The Voice General Discussion Thread šŸ§µ

istersay

Just now, StarWalker1 said:

Dana Monique deserved better song choices cause WTF was picking leave the door open for

To leave the door open for Rachelā€™s finale spot, of course

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, indii said:

I really canā€™t think of any bad decisions heā€™s made besides that I literally just think itā€™s because heā€™s boring šŸ˜­

This is just me being petty, I know this isĀ inconsequential but he did her so dirty. And Joanna Serenko. Then he had a TCO handed to him on a silver platter to soften the embarrassment.

7 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

This is just me being petty, I know this isĀ inconsequential but he did her so dirty. And Joanna Serenko. Then he had a TCO handed to him on a silver platter to soften the embarrassment.

the result of this battle is still crazy to me after all this time lmaoooo

Nylon Magazine

Ā 

GWENā€™S SWEET ESCAPE
She finally got her simple kind of life, but her ambition wonā€™t quit. On the eve of

No Doubtā€™s Coachella reunion, Gwen Stefani reflects on creative risks,

balancing music and motherhood, and writing songs with husband Blake Shelton.
Written by NOLAN FEENEY

8590ced3-0357-47cb-895a-6c7f5e84e744-nyl

0994e267-d582-48c6-89d5-268d5b951498-nyl
0cb12234-f331-4439-9107-662ec11a6aff-nyl

6b5fcca0-1003-41f8-9b14-683feeccdcb1-nyl

• Like 1

On 4/8/2024 at 9:08 PM, AliXRose said:

which

Bacardi Inks Its Biggest Celeb Deal With Camila Cabello as the Global Face of the Brand

The collaboration spans two years, with music-driven ads

launching during NBA games

full article hereĀ 

I assume this is the Billboard mentioned in the article, will be out everywhereGKuFjySWIAASF4o?format=jpg&name=large

Ā 

their first commercial ad with Bacardi

Ā 

Very random thought but we got so lucky that Carson Peters didn't win his KO in S21

Ā 

There wasn't another country male in that entire top 20, the lane was wide open for him. If he makes the playoffs he really might've made the finale over some people much more deserving

Ā 

Also on the topic Lana's KO is VERY very underrated. One of my 2 or 3 favorite KO's from probably the most stacked knockout round from any season I can remember.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by indii
  • Like 10

3 minutes ago, indii said:

Very random thought but we got so lucky that Carson Peters didn't win his KO in S21

Ā 

There wasn't another country male in that entire top 20, the lane was wide open for him. If he makes the playoffs he really might've made the finale over some people much more deserving

Lana totally cleared him in that round. But yeah, if Carson didn't butcher his song, there might be a clear path for him to go even further.

Edited by allistr

6 minutes ago, allistr said:

Lana totally cleared him in that round. But yeah, if Carson didn't butcher his song, there might be a clear path for him to go even further.

Yeah, on paper after their battles I would've guessed Carson wouldā€™ve won that pairing, but Carson completely blew it & Lana gave what was easily her best performance. Blake had no real choice but to pick Lana

Ā 

I always think the stars aligned pretty perfectly for S21 to have no real country frontrunner (Lana was very pop/country which wasnā€™t super popular with minivan). We had:

-Peedy, who a lot of people thought would be the country frontrunner before the show started airing, not really do country on the show and instead do this weird Elvis impersonator gimmick the entire show (and promptly get eliminated in the Playoffs)

-Carson completely bomb his Knockout that seemed like his to lose on paper

-Hailey get eliminated in the KOā€™s after having her best performance & only not winning the Comeback because Arianaā€™s stans mass voted for Vaughn

• Like 2

4 hours ago, indii said:

Also on the topic Lana's KO is VERY very underrated. One of my 2 or 3 favorite KO's from probably the most stacked knockout round from any season I can remember.

Queen of overcoming the curse of the songĀ :wub:Ā yeah that was her breakout moment, her tone sounded so heavenly there.

4 hours ago, indii said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

One of my fav performances from season 21.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, indii said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Random thought but it was a brilliant move that, instead of picking a song from Taylor's country albums, she "countrified" one of her pop songs (and one or her most beloved songs in the fandom)

15 hours ago, indii said:

Yeah, on paper after their battles I would've guessed Carson wouldā€™ve won that pairing, but Carson completely blew it & Lana gave what was easily her best performance. Blake had no real choice but to pick Lana

I remember the coaches comments making it very clear that they went in expecting Carson to win, but he fell short and Lana rose to the ocasion.

Ā 

On top of that, he struggled with a song that is pretty much sacred to many in country music, including Blake himself, so he didnt have to be too happy about that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Anybody354 said:

Does Nathan Chester remind anyone of a male version of Kim Cruse? Because he reminds me of her

no šŸ˜­ i donā€™t think heā€™s nearly as good, and i wasnā€™t even a Kim fan. but happy for those who enjoy himĀ 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Anybody354 said:

Does Nathan Chester remind anyone of a male version of Kim Cruse? Because he reminds me of her

Ā 

I think Kim Cruse is too big of a comparison. I think a closer one would be CasmƩ lol.

1 hour ago, Anybody354 said:

I don't really see much similarities in their tone or vocal style tbh.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Anybody354 said:

I kind of see this, they both have that ā€œvelvetā€ quality to their tones. Kim obviously has more range though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, QueenCami said:

no šŸ˜­ i donā€™t think heā€™s nearly as good, and i wasnā€™t even a Kim fan. but happy for those who enjoy himĀ 

4 hours ago, Hsamid said:

I don't really see much similarities in their tone or vocal style tbh.

5 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Ā 

I think Kim Cruse is too big of a comparison. I think a closer one would be CasmƩ lol.

58 minutes ago, MusicBuff101 said:

I kind of see this, they both have that ā€œvelvetā€ quality to their tones. Kim obviously has more range though.

Ā 

This is sort of what I was tapping into. They both have that ā€œvelvetā€ quality, plus both have power, and even when they restrain their voices they still have that power and a similar tone.

Ā 

They both can also sing the roof off, but that applies to a lot of other singers.

• Like 1