American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

35 minutes ago, AD25 said:

Hailey just disclosed she would've sung Don't Give up on Me by Andy Grammer had she not sing that Tate Mcrae song for Top 24. I think that song choice would've been better received by the fb community which could've boosted her chances to avoid bottom 2 smh 

I still don’t think that would’ve been a great performance for her. I would’ve chosen something like “Glitter in the Air” by Pink or “Impossible” by Shontelle. Something to show off her range. 

• Like 2

IDF sometimes forgets how important likability and humility are on these shows. Triston comes across as likable, humble, and grateful. He also has the advantages of backstory and being a teenager to go along with his talent.

Conversely, Kennedy's vocal and edit weren't amazing last night.

Kennedy is 19th on TVLine's poll for which of the 20 singers belong in the Top 14, while Triston is third. She's first on the MJsBigBlog poll for who is going home, and she's last on the favorite performance poll.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QueenCami said:

i’m surprised there’s such a consensus on Abi making the top 3. for some reason i saw her as a top 5 or 7 cut, perhaps because i feel like she had some indie stylings which move her away from mainstream pop + she doesn’t have the dedicated fan base of country or r&b/soul

I’m not ready to call anyone a lock for finale but I do think abi is one of the most compelling pop females idol had for awhile demographic wise. she has that katherine mcphee/angie miller esque energy of being great at dynamics while still being poweful without crossing the line of what viewers think is too much so i feel pretty good about her chances but there’s so many rounds until finale night so we will see. 

• Like 2

Random thoughts. 

I’ve seen a few people on here either predict Jack to win the show, or at least make the finale. I feel like we’ve already heard everything he can do, and he seems stuck in the middle of the pack. He’s a bit of a one trick pony….same performance every week with different lyrics. What could he possibly do at this point to vault himself into frontrunner status? 

I see this from time to time…people wanting Emmy to sing Loretta songs on the show. They’ve heard her sing several times now, and they think this would be a good idea. It’s annoying and dumb. Not only are they nothing alike vocally, but she doesn’t want to be compared to her grandmother. 

I feel like Triston controls his own destiny. It’s a lot ask of a 15 year old, but if he performs well every week for the rest of the season, he will probably win the show. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

Jack is a weird one for me. I could see him sneaking into the finale kinda like Leah Marlene. A sort of silent threat. 

leah got to the finale by constantly delivering the best performance of the night and getting a lot of casual viewers votes bc of that. idk if jack could pull that off. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

Clark's top ten are Jayna, Quintavious, Mia, Roman, Kaibrienne, McKenna, Nya, Kayko, Abi, and Triston. He thinks Triston can win.

• Like 2

this is like the first time ever where all of my faves and my side faves made Top 14 lmao. the lord knew to do me well this year after last season!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, m1key said:

this is like the first time ever where all of my faves and my side faves made Top 14 lmao. the lord knew to do me well this year after last season!

With the exception of Hailey, I could say the same thing about Abi and my side favorites (Emmy, Jayna, Julia, McKenna and Nya).

And it's the first time in a long while that we've had more girls than guys in the Top 14 or 12!  Go Team Waffle!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Facebook mentions from the “Vote Now” post. 

Positive mentions only. 

Will 51

Triston 43

Abi 29

Kayko 23

McKenna 20

Julia 18

KB 17

Emmy 16

Mia 15

Odell 15

Jack 10

Roman 10

Quintavious 10

Mackenzie 7

Jayna 7

Kennedy 6

Jennifer 5

Jordan 5

Ajii 4

Nya 3 

Top 5 here are also the top 5 for the v/r ratios, although not in exactly the same order. 

Most of those in the bottom here are also on the bottom for the v/r ratios. 

This was fairly accurate. Flip Odell and Jack, and we have the top 10 in votes. 

Ajii was making the same mistake Lucy Love made last year tonight. You can’t come out with that angry look on your face. Kennedy was kinda doing the same thing. You’ve gotta have that happy humble attitude like Kayko and Jack have, even more so if you’re a woman. 

I thought Ajii was overrated so I’m not sad to see him go. 

Edited by Carrie_On
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

Ajii was making the same mistake Lucy Love made last year tonight. You can’t come out with that angry look on your face. Kennedy was kinda doing the same thing. You’ve gotta have that happy humble attitude like Kayko and Jack have, even more so if you’re a woman. 

I thought Ajii was overrated so I’m not sad to see him go. 

Kennedy was mean muggin knowing she has to go back to her job at the funeral home after her scandal. 💀

• Haha 1