤣🤣🤣

Meltdowns aren’t what  they once were. Nobody really cares that much anymore. We just go though the motions and pretend to be outraged. 

9 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It probably wouldn’t make for very good TV, but people would probably still watch it! 

How about if they perform live from their homes via Skype? No band. Just their voice. That would  reveal who actually has the best voice. 

The only issue with that would be the variable quality of the acoustics. 

59 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

By May people might be so starved for content it won't matter. Who knew that the saving grace of this season might be the lack of live shows. They'll only have to figure out three

7 hours ago, FloorWax said:

I want to see Mandi Thomas beat Samantha in knockouts so IDF can have a meltdown 🤣🤣🤣

😂 Meltdown-worthy contestants this season (based on Pre-season hype) :

- Thunderstorm 

- Joanna 

- Zan

That's it, imo. 

Edited by echoap

Unless something miraculous happens, I don't see them having a live show as we know it this season. Beyond just having the contestants and coaches there, there's so many crew that make this show happen. They could go with a skeleton crew, but even then that would be a lot of people. And they still have to build the set(s), that adds to the number of crew needed too. Obviously there's still over a month for them to make the decision and I sure would hope we're close to getting over the hump then, I'm not really counting on it.

4 hours ago, VoiceFan1 said:

I  like only these 3 people this season but I really don't care. That is how I feel about this season.

Yeah, the season didn't have a good start and the concerns about the virus ain't improving the situation 😷.

IDF already invested a considerable amount of time in these contestants so I'm expecting high quality meltdowns. Otherwise, I'm gonna have my own meltdown over the lack of meltdowns 😂

57 minutes ago, echoap said:

Yeah, the season didn't have a good start and the concerns about the virus ain't improving the situation 😷.

IDF already invested a considerable amount of time in these contestants so I'm expecting high quality meltdowns. Otherwise, I'm gonna have my own meltdown over the lack of meltdowns 😂

Oh yeah! People are definitely gonna be upset about Kailey going home based on the looks of it (rightfully so though). 

14 hours ago, ashwinner said:

Oh yeah! People are definitely gonna be upset about Kailey going home based on the looks of it (rightfully so though). 

Minivan probably already forgot about her, and she lost to Cam. They will be fine with it. 

I also think Voice contestants getting eliminated is pretty for down the list of things people are worried about at the moment. The show is nothing more than  a temporary diversion from reality. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

I think it’s going to be thunderstorm and Cedrice battle 

Thunderstorm/Cedrice is the last battle with a steal or save, so unless they want to mess with the editing and make one of the saves the final battle aired, they'll likely be the last battle that gets aired.

On 3/18/2020 at 12:47 PM, echoap said:

😂 Meltdown-worthy contestants this season (based on Pre-season hype) :

- Thunderstorm 

- Joanna 

- Zan

That's it, imo. 

Thunderstorm is the only good artist of the three and he was gifted to Nick, so that could end up being a disaster. Zan was nothing too special, and Joanna (way over hyped) loses both her Battle, and her Knockout, so she is clearly doing something wrong. Despite being stolen each round, I can't imagine she does great going forward from the Knockouts, but we'll have to wait and see. 

This season is another dumpster fire.

25 minutes ago, Ptones2010 said:

Thunderstorm is the only good artist of the three and he was gifted to Nick, so that could end up being a disaster. Zan was nothing too special, and Joanna (way over hyped) loses both her Battle, and her Knockout, so she is clearly doing something wrong. Despite being stolen each round, I can't imagine she does great going forward from the Knockouts, but we'll have to wait and see. 

Based on that logic, Thunderstorm is doing something wrong too, since he lost his KO. As a fan of Adam Levine, you know as well as anyone that the coaches don’t always make the best decisions. 

Zan’s audition was definitely overhyped here, though. She got a much better reaction on IDF than she did anywhere else. That’s just IDF showing it’s desperation in this lackluster season. 

Edited by TeamAudra

6 hours ago, Ptones2010 said:

I based that ranking on our pre season expectations. Whether they're going to live up to the hype or not, that's another story. 

Thunderstorm is the safest bet on that list (Unless Nick decides to actively coach him). Joanna has like 2000 videos doing basically the same so I desperately need to watch her battle and knockout to make a better judgment. As for Joanna's battle, she got paired against a seasoned 38 y/o performer with a song that is better suited for Roderick. Things are not looking good for her. 

I'm not particularly interested in Zan but she's good and the only alternative girl of the season so she must be protected at all costs! 😆

6 hours ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

I’m pretty sure the first leak were getting is either Joanna vs Roderick or Mandi vs Cammwess, which would explain why we didn’t get Mandi as a leak for the last episode.

or maybe Joei vs TMH as well...

The trend for the past three seasons has been either middle pack contestants or flat-out irrelevant fodder leaks so one of these pairings make sense lol. 

• Thanks 1