American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

9 hours ago, m1key said:

ooh Abi 😬 i'm not worried, but i knew that performance wasn't going to go over too positively with Minivan. she performed it well but it was just an odd song choice for her. 

Fortunately for her, she was safe so it didn’t matter.

9 minutes ago, rockerannah said:

Why is Quintavious not in the top 14? I preferred him to Roman or O'Dell. 

I had a feeling my girl Jennifer was going, and Mackenzie I can understand, but Quintavious..... ouch. :(

Unfortunately, you were in the minority.  I actually thought Quintavious would be going last week with a Carrie Underwood song, so I was surprised when he had a fine performance.  He was the least featured of the three male gospel singers, so he would have had to outperform Odell and Roman in order to move on, and he didn’t do so.

3 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Unfortunately, you were in the minority.  I actually thought Quintavious would be going last week with a Carrie Underwood song, so I was surprised when he had a fine performance.  He was the least featured of the three male gospel singers, so he would have had to outperform Odell and Roman in order to move on, and he didn’t do so.

I guess I just preferred his voice. I could listen to him sing the Carrie song and the Tori Kelly song on repeat. But I understand what you're saying for sure. 

Some iTunes numbers from this week’s performances (original songs only): 

”Gone For Good” - Will Moseley #8 all genre, #2 country 

“Girl I Am Now” - Kaibrienne #195 all

genre, #50 pop. 

Just now, wildestinvegas said:

the way rock & hall fame is almost a free theme bc theres over 400 inductees LOL hopefully no one will pull off a marybeth and do something like dancing queen tho. like you have OPTIONS.

Are they singing artists inducted into the HoF, or specific songs that are inducted?

3 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

the way rock & hall fame is almost a free theme bc theres over 400 inductees LOL hopefully no one will pull off a marybeth and do something like dancing queen tho. like you have OPTIONS.

It's a free theme, but Kayko will finally need to sing a cover. 

the annoying thing about HoF night is that is focuses on older/dated songs. i'm hoping that for Billboard #1 Hits night on Monday, contestants are encouraged to do some more modern hits to balance that out. i know it just came out but i think "we can't be friends (wait for your love)" by Ariana Grande could lend itself really well to a beautiful stripped down guitar or piano arrangement. 

hot take: i know people are looking at the r&b males in the top 20 and saying we only "needed" one but i think anyone who's an advocate for good singers doing well on this show should be a little more outraged about odell, quintavious, and maybe even mackenzie getting the cut compared to some of the people advancing this episode. here's a thought: maybe we only "needed" one guy singing country in the top 14, too. 

the voters messed up BIG TIME and the judges weren't even able to slap a band-aid big enough to make up for it. its not a surprise, but its a HUGE disappointment, especially after the voters more or less got it right with the first cuts from hawaii

Edited by peachfuz
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

Dolly Parton is in the rock and roll Hall of Fame right? That opens up a lot of choices for the country girlies.

16 minutes ago, peachfuz said:

hot take: i know people are looking at the r&b males in the top 20 and saying we only "needed" one but i think anyone who's an advocate for good singers doing well on this show should be a little more outraged about odell, quintavious, and maybe even mackenzie getting the cut compared to some of the people advancing this episode. here's a thought: maybe we only "needed" one guy singing country in the top 14, too. 

the voters messed up BIG TIME and the judges weren't even able to slap a band-aid big enough to make up for it. its not a surprise, but its a HUGE disappointment, especially after the voters more or less got it right with the first cuts from hawaii

I agree with this whole heartedly.

43 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

Yeah.  Don’t do “Dancing Queen”, or at least don’t do it the way that Marybeth did it.  If you want to do it, make it a fun dance number and pull out all the stops!  But preferably don’t do it.

31 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

artists inducted into the HOF. i hope abi does her creep cover 

If Creep was inducted, I hope she sings it too.

22 minutes ago, peachfuz said:

I partially agree — Odell at least should have gotten in as a Wildcard.  And while part of me agrees about Quintavious, I never expected him to get to the Top 14, even as a Wildcard.  But I disagree about Mackenzie.  It was his time.

