American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

1 hour ago, m1key said:

if it's Abi than that is a bad song choice for her imo. she has so much range that it feels like a waste to pick a song that pretty much goes nowhere vocally. 

it would be a better fit for Emmy both vocally and thematically (learning how to love herself + be confident). 

I suspect that it’s Emmy who sang it as well.

5 hours ago, MalwareDie said:

It would make sense if Abi is deliberately trying to throw the competition. I'm confident none of the Groundwork artists, Blake, KB, and Abi actually wanted/want to win the competition.

it's one thing to "throw" the competition if it's like Final 7 or Final 5 and you don't want to get stuck with the winner's contract. however, it is not logical to throw the competition at Final 12 when there are still multiple rounds of the competition left. that will just make you look like a flop and you risk losing support beyond the show. the contestants are still at the phase of the competition where they have to prove themselves. 

Edited by m1key

16 minutes ago, CandiceFan12 said:

IdolChatterYD having Will and Triston as the Top 2.:dead:

6. Trying To See The Stage At A Concert. GIF - Abandon All Hope Enter Here GIFs

If Mark Franklin says so, it must be true.

If it's a power ranking, I'd flip Triston and Will, and #3 is way too high for KB. He's always liked KB.

https://idolchatteryd.com/ranking-the-top-14-on-american-idol-2/

Triston is a little green, but he's a perfect TV character. He's not my first choice, but I wouldn't be mad if he won. Will probably doesn't need it...he'll be fine either way. I'm not sure from this group who the label might be interested in, besides those two, honestly. Maybe Emmy?

If either Abi or KB make the top 5, will they be able to record a single with BBR, given their contractual relationship with Groundwork? I would hope there’s a clause in their current contract that addresses this, or it could be messy. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

Mark Franklin posted that power ranking on Facebook, and these are the mentions in the comments. These things are highly spammable, so take it with a grain of salt. I feel like there might be some of that from Triston’s fans, which seems obvious if you scroll through the entire list of comments. On the other hand, he has fans dedicated enough to spam a Facebook post, while most of the others probably do not. 

Triston 74

Will 55

Mia 7

Abi 6

Emmy 4

KB 4

Jack 3

Mckenna 1

Kayko 1 

Does Franklin’s following consist of almost exclusively country fans?

https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02Gq2wKL6hmCSkx5xov1t5dgQbTHyLrCk3986fpSfeywtaXxkKgGyfiag6cfuJxJzel&id=100069006704523

Edited by TeamAudra

Top 14 FB react

1. Triston 13k

2. KB 7.7k

3. Mia 7.4k

4. Emmy 7k

5. Will 7k

6. Kayko 5.7k

7. Roman 4.7k

8. Julia 4.6k

9. McKenna 3.3k

10. Nya 3k

11. Abi 2.9k

12. Jack 2.9k

13. Jordan 1.9k

14. Jayna 1.6k

Would be fine if this is the top 3 😃 (one can hope)

• Like 1

On 4/16/2024 at 10:08 AM, peachfuz said:

hot take: i know people are looking at the r&b males in the top 20 and saying we only "needed" one but i think anyone who's an advocate for good singers doing well on this show should be a little more outraged about odell, quintavious, and maybe even mackenzie getting the cut compared to some of the people advancing this episode. here's a thought: maybe we only "needed" one guy singing country in the top 14, too. 

the voters messed up BIG TIME and the judges weren't even able to slap a band-aid big enough to make up for it. its not a surprise, but its a HUGE disappointment, especially after the voters more or less got it right with the first cuts from hawaii

A bit late to the party but thank you.

