American Idol Season 22 Premiere Discussion

istersay

The winner usually comes from the first two episodes. In fact, I think every ABC Idol winner has been from Episode 1 or 2. McKenna has a good shot. I know we always assume a WGWG is gonna win but let’s not forget that Megan technically beat Colin last season and NOBODY was beating Iam. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Maybe I’m mistaken.  But I still like her.

Not saying you're wrong. I can see her singing country too. It's just not the first genre that came to my mind.

Mind you I haven't read any spoilers so I could be wrong.

7 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

The winner usually comes from the first two episodes. In fact, I think every ABC Idol winner has been from Episode 1 or 2. McKenna has a good shot. I know we always assume a WGWG is gonna win but let’s not forget that Megan technically beat Colin last season and NOBODY was beating Iam. 

Plus her edit tonight + future song choices seem favorable to her as well! 

Actually enjoyed this episode. Everyone we saw, except Triston, was in their 20s. I’m here for a slightly older cast. I mean… that happened last time we were on Season 7 and we all remember how that went :wub:

Edited by sublymonal
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Carrie_On said:

Hailey is in the second episode, so she has a shot as well.  I hope that Abi is also in the second episode.

ETA:  I just learned that Abi is in the promo for the second episode, so she too has a shot!

Edited by CarmenSandiego

1 hour ago, sublymonal said:

Actually enjoyed this episode. Everyone we saw, except Triston, was in their 20s. I’m here for a slightly older cast. I mean… that happened last time we were on Season 7 and we all remember how that went :wub:

28ish is NOT old... lol

Idols one gripe with me is their age limit. It should be raised to 40 and lowered to 18! 

• Like 2

McKenna was still my favorite but I enjoyed Odell as well. And honestly even if Jack was a little messy I kind of gravitate towards him for some reason. He's got that Zach Bryan kind of voice going on.

On 2/18/2024 at 8:00 PM, StarWalker1 said:

also like when was the last time a pop singer won ... its been awhile

If you don't count Maddie (folk?) then I'm pretty sure it was Nick.💀

Edited by NGL2008
  • Like 1

On 2/18/2024 at 10:42 PM, KelseyW said:

28ish is NOT old... lol

Idols one gripe with me is their age limit. It should be raised to 40 and lowered to 18! 

Ah, but then we wouldn't have gotten Casey Bishop, Jena, or Jessica Sanchez. :P

Otherwise, pretty fair. Though I get why they focus on helping out people in their 20's.

Edited by NGL2008
  • Like 1