American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

i still have will as the most likely to be in the final 2 but i will say that there’s a lot of comments on facebook and instagram wanting abi and jack to be the top 2, it’s the most “combination” i’m seeing over there, even more than “triston/will”. once it gets down to 3, i think any combination of the 3 finalists could make the top 2. i don’t really have a solid guess atp LOL 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, m1key said:

luckily they have released all the singles regardless if the contestants are eliminated! though of course that could change

They release all of the top 7 singles? 

5 minutes ago, AuntTami said:

So when do the singles usually get released?

very likely next Friday, the 17th! definitely not this Friday since they haven't done any promotion for them.

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

They release all of the top 7 singles? 

it depends on how many contestants get to actually record singles, but they do release all of them. here's recent history:

Season 21: Top 5 all released their singles during Top 3 Week

Season 20: Top 7 all released their singles during Top 5 Week

Season 19: Top 7 all released their singles during Top 4 Week

2 minutes ago, m1key said:

it depends on how many contestants get to actually record singles, but they do release all of them. here's recent history:

Season 21: Top 5 all released their singles during Top 3 Week

Season 20: Top 7 all released their singles during Top 5 Week

Season 19: Top 7 all released their singles during Top 4 Week

OK, the reason I believe they recorded them last week is the fact that they left for Florida the morning after the T7 show. Plus, Will posted this last week, which led me to believe he had just recorded something. 

I guess that’s good news for McKenna and Julia stans.  

2G16zY6.jpeg

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MILO JAY said:

Yes i agree! I can't really see her making it big because of this sadly

Most likely, none of them will make it big. Country singers seem to have an advantage, so if any of them do, it will probably be one of them. Since Triston isn’t ready, you can see where I’m going with this…

If Abi can improve her songwriting, and catch a big break, maybe she has a chance. That song she released is awful. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Most likely, none of them will make it big. Country singers seem to have an advantage, so if any of them do, it will probably be one of them. Since Triston isn’t ready, you can see where I’m going with this…

If Abi can improve her songwriting, and catch a big break, maybe she has a chance. That song she released is awful. 

it wasn't awful by any means ... just wasn't the best original ive heard - frankly none of the originals this season impressed me

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

it wasn't awful by any means ... just wasn't the best original ive heard - frankly none of the originals this season impressed me

yeah hot take maybe... but Kayko is not a good songwriter lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

off the top of my head the only originals performed on Idol that I actively return to are Leah Marlene's "Wisher to the Well" (love the Many Colors EP!!!) and Jeremiah's "Almost Heaven" tbh. 

it's not that i think all of the other originals are bad. i just feel that many of them lack replay value and i struggle with disassociating them from the context of being performed/released on Idol.

most of the time the originals are also midtempos/ballads and my playlists are very uptempo heavy. contestants need to be more encouraged to write uptempo originals since those are the songs that actually have a higher chance of becoming hits!!!

• Like 1

i've been looking through this facebook page called American Idol Fans (63.8k members) for the past 15 minutes and it is lowkey fascinating to see how Minivan discusses the show outside of the comments under performance posts 💀

they also get really unhinged on there? there is one post of a person with a smiling Karen bitmoji saying: "I'm sorry but Jack grosses me out. Homer Simpson on acid. Ick." 😭

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, m1key said:

i'm not even a Hailey hater but calling her "so much better than nearly everyone in the top 24" is an extreme exaggeration lol. if she was that much better she wouldn't have been montaged so much and eliminated at Top 24 🤷‍♂️

y'all know im usually down with the IDF it girls but i'm never really gonna see what y'all see in her tbh.

I do agree she isn't so much better than everyone else. But using her montage and elimination as a reason why she isn't doesn't make sense.

Otherwise, triston > everyone eliminated so far.