I will also say that I think Quintavious was the best singer on the show. At least on par with Jayna.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, indodol said:

Top 14 FB react

1. Triston 13k

2. KB 7.7k

3. Mia 7.4k

4. Emmy 7k

5. Will 7k

6. Kayko 5.7k

7. Roman 4.7k

8. Julia 4.6k

9. McKenna 3.3k

10. Nya 3k

11. Abi 2.9k

12. Jack 2.9k

13. Jordan 1.9k

14. Jayna 1.6k

Would be fine if this is the top 3 😃 (one can hope)

i wouldn't put as much weight into this as usual just because of the nature of the format of the Top 14 Reveal episode (for ex: even though Nya and Roman are ahead of Abi on stats we obviously know that is not going to come to fruition IRL)

i think what interests me the most is that KB is in second. that performance wasn't what she is fully capable of (it was still amazing though), but she's still pulling in strong numbers. if she locks in and we see her at her best, she could pose a serious threat. 

I've also noticed that Will has been meh in stats on both Sunday/Monday episodes (extremely meh considering he is the sole country WGWG). 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, m1key said:

i wouldn't put as much weight into this as usual just because of the nature of the format of the Top 14 Reveal episode (for ex: even though Nya and Roman are ahead of Abi on stats we obviously know that is not going to come to fruition IRL)

i think what interests me the most is that KB is in second. that performance wasn't what she is fully capable of (it was still amazing though), but she's still pulling in strong numbers. if she locks in and we see her at her best, she could pose a serious threat. 

I've also noticed that Will has been meh in stats on both Sunday/Monday episodes (extremely meh considering he is the sole country WGWG). 

I also am not sweating over Nya and Roman being ahead of Abi, or Abi being so low.  It’s a blip due to the nature of the Top 14 reveal.

But I’m definitely interested in the fact that Will has rather meh numbers considering that he’s the sole country WGWG.  Maybe he won’t make the finale after all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I wonder when we’ll find out what songs the Top 14 chose.

i was hoping we would get an exclusive Billboard or People article revealing the song choices, but at this point it's probably not happening.

perhaps we will get a Billboard exclusive with Monday's song choices before the show since it's kinda a Billboard sponsored theme? 

5 minutes ago, m1key said:

i was hoping we would get an exclusive Billboard or People article revealing the song choices, but at this point it's probably not happening.

perhaps we will get a Billboard exclusive with Monday's song choices before the show since it's kinda a Billboard sponsored theme? 

Maybe.

1 hour ago, SlayLady said:

why do i feel like abi is way overhyped? i prefer mckenna’s rich raspy vocals so much more.

Because the judges anointed her the winner from her audition, and the female winner or bust crowd rallied around her as their savior. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

If either Abi or KB make the top 5, will they be able to record a single with BBR, given their contractual relationship with Groundwork? I would hope there’s a clause in their current contract that addresses this, or it could be messy. 

abi addressed in a live she did on ig that she hasn’t released “more originals” bc idol is allowing each contestant to release only 1 original during the season to keep it “fair” so i’m pretty sure everything is fine and was talked it out w production itself. 

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

abi addressed in a live she did on ig that she hasn’t released “more originals” bc idol is allowing each contestant to release only 1 original during the season to keep it “fair” so i’m pretty sure everything is fine and was talked it out w production itself. 

That’s interesting, because I think Emmy has released two. 

2 hours ago, CandiceFan12 said:

LOL they made a Downfall video on the Top 14 predictions.:dead:

i love how oddly specific and niche these videos are. they make me feel so seen!

21 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

She's actually released 3 songs. 

Oh, yeah…I forgot about the Benson Boone cover. 

I’m all for the contestants releasing music during the show. I was just wondering about the contractual agreements for two of them. Maybe it’s nothing to worry about, but none of us know what’s in the contracts they signed. There was clearly something going on with videos being taken down, not posted, tags removed, etc., and they probably worked it out. 

KB's "Zombies" has had the most traction of all the performances posted this week on TikTok. 1.1m views and 110k likes.

If she can maintain the Facebook stats and keep the TikTok girlies tuned in + voting (her audition, Hollywood, and Hawaii also did pretty well) that could be good for her

Edited by m1key
  • Like 1