American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

FWIW, I’m usually right there, along with you all…anti-country male, sweating the Facebook numbers every week, hoping granny approved of my snowflake’s performance. This has been an interesting social experiment so far. The AI forum is far more hard core than The Voice forum. Will would probably have a few more fans over there. Here, it’s just me and one other person. :haha:

Just know that I don’t really care who wins this show. I’m only here because I’m bored with The Voice, and committed to a full season of AI. So far, I actually prefer this show. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

FWIW, I’m usually right there, along with you all…anti-country male, sweating the Facebook numbers every week, hoping granny approved of my snowflake’s performance. This has been an interesting social experiment so far. The AI forum is far more hard core than The Voice forum. Will would probably have a few more fans over there. Here, it’s just me and one other person. :haha:

Just know that I don’t really care who wins this show. I’m only here because I’m bored with The Voice, and committed to a full season of AI. So far, I actually prefer this show. 

The Voice has produced more female winners which means less intense backlash. The 3 most recent female winners are Gina in 2023, GNT in 2021 (i count it since Bekah did the heavy lifting imo), and Maelyn in 2019. Not to mention Maelyn concluded a run of four consecutive female winners.

Idol's most recent female winners are Just Sam in 2020 (who most people discount due to the pandemic + weird finale format), Maddie Poppe in 2018, and.... Candice Glover in 2013 (who people also discount because the season was rigged for a woman to win) 💀 

I just need Idol to check the box of having another female winner! I am someone who primarily listens to women in music so that representation is important to me. I'll also be able to enjoy the show more tbh when I'm not stressing about "does this woman have enough minivan appeal to do well? is it worth it to invest in her?" 

• Like 3

I just hope the contestants will avoid singing one of Adele's songs for Billboard Number 1 Hits night at all costs, especially given that there is going to be an Adele theme night in a couple of weeks. Also, if one of them has to sing a Katy Perry song, I just hope that he/she will sing the heck out of it.

6 hours ago, m1key said:

The Voice has produced more female winners which means less intense backlash. The 3 most recent female winners are Gina in 2023, GNT in 2021 (i count it since Bekah did the heavy lifting imo), and Maelyn in 2019. Not to mention Maelyn concluded a run of four consecutive female winners.

Idol's most recent female winners are Just Sam in 2020 (who most people discount due to the pandemic + weird finale format), Maddie Poppe in 2018, and.... Candice Glover in 2013 (who people also discount because the season was rigged for a woman to win) 💀 

I just need Idol to check the box of having another female winner! I am someone who primarily listens to women in music so that representation is important to me. I'll also be able to enjoy the show more tbh when I'm not stressing about "does this woman have enough minivan appeal to do well? is it worth it to invest in her?" 

I believe the other show would have a lot less female winners if it wasn’t for the team format. They vote for the coach, and the contestants are left with the false impression that they have a viable fanbase. At least on AI, it’s 100% a vote for the contestant. This is a big reason why AI contestants have had more post-show success, and it doesn’t appear as though winning increases the odds as of late. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, m1key said:

Personally I stopped caring about who actually wins a long time ago since in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter. All I hope for is for the people I like to last as long as possible so I can enjoy all of their performances. So in an ideal world they make the finale and then whatever happens happens. Although none of my favorites have even made it to the finale so I haven't finished a full season of Idol yet. :dead:

Edited by QueenKalie
  • Like 2

Here are the Facebook mentions on this top 14 post. 

Triston 19

Will 16

Abi 10

Julia 9

Jack 7

Mia 7

Emmy 7

Roman 6

Kayko 4

Mckenna 4

KB 4

Jayna 3 

Jordan 0

Nya 0

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0rLRtfVnZDK5DWkAtKGbeBN8vQahcjFzoAYn4vFrT5XBRXFV7wwaJEk1SpfPb7Vswl&id=100044305365611

Roman is the most likely of the wildcards to make it to the top 10. 

Edited by TeamAudra

18 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Here are the Facebook mentions on this top 14 post. 

Triston 19

Will 16

Abi 10

Julia 9

Jack 7

Mia 7

Emmy 7

Roman 6

Kayko 4

Mckenna 4

KB 4

Jayna 3 

Jordan 0

Nya 0

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0rLRtfVnZDK5DWkAtKGbeBN8vQahcjFzoAYn4vFrT5XBRXFV7wwaJEk1SpfPb7Vswl&id=100044305365611

Roman is the most likely of the wildcards to make it to the top 10. 

