DWTS Season 32 Discussion

*Lily

So…we have a press release with dance styles and songs now. :dead: 

https://www.dgepress.com/abc/pressrelease/live-from-hollywood-its-the-season-32-premiere-of-dancing-with-the-stars-on-abc-and-disney/

•Supermodel Tyson Beckford and pro Jenna Johnson will perform a cha cha to “Never Too Much” by Luther Vandross.

•Marvel star Xochitl Gomez and pro Val Chmerkovskiy will perform a cha cha to “Peanut Butter Jelly” by Galantis.

•TV and film star Alyson Hannigan and pro Sasha Farber will perform a salsa to “Never Gonna Not Dance Again” by P!nk.

•Social media and reality TV star Harry Jowsey and pro Rylee Arnold will perform a cha cha to “Rock Your Body” by Justin Timberlake.

•Former Bachelorette Charity Lawson and pro Artem Chigvintsev will perform a tango to “Only Girl (In The World)” by Rihanna.

•Ariana Madix (“Vanderpump Rules”) and pro Pasha Pashkov will perform a tango to “Love Myself” (Riddler Remix) by Hailee Steinfeld.

•GRAMMY®-winning singer Jason Mraz and pro Daniella Karagach will perform a cha cha to “I Feel Like Dancing” by Jason Mraz.

•NFL All-Star Adrian Peterson and pro Britt Stewart will perform a salsa to “Yeah!” by Usher featuring Lil Jon & Ludacris.

•Singer and social media star Lele Pons and pro Brandon Armstrong will perform a tango to “El tango de Roxanne” from Moulin Rouge.

•Oscar®-winning actress Mira Sorvino and pro Gleb Savchenko will perform a cha cha to “Kiss” by Prince & The Revolution.

•Actress Jamie Lynn Spears and pro Alan Bersten will perform a tango to “Don’t Call Me Up” (Zac Samuel Remix) by Mabel.

•Real estate mogul and TV star Mauricio Umansky and pro Emma Slater will perform a jive to “I Ain’t Worried” by OneRepublic.

•Comedian and actor Matt Walsh and pro Koko Iwasaki will perform a cha cha to “Poison” by Bell Biv DeVoe.

•“The Brady Bunch” actor Barry Williams and pro Peta Murgatroyd will perform a foxtrot to “It’s A Sunshine Day” by The Brady Bunch.

Thanks for posting the dance spoilers, Amanda! :hug:

Of the song/styles combo, I'm looking forward to the dances from: Xochitl, Alyssa, Harry, Charity, Jason, Adrian, Lele, Mira, Jamie Lynn and Barry. Ooh and also Matt because I love that song though I expect the dance to be a fun hot mess. :giggle:  So yeah I like a lot of the song choices used for tomorrow's episode.

Ugh I don't like Week 1 eliminations anymore now that we've had a number of seasons without a Week 1 elimination. I feel bad for the first eliminated couple not getting a second chance. :(

Yeah, week 1 eliminations are never fun. :( I wish they all got to dance 1 Latin and 1 Ballroom dance each beforehand they eliminate anyone. :( 

Also, with there being 10 weeks before the finale and a week 1 elimination, it looks like we’re actually avoiding any double eliminations this season!

Edited by *Amanda
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Yeah, week 1 eliminations are never fun. :( I wish they all got to dance 1 Latin and 1 Ballroom dance each beforehand they eliminate anyone. :( 

Also, with there being 10 weeks before the finale and a week 1 elimination, it looks like we’re actually avoiding any double eliminations this season!

Knowing DWTS I feel like one week is going to be a "nobody goes home!" week to make room for a double later on🥲

3 hours ago, m1key said:

Knowing DWTS I feel like one week is going to be a "nobody goes home!" week to make room for a double later on🥲

Ugh probably. :( Even though it’s not necessary. And if they do that, it’ll probably be Disney week as they’ve done that in the past.

Edited by *Amanda

12 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Agreed on all of this. 

Oooh no double eliminations would be really good. Unless they plan on no eliminations on Disney night than that could change.

1 hour ago, *Amanda said:

Ugh probably. :( Even though it’s not necessary. And if they do that, it’ll probably be Disney week as they’ve done that in the past.

