Which Taped Playoffs Elimination Was Most Egregious?

QueenCami

Biggest robbery  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who was more robbed?

• Kala Banham (My Funny Valentine)
    • Alexa Wildish (Fields of Gold)

Kala Banham, no contest.

No one was close to her except Gina, who wasn't even on the same episode.

Still one of the best PO performances ever and even though this seasons cast is overall better, I doubt anyone's topping her performance (at least in the PO round).

• Like 1

My pick is Alexa. This is probably for three reasons: 

a) I thought Kala's run had more issues than Alexa's

b) I didn't like Huntley, like everyone else seemed to

c) I thought Nini and Mara were both a tier below Alexa

I do think that Kala was farther above the rest of Team Chance than Alexa was to the rest of Team Niall. However, I find Alexa's elimination harder to take because she made such a ridiculously strong case for herself moving forward from all four rounds.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Shoutout to the sole Alexa voter. Love that take for you.

it's the contrarian in me 😭 

(but honestly i thought it would be much closer. . . i guess i'm the only one weak enough to succumb to recency bias if that's what it is 😭)

Edited by QueenCami
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

it's the contrarian in me 😭 

(but honestly i thought it would be much closer. . . i guess i'm the only one weak enough to succumb to recency bias if that's what it is 😭)

At least it's a fair take and not arguing that Julia was more robbed or something :haha: 

Edited by Someone648
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

My pick is Alexa. This is probably for three reasons: 

a) I thought Kala's run had more issues than Alexa's

b) I didn't like Huntley, like everyone else seemed to

c) I thought Nini and Mara were both a tier below Alexa

I do think that Kala was farther above the rest of Team Chance than Alexa was to the rest of Team Niall. However, I find Alexa's elimination harder to take because she made such a ridiculously strong case for herself moving forward from all four rounds.

This is exactly how I feel, I was a fan of Kala's last season but I don't think her performances pre-playoffs were eye openingly good in the same way I felt with all of Alexa's? I get the argument that Team Niall was much more stacked than last season's Team Chance, but I feel when you have a talent like Alexa you just can't under any circumstance let her go. I also just didn't think any of the performances in the episode nearly stacked up to Alexa's IMO.

• Like 2

This was the hardest for me because both Kala and Alexa had an amazing playoff performance, both were pimped hard. But I went with Kala because she was by far the best of the night on Team Chance by a large margin but for Alexa they were all pretty close since I loved everyone on Niall's team that there was no wrong choice. 

Ray being picked over Kala has to be one of the worst decisions a coach has ever made on the history of the whole Voice franchise. No contest. 

But i doubt any other Playoff elimination is gonna hit me as hard as Alexa's. What a tragedy, losing just for being on a strong team. 

• Sad 3