The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

2 hours ago, ashwinner said:

john not saving mandi castillo doesn’t seem that surprising to me. y’all are all thinking about the knockout and how he chose her over thunderstorm, but you forget that he messed up the song, and further, it was johns own song. mandi wasn’t necessarily picked because john likes her a lot; she was picked because thunderstorm “chose” a bad song and messed up his performance

that honestly makes sense. oh well. more hope for my snowflake Zan to make it to the T8

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, ashwinner said:

john not saving mandi castillo doesn’t seem that surprising to me. y’all are all thinking about the knockout and how he chose her over thunderstorm, but you forget that he messed up the song, and further, it was johns own song. mandi wasn’t necessarily picked because john likes her a lot; she was picked because thunderstorm “chose” a bad song and messed up his performance

Lmao if you believe this...You need more  than this to justify John picking Mandi over Thunderstorm. Additionally, none of us were really there and although a source said he messed up, none of what you said matches up with what we saw on television. I do not think his decision was simple as you are trying to portray it. Mandi is a reasonable save depending on performances. It isn't like John has that strong of a team anyway. He would probably pick Zan over Mandi but that is the only person I can see him picking over Mandi in a coach's save.

• Haha 1

At this point tbh, the only team in which I´m not sure things are gonna go is Team Legend, the PV is up for grabs between Zan and Camm, I could see him saving Zan if she needs it but Mandi is there as well, and he seems to adore her. On the other hand, he seems to love Mike, so he´s not really off the table yet. John´s not a strategic guy at all from what i´ve seen. He tends to choose the people he genuienly prefers (he doesn´t take performances into account), and expects America to agree with him, so idk.

The other teams could have some shockers too, given Kelly´s unpredictability and Nick being a rookie, but I´m more confident about my predictions there.

25 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I think at this point I have talked myself into a scenario for every single one of these contestants making the top 9.

Same. It's such a close season that it's safe to assume that everyone has a reasonable shot at making the top 9, whether as PV, coach save, or instant save. Nobody's so horribly far behind the rest that I can't see them getting chosen for and winning the Instant save for the ninth spot with a good performance.

Monday's gonna be very interesting.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, seak05 said:

I think at this point I have talked myself into a scenario for every single one of these contestants making the top 9.

Ha...me too!

They say, nature abhors a vacuum.  The vacuum here is the huge hole in my understanding about what and how the "At home" non-live lives will work and for whom...and in which environments. With so much unexpected idol time on my hands,  I've been filling in the missing pieces with intellect, intuition and emotion.  So many paths.  Which will be taken and which are fantasy?   I guess we all have our own ideas about how likely each path is but there is SO much we don't know.  

17 hours ago, seak05 said:

Hard agree with you there. I'd say Roderick is the least likely based on his teammates, but otherwise I can totally imagine everyone else.

1 hour ago, Dany said:

https://parade.com/1028965/paulettecohn/the-voice-season-18-top-20-photos/

They have full size photo of the top 20 on gray concrete background. 

Also just noticed that of all the contestants, only two of the remaining artists are under 18 (Megan on Team Kelly and Allegra from Team Nick) - meanwhile, four of the contestants are over 35, with three of those four being over 40. Have we had a live playoffs with that many 35+/40+ contestants before? I know that's not really all that old, but when we consider that there's generally a decent number of people that aren't even old enough to drink that make it on teams...

5 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Also just noticed that of all the contestants, only two of the remaining artists are under 18 (Megan on Team Kelly and Allegra from Team Nick) - meanwhile, four of the contestants are over 35, with three of those four being over 40. Have we had a live playoffs with that many 35+/40+ contestants before? I know that's not really all that old, but when we consider that there's generally a decent number of people that aren't even old enough to drink that make it on teams...

Megan is 18 if i´m correct. Allegra is the youngest of the top 17.  And I think this is a first for playoffs honestly. Last season though we got the first finale in which all the top 4 were over 30.

Edited by Misirlou

9 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Megan is 18 if i´m correct. Allegra is the youngest of the top 17.  And I think this is a first for playoffs honestly. Last season though we got the first finale in which all the top 4 were over 30.

I was just going off the article which said Megan's 17 but they also forgot to mention Joanna was stolen from Nick by John and then stolen from John by Blake, so who knows how accurate that info on ages is?

But after checking, Megan's IG bio says she's 18 so I'll take her word for it.

12 hours ago, Dany said:

https://parade.com/1028965/paulettecohn/the-voice-season-18-top-20-photos/

They have full size photo of the top 20 on gray concrete background. 

