American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

Just now, TeamAudra said:

The fact is, this forum is total trash. I mean, literally the worst. That’s why I’m giving Kayko a pass on this, and I’m no fan. 

I shade this place all the time because meh why not but there are way worse places. Reddit, Facebook etc.

25 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

The fact is, this forum is total trash. I mean, literally the worst. That’s why I’m giving Kayko a pass on this, and I’m no fan. 

Damn, didn't take you for a masochist 

Edit: nvm who am I kidding, I think all of us here are to some extent..

Edited by Hsamid

2 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Kayko is lucky the AI reddit subforum loves him. They are no better than us when it comes to contestants they don't like, and it's probably even worse given the amount of users there compared to here.

That being said, I have no issues with Kayko shading us. We can be pretty harsh, and without anything positive to say to balance it out. (myself included). 

Where did Kayko shade us? Mustve missed that.  

Edited by hazuki

Redoing the v/l ratios now that there’s more data. 

Will 13.7

Triston 14.7

Roman 17.3

Jack 18

Julia 18.4

Abi 19

Jayna 19.3

KB 19.5

Mia 20.7

Emmy 21.8

Kayko 24.8

Mckenna 31.8

Triston is 100% winning. Big raw numbers, great ratio. 

Will and Triston have topped the v/l ranking every time I’ve run the numbers for the past 3 rounds. 

Mckenna needs to bounce back in a big way. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I shade this place all the time because meh why not but there are way worse places. Reddit, Facebook etc.

I don’t read Reddit. Facebook is also a disaster, but I think the percentage of negative comments is actually much higher here. :P Facebook just has a lot more people commenting. 

16 minutes ago, hazuki said:

Where did Kayko shade us? Mustve missed that.  

Someone on reddit commented if they were the idiots Lionel was referring to.

Kayko replied it was IDF.

Honestly not a big deal. Got a chuckle out of me, and he too could have been joking, though probably not lol. 

1 minute ago, Hsamid said:

Honestly not a big deal. Got a chuckle out of me, and he too could have been joking, though probably not lol. 

Mia would never!!! 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

not to discount certain behaviors that occur on IDF (on both The Voice and Idol sides) because i do acknowledge that this forum has it's issues, but i consider it to be *by far* the least problematic and toxic community i am a part of online.

maybe it's just because i'm used to much more intense and toxic discourse on other platforms (Twitter, Reddit, Discord), but i have always found the discourse here to be pretty respectful and open-minded (though definitely honest!) 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, m1key said:

not to discount certain behaviors that occur on IDF (on both The Voice and Idol sides) because i do acknowledge that this forum has it's issues, but i consider it to be *by far* the least problematic and toxic community i am a part of online.

maybe it's just because i'm used to much more intense and toxic discourse on other platforms (Twitter, Reddit, Discord), but i have always found the discourse here to be pretty respectful and open-minded (though definitely honest!) 

Is there a good American Idol discord server? 

23 minutes ago, m1key said:

I do agree that the percentage of negative comments on here is higher. But it's almost always strictly performance related. The community is small enough that anything out of line is dealt with by Istersay.

Unlike Instagram, YouTube and even fb to a lesser extent. Idk if you are watching the voice, but there's a contestant named Asher havon, and a noticeable amount of comments on his KO were about his looks...

Heck, even KB this season when she stopped mid performance, a few people from other sites were questioning the authenticity of that moment. People were criticizing it on here, but it was because of how it affected the performance.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Is there a good American Idol discord server? 

not as far as i know (tho that would be cool!), i was mainly referring to other fandoms im a part of on discord

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hsamid said:

wait thats actually kinda funny lol

voting banners on facebook:

1. abi - 4.1k likes. 1.3k comments.

2. triston - 4.1k likes. 700sh comments

3. kabrienne - 2.8k likes. 400sh comments

4. emmy - 2.4k likes. 600sh comments

5. will - 2.4k likes. 400sh comments

6. jack - 1.9k likes. 400sh comments

7. mia - 1.9k likes. 300sh comments

8. julia - 1.5k likes. 300sh comments

9. roman - 1.1k likes. 300sh comments

10. mckenna - 1k likes. 300sh comments

11. kayko - 1k likes. 300sh comments

12. jayna - 830 likes. 100sh comments

amazing night for abi. whew. confident she might make final 2. 

• Like 3

on instagram, the performances videos got posted w a short spam between each other. they did all of them in less than 1h while facebook took over two hours to post them all. the ranking there: 

1. abi - 17.3k likes. 280k views. 

2. kaibrienne - 12.3k likes. 200k views.

3. triston - 9k likes. 127k views.

4. jayna - 8.1k likes. 111k views.

5. emmy - 6.8k likes. 148k views. 

6. jack - 5.8k likes. 88k views 

7. will - 5.7k likes. 74k views.

8. julia - 5.7k. 92k views. 

9. kayko - 5.6k likes. 102k views.

10. roman - 5.1k likes. 76k views.

11. mckenna - 4.8k likes. 108k views. 