For comparison, here is the one I did the morning after their top 20 performances. There’s certainly a margin of error, but it seems reasonably consistent. I’m going to keep doing these for a while, and see if the pattern continues. There may be shifts over time, depending on performance quality, song choices, etc. 

Facebook mentions from the “Vote Now” post. 

Positive mentions only. 

Will 51

Triston 43

Abi 29

Kayko 23

McKenna 20

Julia 18

KB 17

Emmy 16

Mia 15

Odell 15

Jack 10

Roman 10

Quintavious 10

Mackenzie 7

Jayna 7

Kennedy 6

Jennifer 5

Jordan 5

Ajii 4

Nya 3 

Top 5 here are also the top 5 for the v/r ratios, although not in exactly the same order. 

Most of those in the bottom here are also on the bottom for the v/r ratios. 

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It says on the AI IG story, the top 10 will be revealed on Monday. I thought it was mentioned that only two will go home this week? 

American Idol has live coast-to-coast shows with live votes at the finals stage, so two contestants will go home both on Sunday (cut to 12) and Monday (cut to 10).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MalwareDie said:

American Idol has live coast-to-coast shows with live votes at the finals stage, so two contestants will go home both on Sunday (cut to 12) and Monday (cut to 10).

OK, thanks. 

Who does live voting potentially help/hurt, based on their home states? 

Help: Triston, Will, Mia, Jack, Emmy, Kayko, Julio, Jayna, Nya 

Hurt: Abi, KB, McKenna, Roman

International, doesn’t matter: Jordan 

Edited by TeamAudra

34 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Who does live voting potentially help/hurt, based on their home states? 

Help: Triston, Will, Mia, Jack, Emmy, Kayko, Julio, Jayna, Nya 

Hurt: Abi, KB, McKenna, Roman

International, doesn’t matter: Jordan 

It's just going to be 2 of the 4 wildcards so it's whatever. But the interesting thing about live voting is that going early isn't a bad thing. Realistically you don't want to go last for it. Although they usually put someone there who isn't going to go home no matter what the order is last.

16 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

It's just going to be 2 of the 4 wildcards so it's whatever. But the interesting thing about live voting is that going early isn't a bad thing. Realistically you don't want to go last for it. Although they usually put someone there who isn't going to go home no matter what the order is last.

For this round, I don’t expect it to be a factor, but it could be later on. 

i was looking at Kayko's reddit page (since his account is all over that site 🙄) and i found that he shaded us (IDF), seemingly calling us idiots 💀 

it's giving Alyssa Witrado and imma leave it at that.

Edited by m1key
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, m1key said:

i was looking at Kayko's reddit page (since his account is all over that site 🙄) and i found that he shaded us (IDF), seemingly calling us idiots 💀 

Imagine going on reddit of all places and posting that. :dead:

15 minutes ago, m1key said:

I don’t have a problem with it. 🤷‍♂️ 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, m1key said:

That's actually funny :rofl:

He's just salty that he isn't a fave tho-

• Haha 7

8 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Imagine going on reddit of all places and posting that. :dead:

i mean reddit is the Kayko stan echochamber so he probably feels comfortable posting whatever, knowing his stans will upvote/respond regardless. 

i dont really care + i think it's funny lol, it just shows immaturity on his part imo. 

Edited by m1key
  • Like 2

Just now, m1key said:

i mean reddit is the Kayko stan echochamber so he probably feels comfortable posting whatever, knowing his stans will upvote/respond regardless. 

i dont really care + i think it's funny lol, it just shows a immaturity on his part imo. 

Oh I don't care either but I'm still going to shade him for it. :dead:

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, m1key said:

i dont really care + i think it's funny lol, it just shows immaturity on his part imo. 

lurker here but it’s funny that you call that immaturity when you were the first one to continuously defend alyssa raghu’s extremely immature audition. the bias is showing.

top 10 predictions

females

1 mckenna

2 mia

3 kb

4 abi

5 emmy

6 julia

males

7 triston

8 will

9 jack

10 roman or jordan

i think jayna and nya are two of the best singers technically of the remaining contestants but according to last weeks voting i don’t really see them making it through. maybe they’ll be standouts this week which could potentially take julia, jordan, or emmy out. do we know song choices yet?