American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

The “frontrunner” most likely to need the wildcard is KB, IMO. Her comment section on Facebook is a mess. The minivan knives are out. 

I still think she’ll likely get the votes, but she’s becoming less of a frontrunner every week. 

Minivan will eventually turn on her bc she’s too pretty (if they haven’t already) lol

Just now, hazuki said:

I think Ajii is a lock for wildcard. The judges and contestants love him. Roman might make it through votes. 

Yeah, I wasn’t considering wildcards in that particular post. I think Roman deserves to go through. His biggest problem is his early performance spot. 

1 minute ago, Anythingcanhappen said:

Minivan will eventually turn on her bc she’s too pretty (if they haven’t already) lol

Mehhh, she was given an extreme tomboy edit last night with the wrestling content which gives her a masculine edge lol. She's also seen as a Daddy's girl based on her storyline.

3 minutes ago, Anythingcanhappen said:

Some just want to see more consistent vocals. Blake is the perfect minivan bait, and we all know what happened there. Even minivan has standards! 

7 minutes ago, Anythingcanhappen said:

I mean, i have only listened to her performance once, but i thought that it sounded really strained at parts. For last night standards, it was still good, but i was expecting something better from her.

1 minute ago, Gustavo527 said:

I mean, i have only listened to her performance once, but i thought that it sounded really strained at parts. For last night standards, it was still good, but i was expecting something better from her.

I hope she’s not put in a scenario where she has to “sing for her life” bc i feel like she would fall apart onstage 😭

19 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

The “frontrunner” most likely to need the wildcard is KB, IMO. Her comment section on Facebook is a mess. The minivan knives are out. 

I still think she’ll likely get the votes, but she’s becoming less of a frontrunner every week. 

Agreed.  While I think she’s safe this week, K.B. is living on borrowed time (sorry, K.B. fans).

also something I do want to say is that even if Roman/Kayko make the Top 10 tonight, i'm not sure they will end up in the actual Top 10 in 2 weeks. i predict they are not versatile enough to adapt to the themes. even if they do end up making it work, i think other contestants will gain more momentum than them. 

Edited by m1key

16 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Some just want to see more consistent vocals. Blake is the perfect minivan bait, and we all know what happened there. Even minivan has standards! 

Although irl I might fit in the general minivan demographic (I’m a 52-year old white female), I would never classify myself as part of minivan.  But I too want to see more consistent vocals from Kaibrienne.

6 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Although irl I might fit in the general minivan demographic (I’m a 52-year old white female), I would never classify myself as part of minivan.  But I too want to see more consistent vocals from Kaibrienne.

This probably applies to most people who watch the show. They understand there will be bumps in the road for the vast majority of the contestants, because what they’re doing is hard, but not week after week. 

10 minutes ago, m1key said:

also something I do want to say is that even if Roman/Kayko make the Top 10 tonight, i'm not sure they will end up in the actual Top 10 in 2 weeks. i predict they are not versatile enough to adapt to the themes. even if they do end up making it work, i think other contestants will gain more momentum than them. 

While I respect your opinion, I respectfully disagree. Music is all about making it your own. There is a large variety of music they could make their own with these themes. 

40 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

IMO KB was the potential dark horse. The frontrunners are Abi & Will.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

This probably applies to most people who watch the show. They understand there will be bumps in the road for the vast majority of the contestants, because what they’re doing is hard, but not week after week. 

Yeah.  I was willing to forgive Abi for her less-than-stellar performance in the Showstopper round because I knew that it was just a bump in the road, especially since she had bronchitis (and because she was my favorite), but had Abi continued to stumble, I might have still stuck with her but I would have known that she wouldn’t win.  Fortunately for me, she recovered nicely.  But K.B. isn’t as consistent, so I can’t forgive her as easily for her stumbles.

8 minutes ago, ptebwwong said:

IMO KB was the potential dark horse. The frontrunners are Abi & Will.

I would add Triston to that list. 

I used the word, “frontrunner” very loosely. I might even throw Emmy and McKenna in there, but I don’t think have a chance to win. 

Maybe I should have said “contender”

Edited by TeamAudra

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I would add Triston to that list. 

I used the word, “frontrunner” very loosely. I might even throw Emmy and McKenna in there, but I don’t think have a chance to win. 

I was unsure of putting Triston as a frontrunner. Even though he's not my favorite, I picked him to win this season. Prior to last night, I was still considering him as a dark horse. He did well last night that I'm considering him more of a frontrunner, but I'm still unsure about labeling him that. If there's a tier in between dark horse & frontrunner that's where I would put Triston right now.

1 minute ago, wildestinvegas said:

Yeah, I thought KB was gonna get more sympathy on facebook but the comments section are a mess rn. Lots of comments saying she should stick w theraphy instead of Idol which is like 💀 I forgot how cruel they can be. 

Her Facebook numbers are still very strong from last night, and she's getting plenty of positive comments on Youtube. Of course if she keeps screwing up in the live shows, I don't think she will make it much farther.

Just now, Mathacoo200315 said:

Anyone think they’ll announce Katy’s replacement in May during the finale?

or make us wait till summer?

They’ll wait until the last second so they can stay in the press until then. 

I never seen a season where its pretty clear unless some huge thing happens we already know the finale 3.

Triston and will are almost locks. You got males and country its a finale 2 and has been since Hawaii. But as they go there will be a 3rd and i believe it still will be Abi. You could sneak a country girl in but i doubt it. I wish you could bet some place on a trifecta of the 3 in the finale cause to me they're locks no matter what FB says.