Contestants get eliminated prematurely all the time, and sometimes it has nothing to do with how good they were.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, m1key said:

off the top of my head the only originals performed on Idol that I actively return to are Leah Marlene's "Wisher to the Well" (love the Many Colors EP!!!) and Jeremiah's "Almost Heaven" tbh. 

it's not that i think all of the other originals are bad. i just feel that many of them lack replay value and i struggle with disassociating them from the context of being performed/released on Idol.

most of the time the originals are also midtempos/ballads and my playlists are very uptempo heavy. contestants need to be more encouraged to write uptempo originals since those are the songs that actually have a higher chance of becoming hits!!!

Leah’s original was reallyyy good. I should probably check out some of her music on streaming

• Like 5

13 hours ago, m1key said:

Omg same.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, m1key said:

i've been looking through this facebook page called American Idol Fans (63.8k members) for the past 15 minutes and it is lowkey fascinating to see how Minivan discusses the show outside of the comments under performance posts 💀

they also get really unhinged on there? there is one post of a person with a smiling Karen bitmoji saying: "I'm sorry but Jack grosses me out. Homer Simpson on acid. Ick." 😭

jesus, just checked this group and it’s a country sh*tfest. the audience of this show is so annoying LMAOOO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, MILO JAY said:

yeah hot take maybe... but Kayko is not a good songwriter lol

Not really a hot take (at least here lol)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, StarWalker1 said:

The originals were pretty well received by those who performed them.  The problem with singing shows is that audiences fall in like with covers of their favorite songs.  But a career doing covers in the real world?  Vegas lounge act, lol.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

The originals were pretty well received by those who performed them.  The problem with singing shows is that audiences fall in like with covers of their favorite songs.  But a career doing covers in the real world?  Vegas lounge act, lol.

Unfortunately, I have to agree that doing covers in the real world is a Vegas lounge act.  Although I do like a singer that did covers in a lounge — at Harrah’s in Atlantic City, not in Las Vegas, however.  The singer’s name is Ken McBride and he’s from Waterford, Ireland.  I think he’s doing acts in Florida now, however.

yeah obviously a career doing covers makes you a novelty cruise ship/vegas act lol. however, i do think covers are still an important part of the music industry and broadening your fanbase. for example: Olivia Rodrigo covered "Stick Season" by Noah Kahan a few months ago and it went super viral. it exposed her to a new audience because it proved that she was more than just a teen pop/rock girl. Luke Comb's cover of "Fast Car" was also one of the biggest hits of last year. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, m1key said:

yeah obviously a career doing covers makes you a novelty cruise ship/vegas act lol. however, i do think covers are still an important part of the music industry and broadening your fanbase. for example: Olivia Rodrigo covered "Stick Season" by Noah Kahan a few months ago and it went super viral. it exposed her to a new audience because it proved that she was more than just a teen pop/rock girl. Luke Comb's cover of "Fast Car" was also one of the biggest hits of last year. 

exactly like with Beyonce with jolene

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, m1key said:

But the difference is that they all have signature original music that they are well known for.

I would like to see Idol encourage more original music.  At least the contestants will have a skill set that they can build on.  Whereas the Disney theme, no matter how well someone sings it, is completely useless beyond the show. 

Edited by mytake1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, m1key said:

The definition of a cover has shifted over the years. In the early years of the industry, multiple artists would record the same song and they would often chart simultaneously. Now it’s taboo to “steal” another artist’s song and covers are usually reboots of much older songs.

Posted (edited)

last season, they revealed the songchoices for disney week via people on thursday afternooon.... i wonder if we're gonna get an early exclusive this season as well 

https://people.com/music/american-idol-disney-night-setlist-exclusive/

season 20 was revealed on the thursday before the show as well: https://d23.com/american-idol-reveals-top-10-disney-night-songs/

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, idolfan1234 said:

The results have been fairly obvious this season. Can anyone see a scenario where the finale isn't Jack, Abi and Will?

I see 3 scenarios tbh. I will NOT understimate a 15 year old country boy LOL. 

The fair one: Abi, Jack and Will making finale

The “well…” one: Abi, Will and Triston making finale

The outrageous one: All-Male finale. Will, Triston and Jack.

So I don’t really see it as straight forward tbh. Only two things would be really shocking to me: Emmy making through or Will NOT making through.

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Like 1