12. mia - 3k likes. 56k views.

if we’re taking samples from all social media plataforms, i think i’m ready to predict a abi/triston/kb/will final 4 with jack/emmy competing for the 5th spot. obviously a lot can change but that would be a safe prediction as of right now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hsamid said:

I do agree that the percentage of negative comments on here is higher. But it's almost always strictly performance related. The community is small enough that anything out of line is dealt with by Istersay.

Unlike Instagram, YouTube and even fb to a lesser extent. Idk if you are watching the voice, but there's a contestant named Asher havon, and a noticeable amount of comments on his KO were about his looks...

Heck, even KB this season when she stopped mid performance, a few people from other sites were questioning the authenticity of that moment. People were criticizing it on here, but it was because of how it affected the performance.

I'll just say this. This is one of the few places where i know i don't have the risk to encounter an homophobic/transphobic/fatphobic comment every five minutes. And even if i find one, i know most people won't agree with it (or at least the ones that do will keep their mouths shut because they of course won't want to be banned) and i know i can report it to a mod and it's gonna dissappear a few hours later. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

Let’s go KB 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

I'm taking a risk and predicting McKenna to go home with Jayna. I don't think viewers will be so forgiving of McKenna being sick two nights in a row and giving mediocre performances.

Edited by MalwareDie

50 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

I’ve been saying that Abi will make the finale for some time, and this gives me more confidence that she will.

55 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

on instagram, the performances videos got posted w a short spam between each other. they did all of them in less than 1h while facebook took over two hours to post them all. the ranking there: 

1. abi - 17.3k likes. 280k views. 

2. kaibrienne - 12.3k likes. 200k views.

3. triston - 9k likes. 127k views.

4. jayna - 8.1k likes. 111k views.

5. emmy - 6.8k likes. 148k views. 

6. jack - 5.8k likes. 88k views 

7. will - 5.7k likes. 74k views.

8. julia - 5.7k. 92k views. 

9. kayko - 5.6k likes. 102k views.

10. roman - 5.1k likes. 76k views.

11. mckenna - 4.8k likes. 108k views. 

12. mia - 3k likes. 56k views.

if we’re taking samples from all social media plataforms, i think i’m ready to predict a abi/triston/kb/will final 4 with jack/emmy competing for the 5th spot. obviously a lot can change but that would be a safe prediction as of right now. 

I think if KB and Abi can give similar quality performances tonight as they did last night then I'm ready to lock in that top 4. The 5th spot is pretty wide open though I think.

Edited by QueenKalie

4 hours ago, m1key said:

i would be fine with him calling us out if it were in a more... classy way? like a mature social media comment or instagram story. him implying we are "idiots" on that Subreddit of all places (which has a problematic community) in an attempt to gain upvotes/laughter is immature.

either way, i'm still not 100% sure how i feel about it. as someone competing to be the next American "Idol" he is supposed to be a role model of sorts. posting a comment that makes fun of a community of fans who watch the show is not role model behavior. he should be able to shut the haters out and move on (like every other contestant has for... years), especially since there are clearly plenty of people who do enjoy what he is doing!

the thing is we aren’t classy about it either? our criticisms are often vitriolic and hyperbolic in an attempt to be funny. so why does he need to be classy? like sure maybe you could make marketability argument (i don’t think this rly applies here anyway), but from a moral standpoint i don’t think it’s an issue

also someone being the next american idol in my eyes does not mean they should be a role model. i don’t rly believe that celebrities should inform the way we live our lives in general so that extends here. i can see why the name of the show implies that but if the names of shows were meant to be taken literally 80% of the winners of the voice wouldn’t have won and Americas Got Talent would’ve gotten cancelled after the first season

• Like 1

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:

the thing is we aren’t classy about it either? our criticisms are often vitriolic and hyperbolic in an attempt to be funny. so why does he need to be classy? like sure maybe you could make marketability argument (i don’t think this rly applies here anyway), but from a moral standpoint i don’t think it’s an issue

also someone being the next american idol in my eyes does not mean they should be a role model. i don’t rly believe that celebrities should inform the way we live our lives in general so that extends here. i can see why the name of the show implies that but if the names of shows were meant to be taken literally 80% of the winners of the voice wouldn’t have won and Americas Got Talent would’ve gotten cancelled after the first season

and btw i say this with the knowledge that i say mean things too sometimes. like i could be nicer and refrain from joking about contestants skill / singing ability. so this isn’t some “i’m better than everyone bc i’m nice” i just happen to think that Kayko’s response and other responses r all very valid

i also have noticed that the respect that contestants get when “standing up” to this website differs based on how much people like them. this is not something i’ve noticed here but rather in the “the voice” subforum

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I think if KB and Abi can give similar quality performances tonight as they did last night then I'm ready to lock in that top 4. The 5th spot is pretty wide open though I think.

I think that Abi can give a similar quality performance.  Kaibrienne is the one I’m not sure about.

Just now, CarmenSandiego said:

I think that Abi can give a similar quality performance.  Kaibrienne is the one I’m not sure about.

Oh I think they both can since they just did it. :dead:  But just because you can doesn't mean you will.