Agreed. I'd rather have an elimination on Disney night rather than Week 1, but they'll never listen to us on that. :dead: 

1 minute ago, *Lily said:

Gleb revealed on IG that the judges' save is gone this season which... I'm not sure fills me with much confidence for how this season will go lmao

Oh dear, we gonna get some major robberies this season. 🙈 

The judges saves were good in keeping the strong dancers with lack of fan vote in the competition for as long as possible (though of course some questionable decisions were made). But I trust the judges more than America, lmao.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Gleb revealed on IG that the judges' save is gone this season which... I'm not sure fills me with much confidence for how this season will go lmao

I was literally just coming her to say this... F.

1 hour ago, *Lily said:

Cue the judges’ shocked reactions when a talented female is eliminated after they nitpicked her while the mediocre men skate by because they were praised for doing the bare minimum. 🙂 

No fancy graphic yet but here are Drafts #1 and #3! I don't think I'm gonna be able to complete Draft #2 before the show, I'm still waiting on picks so... @Solaris @.Rei @CarmenSandiego @Alex95 I guess try your best to be fair when it comes back round to you tomorrow lmao. Appreciate I started late this year and also we didn't know for a while if the season was even happening :haha: 

Draft #1
Player 1: @*Lily - Xochitl Gomez, Barry Williams, Mira Sorvino
Player 2: @*Wallace - Charity Lawson, Jamie Lynn Spears, Adrian Peterson
Player 3: @totes4totes - Tyson Beckford, Ariana Madix, Matt Walsh
Player 4: @Ariel1989 - Jason Mraz, Harry Jowsey, Mauricio Umansky
Player 5: @*Amanda - Alyson Hannigan, Lele Pons

Draft #3
Player 1: @rdhaley96 - Charity Lawson, Jason Mraz, Tyson Beckford
Player 2: @jarmon - Lele Pons, Harry Jowsey, Jamie Lynn Spears
Player 3: @rpryor03 - Xochitl Gomez, Adrian Peterson, Mira Sorvino, Barry Williams
Player 4: @*Chris - Alyson Hannigan, Ariana Madix, Mauricio Umansky, Matt Walsh

• Like 3

2 hours ago, *Lily said:

No fancy graphic yet but here are Drafts #1 and #3! I don't think I'm gonna be able to complete Draft #2 before the show, I'm still waiting on picks so... @Solaris @.Rei @CarmenSandiego @Alex95 I guess try your best to be fair when it comes back round to you tomorrow lmao. Appreciate I started late this year and also we didn't know for a while if the season was even happening :haha: 

Draft #1
Player 1: @*Lily - Xochitl Gomez, Barry Williams, Mira Sorvino
Player 2: @*Wallace - Charity Lawson, Jamie Lynn Spears, Adrian Peterson
Player 3: @totes4totes - Tyson Beckford, Ariana Madix, Matt Walsh
Player 4: @Ariel1989 - Jason Mraz, Harry Jowsey, Mauricio Umansky
Player 5: @*Amanda - Alyson Hannigan, Lele Pons

Draft #3
Player 1: @rdhaley96 - Charity Lawson, Jason Mraz, Tyson Beckford
Player 2: @jarmon - Lele Pons, Harry Jowsey, Jamie Lynn Spears
Player 3: @rpryor03 - Xochitl Gomez, Adrian Peterson, Mira Sorvino, Barry Williams
Player 4: @*Chris - Alyson Hannigan, Ariana Madix, Mauricio Umansky, Matt Walsh

Who's left for me to pick?

5 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Oh dear, we gonna get some major robberies this season. 🙈 

The judges saves were good in keeping the strong dancers with lack of fan vote in the competition for as long as possible (though of course some questionable decisions were made). But I trust the judges more than America, lmao.

I don't understand the reasoning behind removing the judges' save.

On 9/24/2023 at 2:31 PM, *Chris said:

But then we are stuck with terrible covers ?  The dilemma. 

Plot twist: Taylor will be doing all of the songs live to promote Greatest Hits (From the Vault) [Taylor’s Revenge] [Live from the Eras Tour]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1