American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

11 minutes ago, m1key said:

If Abi wants to make Finale, she needs to lean more into the poppy American sweetheart singer-songwriter side of her, as opposed to the sad alt girl singer-songwriter side. I love both sides of her but the second side will not resonate with voters.

isnt the sad stuff what appeals to the audience cause of it tugging voters heartstrings? Mckenna and KB do it well

18 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

isnt the sad stuff what appeals to the audience cause of it tugging voters heartstrings? Mckenna and KB do it well

i'd say the difference is that McKenna/KB's songs are more emotional and heartfelt, whereas Abi's past two songs (Black Parade and My Mind) have a darker vibe to them? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

There's nothing wrong with sad girl stuff it's incredibly popular but McKenna and KB do it better. So you don't really wanna be the third best at it. It is a similar situation to the Roman, Odell, Quintavious. Not ideal. 

• Like 3

My only caution to Will would be song choices. Drake White is not a mainstream artist. I had never heard the song he sang last week, and I’m a country fan. It sort of has niche appeal, even though I actually like the song after checking it out further. Having said that, I don’t think Will is overly concerned about it, and I don’t see him pandering to the audience. He’s playing the long game (post-show).  

I’m not here to blow smoke up anyone’s a**.  I’ll tell you exactly what I think, even if it’s my favorite. 

• Like 2

the #teamwaffle in me is secretly hoping both Jordan/Roman somehow go home tonight, giving us a Top 12 ratio of 8F to 4M 💀 i know it is not the most likely scenario but i could see it happening if both of them flop and Jayna/Nya do especially well. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, m1key said:

the #teamwaffle in me is secretly hoping both Jordan/Roman somehow go home tonight, giving us a Top 12 ratio of 8F to 4M 💀 i know it is not the most likely scenario but i could see it happening if both of them flop and Jayna/Nya do especially well. 

As long as it's 2 of the 4 WC or if somehow Jack or Kayko flops then I'm fine with the results. 

2 hours ago, m1key said:

If Abi wants to make Finale, she needs to lean more into the poppy American sweetheart singer-songwriter side of her, as opposed to the sad alt girl singer-songwriter side. I love both sides of her but the second side will not resonate with voters.

Just wait 😉 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

I don’t think Will is overly concerned about it, and I don’t see him pandering to the audience. He’s playing the long game (post-show).

I agree that Will is mainly concerned about the long game, but I also think he'd like to win. He told Darcie Ortique of KATC3: "Winning would be amazing and losing would be okay. That's what I tell myself."

13 minutes ago, RTV said:

I agree that Will is mainly concerned about the long game, but I also think he'd like to win. He told Darcie Ortique of KATC3: "Winning would be amazing and losing would be okay. That's what I tell myself."

Yeah, but he’s not very aggressive about telling people to vote. In fact, He had KB on a live with him a couple weeks ago, and he was telling everyone to vote for her, and was repeatedly giving out her voting number and her TikTok username more than his own. :haha:

Jayna's arc could lowkey be giving Alyssa Raghu (S17). 

Beloved contestant who returns and makes live shows on second try. Gets picked to be a wildcard, survives the first vote post-wildcard vote, but then gets eliminated at the following one. 

• Like 2

On 4/20/2024 at 9:53 AM, TeamAudra said:

Here are the Facebook mentions on this top 14 post. 

Triston 19

Will 16

Abi 10

Julia 9

Jack 7

Mia 7

Emmy 7

Roman 6

Kayko 4

Mckenna 4

KB 4

Jayna 3 

Jordan 0

Nya 0

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0rLRtfVnZDK5DWkAtKGbeBN8vQahcjFzoAYn4vFrT5XBRXFV7wwaJEk1SpfPb7Vswl&id=100044305365611

Roman is the most likely of the wildcards to make it to the top 10. 

Note the two with zero…

6 hours ago, m1key said:

Yes she needs to have a Maddie poppe vibe to keep momentum 

On 4/15/2024 at 7:24 AM, TeamAudra said:

Facebook mentions from the “Vote Now” post. 

Positive mentions only. 

Will 51

Triston 43

Abi 29

Kayko 23

McKenna 20

Julia 18

KB 17

Emmy 16

Mia 15

Odell 15

Jack 10

Roman 10

Quintavious 10

Mackenzie 7

Jayna 7

Kennedy 6

Jennifer 5

Jordan 5

Ajii 4

Nya 3 

Top 5 here are also the top 5 for the v/r ratios, although not in exactly the same order. 

Most of those in the bottom here are also on the bottom for the v/r ratios. 

7/8 of the bottom on this one are now gone. 

Just now, Anythingcanhappen said:

Wait what is meant by mentions and can you explain what it predicts?

On Facebook, they’ll post, and ask who your favorites are, who you voted for, etc. So, I tallied the positive mentions for each contestant. Is it scientific? Nope, but all of these metrics are flawed to some degree. 

6 minutes ago, Anythingcanhappen said:

Yes she needs to have a Maddie poppe vibe to keep momentum 

seems like her performance tonight was a step onto the right direction. she’s only behind triston in likes on the facebook page and his post was posted 2 hours before hers. hers is also the post w the most comments already. that was a moment for her. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Looks like they’re gonna post the videos slowly into the night, when people won’t be awake to watch them, so it won’t tell us sh*t. 

it's because the show was fully live and they won't have the videos ready-to-go immediately after the contestants perform anymore. it will be like that for the rest of the season now. will probably be best to judge the stats after 12 hours after they are all posted. 

• Like 2

yeah during lives, it always takes time until all the videos are posted. the performances from last monday also took awhile to all get posted but the banners posts are a good indicative of how everyones performances resonated w viewers. 

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, m1key said:

it's because the show was fully live and they won't have the videos ready-to-go immediately after the contestants perform anymore. it will be like that for the rest of the season now. will probably be best to judge the stats after 12 hours after they are all posted. 

I think it’s also because they want people to watch it on TV or stream it. I know they can post them faster than they are tonight. The Voice does it all the time.