The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

3 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

did we know that Brynn previously dated Joe Alwyn's brother? (If you don't know Joe Alwyn was Taylor Swift's partner of many years, and is widely speculated to be the main inspiration for her next album, as well as many of her songs in the past)

reading a thread on reddit in which a lot of people seem to be very critical of her / seem to think she's being attention seeking. doesn't seem that serious to me and it's not entirely clear that she even referenced dating him in the posted video so i'm not sure why people r being so dramatic but... thoughts?

1 hour ago, QueenCami said:

reading a thread on reddit in which a lot of people seem to be very critical of her / seem to think she's being attention seeking. doesn't seem that serious to me and it's not entirely clear that she even referenced dating him in the posted video so i'm not sure why people r being so dramatic but... thoughts?

It's Reddit, what did you were expecting from Reddit?? It's always a drama fest on there 

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, QueenCami said:

r/SwiftlyNeutral is anything but neutral tbh. it's a very negative space with a lot of annoying/weird users. 

I'm a swiftie, and i swear i didn't knew of the existence of Joe Alwyn's brother until someone here on Brynn's fan thread mentioned him. How much popularity could you get from dating the brother of a minor celebrity who happened to date a major celebrity? lol. 

Girl is literally Kelly Clarkson's protegee, why would she would look for attention dating the brother of someone who is only know for being Taylor Swift's ex?? 

33 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I'm a swiftie, and i swear i didn't knew of the existence of Joe Alwyn's brother until someone here on Brynn's fan thread mentioned him. How much popularity could you get from dating the brother of a minor celebrity who happened to date a major celebrity? lol. 

Girl is literally Kelly Clarkson's protegee, why would she would look for attention dating the brother of someone who is only know for being Taylor Swift's ex?? 

because we are living in Swiftieland where everything and anything revolves around Taylor Swift 🤩

someone dated Taylor’s ex’s brother? well they must only have done it for the “attention” you get from dating Taylor’s ex’s brother /s

Edited by FloorWax
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, m1key said:

r/SwiftlyNeutral is anything but neutral tbh. it's a very negative space with a lot of annoying/weird users. 

i mean yeah it’s not neutral and it’s also probably parasocial but it generally provides a more realistic take on things than some of the other groups i think. but like also idrc bc i don’t look up to swift as a guiding light for how i should live my life so i’m not terribly concerned about the drama in the same way some others r

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

i mean yeah it’s not neutral and it’s also probably parasocial but it generally provides a more realistic take on things than some of the other groups i think. but like also idrc bc i don’t look up to swift as a guiding light for how i should live my life so i’m not terribly concerned about the drama in the same way some others r

I'm a fan of her work, i think she is a talented songwriter (not the most talented in the world like some of her fans swear she is) but i couldn't care less about her personal life. I don't care about her boyfriends, or exes, or nemesis, or haters, or anything like that. But some of her fans act like she is their best friend or something and that is serious sick behaviour. These people need therapy urgently.

• Like 2

The Taylor Swift phenomenon is truly fascinating. I, for one, have never really been drawn to her discography but I acknowledge that the girl can write a song. She´s good. Be it pop, country, folk, her fans will follow her. There´s the jet controversy, and her fans are sending death threats to who ever disagrees or opposes.

It´s really something. I really can´t think of an artist that´s bigger than her in the world right now, maybe Beyoncé, but she has been in the business longer than Taylor has.  If she ran for president, there´s a legit chance she could win LMAO.

It´s uncanny, it´s legit the Beatlemania of this century. 

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

The Taylor Swift phenomenon is truly fascinating. I, for one, have never really been drawn to her discography but I acknowledge that the girl can write a song. She´s good. Be it pop, country, folk, her fans will follow her. There´s the jet controversy, and her fans are sending death threats to who ever disagrees or opposes.

It´s really something. I really can´t think of an artist that´s bigger than her in the world right now, maybe Beyoncé, but she has been in the business longer than Taylor has.  If she ran for president, there´s a legit chance she could win LMAO.

It´s uncanny, it´s legit the Beatlemania of this century. 

a lot of her fans r children and cannot vote. also i know this isn’t your point but she stopped caring about politics as part of her branding so she dgaf about this stuff. not to mention she is a carbon emissions queen 😍 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It really is crazy how she’s managed to keep her relevance after all this time. Her first album came out in 2006 so some of the teenagers back then that were a fan of hers are comfortably into their 30s by now. 

• Like 3

Let's acknowledge that Brynn, unlike most other winners (*cough* Chevel *cough*), has been working consistently on releasing music and being active on social media, and as a result, has managed to build a small but solid fanbase. I'm sure that her fanbase, as small as it is, it still has nothing to do with being the girlfriend of that guy. 

Listen to her new album, btw. "OUT OF THE BLUE", on all platforms.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FloorWax said:

It really is crazy how she’s managed to keep her relevance after all this time. Her first album came out in 2006 so some of the teenagers back then that were a fan of hers are comfortably into their 30s by now. 

Pretty much.

But I do realize that she gives A LOT of material for her fans. Music videos, short films, several albums, including the re-recordings that are like triple LPs, not to mention that she practically vomits albums. She releases one and the following day she announces another one. I believe there's a new album of hers coming on the way (that will likely compete with Cowboy Carter for AOTY next year).

So yeah, she works hard. Her fans are pampered AF, they have lots of stuff to enjoy. Not like me, that I have to wait until my favorite bands brother to get back in the studio.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

wow everyones finding love and happiness this year ... cant relate lol

How to find love:

Step 1 - Leave IDF

Step 2 - You know you failed Step 1, so just enjoy your true love of singing competition shows!(Or more like love/hate relationship tbh)

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Kenneth96 said:

except me. Bring Maddi to the finale I would somehow be happy and satisfied

And Hannah. 😥 I wonder if she saw red.

Edited by Wim

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.etonline.com/interview-blake-shelton-discusses-possible-return-to-the-voice-and-his-new-bar-exclusive-223673%3famp

Blake recently has said in the article that he would only return as a coach if they managed to bring back the original panel (with Adam, CeeLo and Xtina). And it would be the one and only season then he'd be off again. In other words, he won't return to the show.

The only version that can bring back an OG panel for an anniversary season is the Russian version, and it's a hard pass because the legendary Alexander Gradsky passed away during the season. The Spanish version managed to bring back the OG panel in their anniversary season but they only appeared as advisors instead of coaches. And it actually take a lot of time for the US version to finally catch up with what other versions are doing, it took them 25 seasons to have a double chair, it can take another 25 seasons to have an all-star season. (Just my opinion)

• Like 3