American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

5 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

KB said in her live she is singing an upbeat rock song. So that's probably not a great idea. 

rock is something I would like from her actually, just hope she arranged it right + its a smart song choice. Either way she'll be fine at least for now I feel

what StarWalker said + it's important that she at least attempts to step out of her comfort zone. she will continue to get more Minivan hate for being a sad piano girl if she doesn't (same goes for Abi and McKenna tbh, I want them to experiment with a more uptempo song on Sunday or Monday). 

• Thanks 1

i’m not christian and i’m annoyed with the christian-centric nature of america but y’all r doing WAY too much re: the gospel singers. 

like i understand a personal distaste due to personal beliefs but the whole argument that there shouldn’t be more than some amount of gospel singers is so stupid to me. it’s not a niche genre; tons of r&b/soul, ccm, and even pop or country contestants started out singing gospel.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

i’m not christian and i’m annoyed with the christian-centric nature of america but y’all r doing WAY too much re: the gospel singers. 

like i understand a personal distaste due to personal beliefs but the whole argument that there shouldn’t be more than some amount of gospel singers is so stupid to me. it’s not a niche genre; tons of r&b/soul, ccm, and even pop or country contestants started out singing gospel.

I am Christian lol and I even found it to be grating. No wonder none of them were voted through by the public. One or maybe two gospel singers praising Jesus on stage is fine but when you’ve got three people doing it, it’s just too much. Roman started testifying on stage during his Top 20 performance so of course here Odell had to come and start shouting glory glory hallelujah for his wild card performance. It’s kind of like when you have a bunch of big voiced females seeing who can hit the highest note at the end of a song. Only it’s three guys seeing who can praise the loudest. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Will, on his live, said he lost his voice last week, and didn’t get it back until that last minute. 

I’m thinking the fact that he was doing lives every night, singing for 2+ hours might have had something to do with it. 🤔 That’s what he’s doing right now, too. He claims he’s doing it to get his voice back on track, whatever that means. Vocal rest might be a good idea. 

Oh wow!  If he can’t take care of his voice, he will be in trouble.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Oh wow!  If he can’t take care of his voice, he will be in trouble.

He did two lives today, singing in both of them. I don’t think he can stop. He kept saying, “last song,” but still kept taking requests. 5-6 songs later, he was still saying, “last song.”  😬 The comment about getting his voice back to where he wants it to be, made me wonder if he wasn’t at full strength this week. 

11 hours ago, Carrie_On said:

I am Christian lol and I even found it to be grating. No wonder none of them were voted through by the public. One or maybe two gospel singers praising Jesus on stage is fine but when you’ve got three people doing it, it’s just too much. Roman started testifying on stage during his Top 20 performance so of course here Odell had to come and start shouting glory glory hallelujah for his wild card performance. It’s kind of like when you have a bunch of big voiced females seeing who can hit the highest note at the end of a song. Only it’s three guys seeing who can praise the loudest. 

haha yeah, i'm a christian too and i agree

37 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

seems like kb rebranded herself to kaibrienne

Not sure why. KB Richins sounds better and more memorable to me. Also I still don't like her any more with a new name or not lol

1 minute ago, SlayLady said:

my prediction is mckenna, triston, or mia will take the W 

My prediction is either Nya, Triston, or Jordan will take the W

We will both be right. 

• Haha 9

22 minutes ago, m1key said:

https://www.instagram.com/stories/thejaynaelise/3349103242079204460/

In this video that Jayna posted you can hear a female signing what sounds like "Lose You To Love Me" in the background. Perhaps that's a song choice for Billboard #1 Hit night?

(unfortunately that is one of my least favorite number 1 hits 😭)

I'm gonna guess that's Abi or Emmy.

Edited by Carrie_On
  • Like 1

if it's Abi than that is a bad song choice for her imo. she has so much range that it feels like a waste to pick a song that pretty much goes nowhere vocally. 

it would be a better fit for Emmy both vocally and thematically (learning how to love herself + be confident). 

1 minute ago, m1key said:

if it's Abi than that is a bad song choice for her imo. she has so much range that it feels like a waste to pick a song that pretty much goes nowhere vocally. 

it would be a better fit for Emmy both vocally and thematically (learning how to love herself + be confident). 

when its actually nya whos singing it lmao

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, m1key said:

It would make sense if Abi is deliberately trying to throw the competition. I'm confident none of the Groundwork artists, Blake, KB, and Abi actually wanted/want to win the competition.

• Like 1