Edited by CarmenSandiego

18 minutes ago, peachfuz said:

I thought all the guys were gospel singers not R&B singers? Secondly anyone that is an "advocate for good singers" should not be outraged that Mackenzie got cut. Also it's not really a hot take to say here that the top 14 only needs 1 male country singer most people here would agree with that. :dead:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I thought all the guys were gospel singers not R&B singers? Secondly anyone that is an "advocate for good singers" should not be outraged that Mackenzie got cut. Also it's not really a hot take to say here that the top 14 only needs 1 male country singer most people here would agree with that. :dead:

I agree about Mackenzie. He was one of my faves from the beginning but I am not outraged or real upset about him going because I know he wasn't the strongest singer etc. 

I would agree those 3 guys were gospel singers but there is a lot of gospel/r&b/soul singers and that is definitely how I viewed the three of them. 

1 minute ago, QueenKalie said:

the hot take is that i think odell and quintavious both getting cut is much more of a travesty for the long run of this season than i think we might realize at this point, not necessarily the country guy thing; that was more just me bitching a little but i digress. 

i only mentioned mackenzie because, in my honest opinion, if the judges REALLY wanted to have a pop singing guy in the top 14, mackenzie would've been a better pick than jordan. i would never have put mackenzie in the top 14 either way, but at least mackenzie has a stronger body of work than jordan has up to this point. it was an injustice either way, but, to me, it wasn't even an injustice that made sense. 😛

either way, i have a bad feeling about the next couple of weeks. 

• Like 1

I just don’t think we needed three gospel singers in the competition who were gonna shout “Hallelujah!” at the end of every performance. It was impactful when Roman did it on Sunday because they had just played the intro package of his dad talking about Roman surviving the coma. Odell and Quintavious were better singers than Roman but I think he was the most believable as far as “getting caught up in the spirit.” I loved Odell when he was singing songs like “Bring It On Home To Me.” Why he decided to start singing outdated Bruno Mars songs and gospel tunes, I’m not sure, but it didn’t work for him. 

As for the country guys, let’s face it. Triston is gonna be around a long time because he’s a sweet, likable fifteen-year-old who loves his mom, wears a cowboy hat, and sings country songs well. That’s like being a cross between David Archuleta and Scotty McCreery on steroids lol. 

Will is just a very solid authentic country singer-songwriter and country music is a very popular genre whether it’s your cup of tea or not. Blake Shelton would’ve crapped his pants to have Will on his team on The Voice. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

Dolly Parton is in the rock and roll Hall of Fame right? That opens up a lot of choices for the country girlies.

Country artists in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame include Dolly, Willie Nelson, & Johnny Cash. Then there are artists who have dabbled & charted in country such as Sheryl Crow, Linda Ronstadt, John Mellencamp, etc.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ptebwwong said:

Country artists in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame include Dolly, Willie Nelson, & Johnny Cash. Then there are artists who have dabbled & charted in country such as Sheryl Crow, Linda Ronstadt, John Mellencamp, etc.

Cool I thought I remembered reading an article about Dolly making it.

4 hours ago, Carrie_On said:

I just don’t think we needed three gospel singers in the competition who were gonna shout “Hallelujah!” at the end of every performance. It was impactful when Roman did it on Sunday because they had just played the intro package of his dad talking about Roman surviving the coma. Odell and Quintavious were better singers than Roman but I think he was the most believable as far as “getting caught up in the spirit.” I loved Odell when he was singing songs like “Bring It On Home To Me.” Why he decided to start singing outdated Bruno Mars songs and gospel tunes, I’m not sure, but it didn’t work for him. 

As for the country guys, let’s face it. Triston is gonna be around a long time because he’s a sweet, likable fifteen-year-old who loves his mom, wears a cowboy hat, and sings country songs well. That’s like being a cross between David Archuleta and Scotty McCreery on steroids lol. 

Will is just a very solid authentic country singer-songwriter and country music is a very popular genre whether it’s your cup of tea or not. Blake Shelton would’ve crapped his pants to have Will on his team on The Voice. 

That might explain why Odell lost, since he chose to go in a direction that didn’t really work for him.

Will, on his live, said he lost his voice last week, and didn’t get it back until that last minute. 

I’m thinking the fact that he was doing lives every night, singing for 2+ hours might have had something to do with it. 🤔 That’s what he’s doing right now, too. He claims he’s doing it to get his voice back on track, whatever that means. Vocal rest might be a good idea.