Ages 44 and 41. For some reason, I thought Toneisha was younger than that. 

I’m wondering whether Blake might want some age diversity on his team. I would suggest saving Joanna, to guarantee he has a younger contestant. Toneisha would probably win the wildcard anyway. Do it, Blake!

Todd Tilghman
Hometown: Meridian, Miss.
Residence: Meridian, Miss.

Toneisha Harris
Hometown: Salisbury, Md.
Residence: Roswell, Ga.

Top 20 ages from oldest to Youngest

Todd Michael Hall - 50 years

Toneisha Harris - 44 Years

Todd Tilghman - 41 years 

Roderick Chambers - 38 years

Mandi Thomas - 33 years 

Mike Jerel - 31 years 

Cedrice - 28 years

Arei Moon - 28 Years

Nelson Cade III - 27 years

Micah Iverson - 25 years

Mandi Castillo - 23 years 

Thunderstorm Artis - 23 years

Zan Fiskum - 22 years 

Joei Fulco - 22 years

CammWess - 21 years 

Samantha Howell - 19 years 

Joanna Serenko - 19 years

Michael Williams - 18 years

Megan Danielle - 18 years

Allegra Miles - 17 years

Edited by thevoiceisthetop

11 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I’m wondering whether Blake might want some age diversity on his team. I would suggest saving Joanna, to guarantee he has a younger contestant. Toneisha would probably win the wildcard anyway. Do it, Blake!

I mean, Blake thought Gracee could win the wildcard in the playoffs last season and look how that turned out.

Plus he has worked with Toneisha for longer than Joanna, so he knows how she works with his coaching whereas Joanna is a new addition and with live shows being remote, that complicates things there. So while he could save Joanna, I don't see it happening - I'm willing to be wrong about this (or he could surprise everyone and pick Joei, who's also a younger contestant, does a genre he's familiar with, and has had his backing since the blinds). 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I mean, Blake thought Gracee could win the wildcard in the playoffs last season and look how that turned out.

Plus he has worked with Toneisha for longer than Joanna, so he knows how she works with his coaching whereas Joanna is a new addition and with live shows being remote, that complicates things there. So while he could save Joanna, I don't see it happening - I'm willing to be wrong about this (or he could surprise everyone and pick Joei, who's also a younger contestant, does a genre he's familiar with, and has had his backing since the blinds). 

It depends. 

1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

Totally agree - Hello Sunday beat out other deserving contestants (I actually like HS, but many others are more polished), and no one expected that. Furthermore, remember how last season John expected Khalea to be in and win the IS? Clearly not, right? So, I think they've learned their lesson from placing bets on their contestant winning.

I just want to say some things regarding lives.

Why didn't they assemble (The Top 17/+3CS + some producers) before lock down and go to place where there is a hotel + a place you can perform. I know this sounds a little bit costy but I think this a good idea. Though it's risky but they are Isolated and far from being affected by the virus. 

No harsh comment pls. I just have this weird idea. 

Edited by JOMZ

6 hours ago, JOMZ said:

I just want to say some things regarding lives.

Why didn't they assemble (The Top 17/+3CS + some producers) before lock down and go to place where there is a hotel + a place you can perform. I know this sounds a little bit costy but I think this a good idea. Though it's risky but they are Isolated and far from being affected by the virus. 

No harsh comment pls. I just have this weird idea. 

Well the vocal coaches spend more time with the contestants generally then the coaches + all the other stuff. But the biggest reason? I don't think the coaches or the contestants wanted to be locked away from families for 2 months 

23 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Well the vocal coaches spend more time with the contestants generally then the coaches + all the other stuff. But the biggest reason? I don't think the coaches or the contestants wanted to be locked away from families for 2 months 

I think so too. But I think 2 months is not long (The coaches are touring and they are like spending a lot of time away from their family). For the contestants it can be like you are like going to live in a Big Brother House but you can have A Video Chat with your family.

14 minutes ago, JOMZ said:

I think so too. But I think 2 months is not long (The coaches are touring and they are like spending a lot of time away from their family). For the contestants it can be like you are like going to live in a Big Brother House but you can have A Video Chat with your family.

yeah, some people would be able to, but I think they don't want to disclude people because they can't/are uncomfortable with it - or even worse, force someone to do it without them being comfortable.

45 minutes ago, JOMZ said:

None of the coaches are away from their family for two months on tour, But especially not during a global pandemic. Nick maybe, he’s young and doesn’t have kids - but I still can’t see him not seeing his wife.