The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

I’m not quite sure where to put this one, but it involves multiple Voice adjacent people—

Former coach Xtina is executive producing the stage version of her movie Burlesque and her former role as Ali has been cast with Jess Folley, who won S1 of the Voice Kids UK (as well as being a member of the winning group on XF The Band).

This is Jess’ winning journey:

Edited by AngelaKD

Just watched Serenity vs. Bri battle for the first time and yikes. It was really painful to my ears. This is how it should be done:

Edited by allistr

2 hours ago, allistr said:

Just watched Serenity vs. Bri battle for the first time and yikes. It was really painful to my ears. This is how it should be done:

Let's pretend that Gigi didn't absolutely butchered her part of the song. Yeah, Micah was great. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, StarWalker1 said:

Camila released her new song for her upcoming album ... its so weird but so oddly catchy

Playboi Cardis verse was so unneeded and bad😭

• Haha 1

I´ve never been a big fan of Beyoncé´s music but given the hype for this one and her incursion into another genre, I checked out her new album and it´s really good. A bit long, but very interesting. Cameos from Dolly, Willie Nelson, a Beatles cover, and a Jolene cover that changes the theme from begging her to straight up threatening her.

Lot of ballads at the start, we could be getting some songs there on the show, especially for country artists.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Misirlou said:

I´ve never been a big fan of Beyoncé´s music but given the hype for this one and her incursion into another genre, I checked out her new album and it´s really good. A bit long, but very interesting. Cameos from Dolly, Willie Nelson, a Beatles cover, and a Jolene cover that changes the theme from begging her to straight up threatening her.

Lot of ballads at the start, we could be getting some songs there on the show, especially for country artists.

So which song from that album do you want to see on The Voice?

On 11/6/2023 at 8:51 AM, QueenCami said:

just came across @its_reidthomas on instagram, he’s insane. and then i found out HES RYLEY TATR WILSONS BROTHER ????

and personal preference wise i like him so much more he’s so powerful 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzKRdBGxpwO/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Not 100% relevant to The Voice anymore (and yes I had to dig for this comment from months ago) but:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C43mPzrv6KD/

also he supposedly gets a golden buzzer according to the agt subreddit but that's apparently a spoiler so oops

• Like 2

Does anyone else think Madison vs Kyle could be considered an all-time great Battle performance, at least for Battles of its kind (meaning like sweet, harmony-focused duets)? I mean... their blend was so perfect. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Does anyone else think Madison vs Kyle could be considered an all-time great Battle performance, at least for Battles of its kind (meaning like sweet, harmony-focused duets)? I mean... their blend was so perfect. 

I'd need to hear similar battles to it, and for the life of me can't remember any. 

Edited by Hsamid

41 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

I'd need to hear similar battles to it, and for the life of me can't remember any. 

Cara vs Jay from S22 is one I think, Jaclyn vs Britton(?), then that Everything Has Changed battle from way back. That’s all I can think of rn

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Cara vs Jay from S22 is one I think, Jaclyn vs Britton(?), then that Everything Has Changed battle from way back. That’s all I can think of rn

Does Sawyer vs Noelle count?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, allistr said:

Does Sawyer vs Noelle count?

Yeah I was gonna mention that one but forgot to type it. More battles like those please producers!

• Like 2