American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

10 minutes ago, Anythingcanhappen said:

Kennedy was mean muggin knowing she has to go back to her job at the funeral home after her scandal. 💀

Maybe she and Jean Ann can open up a new funeral home. 

Edited by Carrie_On
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, wildestinvegas said:

instagram has abi and kb leading the pack w a comfortable lead and the bottom 10 being quintavious, nya, aiji, jennifer, jordan, odell, jayna, mackenzie, julia and kennedy. 

instagram data got 9/10 of the bottom 10 right. julia was the outlier there. so switch her w roman and they would’ve gotten 10/10. kinda shocked roman didn’t make it thru voting when his stats on all social media plataforms were pretty strong. 

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RTV said:

IDF sometimes forgets how important likability and humility are on these shows. Triston comes across as likable, humble, and grateful. He also has the advantages of backstory and being a teenager to go along with his talent.

Conversely, Kennedy's vocal and edit weren't amazing last night.

Kennedy is 19th on TVLine's poll for which of the 20 singers belong in the Top 14, while Triston is third. She's first on the MJsBigBlog poll for who is going home, and she's last on the favorite performance poll.

You arent wrong, but I dont think most of us forget. It's just not high on our priority list compared to actual performance quality.

Edited by Hsamid

lol why do i feel like Mia could be the last woman standing now? i feel like the other girlies will continue to become more polarizing across the season, but Mia has been on an upwards trajectory as well as consistent. 

obviously, we have 7 rounds of performances (including finale) between now and the winner being crowned so a LOT could change still. just something to think about i suppose. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, m1key said:

lol why do i feel like Mia could be the last woman standing now? i feel like the other girlies will continue to become more polarizing across the season, but Mia has been on an upwards trajectory as well as consistent. 

obviously, we have 7 rounds of performances (including finale) between now and the winner being crowned so a LOT could change still. just something to think about i suppose. 

Mia, Mckenna, K.B., Julia, or Abi.

I'm good as long as one of them WINS. :lolwave:

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Emmyfan said:

If anyone thinks someone other then Will or Tristan will win is just hoping IMO

there is nothing convincing me that they currently have that level of dominance though. perhaps that will change soon, now that there are less people and their lead over others may become more pronounced. but as far as my opinion goes today, they are not locked into winning. 

Edited by m1key
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Emmyfan said:

If anyone thinks someone other then Will or Tristan will win is just hoping IMO

hmm.

At least Tristan would be unique in being the youngest and of Native American heritage... imo

23 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I'm posting the Facebook view/like ratios, since simply looking at the number of likes on a 3 hour episode, with no live voting is likley to be wildly misleading. I'm not necessarily saying this is perfect, but I doubt many will be surprised by these. It still doesn't fully take into account the disadvantage of performing early with no live voting.

(90 minutes post-show)

Will 10.4

Triston 11

McKenna 13.3

Kayko 13.5

Abi 14.7

Odell 15.1

Roman 16.1

Jack 16.6

Julia 16.6

Emmy 16.6

KB 17.3

Quintavious 18.6

Mia 18.7

Jayna 19

Ajii 20.6

Nya 21.6

Kennedy 22.5

Jordan 25.6

Mackenzie 26.6

Jennifer 30.2

The ratios were also reasonably accurate, as long as you view the numbers with the understanding that small differences aren't statistically significant. The top 5 had the votes, and bottom 7 did not.

I'm going to post the ratios for tonight's performances in a bit.

• Like 1

It's not a voting round, but here are tonight's FB react:

Triston 3.5k

Mia 3.3k

Will 3k

Kaylo 2.8k

Emmy 2.6k

KB 2.3k

McKenna 1.9k

Jack 1.7k

Julia 1.7k

Abi 1.4k

Roman 1.1k

Nya 760

Jordan 610

Jayna 517

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here are how the Top 5 in FB reacts compare in Google Trends (I am on MDT):

xga1So.jpg

Emmy has the highest peak but not the longest sustained activity. Kayko and Mia appear to have the most sustained activity. I personally do not believe Emmy will win this competition.

Edited by MalwareDie

Facebook view/like ratios for T14 reveal performances:

(about 2 hours post-show)

Will 11.6

Triston 12.3

Roman 15.3

Julia 17.4

KB 19.2

Jack 20

Mia 20

Kayko 20.8

Emmy 22.6

Abi 23.9

Mckenna 25

Jordan 28

Nya 28.6

Jayna 29.7

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Facebook view/like ratios for T14 reveal performances:

(about 2 hours post-show)

Will 11.6

Triston 12.3

Roman 15.3

Julia 17.4

KB 19.2

Jack 20

Mia 20

Kayko 20.8

Emmy 22.6

Abi 23.9

Mckenna 25

Jordan 28

Nya 28.6

Jayna 29.7

You should consider splitting the ones who advanced directly through votes and the WCs since the WC performances were posted last.

7 minutes ago, MalwareDie said:

You should consider splitting the ones who advanced directly through votes and the WCs since the WC performances were posted last.

I’m sure that affects the raw data, for sure. Tonight, they posted 3 of them very early, and held off until very late in the show to post the rest. They’re trying to get people to stream, rather than just follow the results on Facebook. Considering that, I’d rather look at Mia’s, Jack’s, and McKenna’s ratios than their total number of reacts or views, since theirs were posted long before the others. The timing shouldn’t affect the ratios. 

Edited by TeamAudra

ooh Abi 😬 i'm not worried, but i knew that performance wasn't going to go over too positively with Minivan. she performed it well but it was just an odd song choice for her. 

4 minutes ago, m1key said:

ooh Abi 😬 i'm not worried, but i knew that performance wasn't going to go over too positively with Minivan. she performed it well but it was just an odd song choice for her. 

It just shows how fickle minivan can be. Last night, it was difficult to find a negative comment under her performance. There are quite a few of those under this one, however. 

4 minutes ago, ptebwwong said:

Question: The voting last night did not open until after the show. Did this impact or change the results & the Top 10 that was voted through or did it not matter?

Maybe it did. Perhaps Roman would have advanced if voting opened at the start of the show and would have made it over Julia, who gave a lousy performance.

5 minutes ago, ptebwwong said:

Question: The voting last night did not open until after the show. Did this impact or change the results & the Top 10 that was voted through or did it not matter?

Probably not as much as I thought it would, but there’s no way to know for sure. What if Julia had been in the #2 spot? 

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Probably not as much as I thought it would, but there’s no way to know for sure. What if Julia had been in the #2 spot? 

She would've been 100% donezo with that kind of performance. The pimp spot literally saved her.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MalwareDie said:

Maybe it did. Perhaps Roman would have advanced if voting opened at the start of the show and would have made it over Julia, who gave a lousy performance.

I was thinking Roman, too.

Bit shocked judges chose jordan over mackenzie. But I had a strong feeling it was going to be obe of the two. Tbf I felt Jordan had a good performance last night his best yet. I think Jordan needs to do more upbeat songs

Edited by Meme123