American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

13 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

she has a cover with her mom on youtube but it's from like when she was an early teenager. they sound pretty good together tho

We of course don't have the information to confirm whether what her father says is true, but I'm guessing if there was any time when Abi's instrument being damaged, it was in early childhood, not in her teenage years.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

she has a cover with her mom on youtube but it's from like when she was an early teenager. they sound pretty good together tho

oh wow the fact that you can hear the similarities in their tones (her mom has that EXACT signature "cry" that Abi has in her voice) + how well they blend together gave me chills tbh.

coming from a *somewhat* musical family myself, seeing generational talent in families is always really powerful to see 🥲

thank you for sharing!!

Edited by m1key
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, MalwareDie said:

Apparently, Abi's father indicated on Youtube that Abi was singing in the womb according to their obstetrician.

@wtcarter2
13 hours ago
What a great tribute! I hope your wish is granted!

Abi has had a burning desire to sing her entire life. Heck! Even before she was born! Our obstetrician, who had delivered thousands of babies, took off his headphones during Abi's sonogram and said "I've heard everything, but I've never heard this. Your daughter is SINGING!"

Abi comes from a singing family. Her parents and grandparents include several amateur singers, choir directors, and piano players (church mostly). Mom has a beautiful voice and was singing constantly while Abi was in gestation. We watched American Idol together when it debuted in 2002. Abi was listening and learning and was born a month later. American Idol became a staple in our home for years to come.

But pushing all that amniotic fluid around did a number on Abi's vocal cords! Early on, it wasn't apparent that she would ever have an angelic voice. But she kept singing and had AMAZING control. I told her: "You have a broken instrument, but you play it beautifully!"

Well, thank God, that instrument ain't broken anymore!

I love that story!  Thanks for sharing it with us!

Okay, so it’s probably not a surprise to anyone but I am Abi’s real Aunt. The story about Abi singing in the womb is true and is super cool to hear her mom Andrea talk about. She did share the story with everyone at Abi’s platinum reveal but it didn’t air on the show. Her mom Andrea was and is also exceptionally talented. She was studying music in college when she dropped out to be a stay at home mom. She always sang with and around the kids and as someone who has known Abi her whole life and Andrea since her teens, there are a lot of similarities. Andrea though struggles with stage fright and what’s extra sweet about the mentioned video is that it was an audition Abi and Andrea did for a local singing competition. Abi had previously done the competition by herself and done well, but that year she wanted to do it with her mom to help Andrea gain confidence on stage. They won the competition that year. Their bond is incredible and makes my heart so happy!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, AuntTami said:

Okay, so it’s probably not a surprise to anyone but I am Abi’s real Aunt. The story about Abi singing in the womb is true and is super cool to hear her mom Andrea talk about. She did share the story with everyone at Abi’s platinum reveal but it didn’t air on the show. Her mom Andrea was and is also exceptionally talented. She was studying music in college when she dropped out to be a stay at home mom. She always sang with and around the kids and as someone who has known Abi her whole life and Andrea since her teens, there are a lot of similarities. Andrea though struggles with stage fright and what’s extra sweet about the mentioned video is that it was an audition Abi and Andrea did for a local singing competition. Abi had previously done the competition by herself and done well, but that year she wanted to do it with her mom to help Andrea gain confidence on stage. They won the competition that year. Their bond is incredible and makes my heart so happy!

thats such a beautiful story! love it and happy that they won! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, AuntTami said:

that's an amazing and heartwarming story - sounds like y'all have a very loving family ❤️ 

just want to say congrats on surviving a full season on Idolforums amongst us crazy superfans! i don't think we've had any family members of contestants from either The Voice/Idol post on here before?

the dynamic of being one of Abi's loved ones, while the rest of us are just watching her from afar, must have been hard to battle while commenting on this forum (especially back during that time period where we all thought she was quitting due to the song release stuff lol).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, m1key said:

that's an amazing and heartwarming story - sounds like y'all have a very loving family ❤️ 

just want to say congrats on surviving a full season on Idolforums amongst us crazy superfans! i don't think we've had any family members of contestants from either The Voice/Idol post on here before?

the dynamic of being one of Abi's loved ones, while the rest of us are just watching her from afar, must have been hard to battle while commenting on this forum (especially back during that time period where we all thought she was quitting due to the song release stuff lol).

Not going to lie, but at times it has been hard. On the other hand though, I can’t thank this community enough for teaching me all about AI. I hadn’t watch for a few years so  there was so much I didn’t know. You all are great!

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, AuntTami said:

Not going to lie, but at times it has been hard. On the other hand though, I can’t thank this community enough for teaching me all about AI. I hadn’t watch for a few years so  there was so much I didn’t know. You all are great!

You’re welcome.  I’m happy to teach a family member of a contestant on the show all about American Idol — especially if the contestant is a favorite of mine!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Do we know the finale schedule already?

The themes for it have been all over the board for the ABC seasons.

Season 16: Winner singles (Round 1), Reprise (Round 2), Hometown dedication (Round 3)

Season 17: Free Choice (Round 1), Hometown dedication (Round 2), 

Season 18: Songs to celebrate (Round 1), Reprise (Round 2)

Season 19: Judge’s pick (Round 1), Free Choice (Round 2), Reprise (Round 3)

Season 20: Bruce Springsteen discography (Round 1), Winner singles (Round 2), Reprises (Round 3) 

Season 21: Keith Urban’s discography (Round 1), Hometown dedication (Round 2), Winner singles (Round 3)

Edited by wildestinvegas

9 hours ago, wildestinvegas said:

Season 16: Winner singles (Round 1), Reprise (Round 2), Hometown dedication (Round 3)

Season 17: Free Choice (Round 1), Hometown dedication (Round 2), 

Season 18: Songs to celebrate (Round 1), Reprise (Round 2)

Season 19: Judge’s pick (Round 1), Free Choice (Round 2), Reprise (Round 3)

Season 20: Bruce Springsteen discography (Round 1), Winner singles (Round 2), Reprises (Round 3) 

Season 21: Keith Urban’s discography (Round 1), Hometown dedication (Round 2), Winner singles (Round 3)

Since Bon Jovi will be the mentor for the finale, I’m guessing that his songs will be sung in the finale.  After that, I think we’ll have to wait until the Final 3 are revealed in order to find out.

1 hour ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Since Bon Jovi will be the mentor for the finale, I’m guessing that his songs will be sung in the finale.  After that, I think we’ll have to wait until the Final 3 are revealed in order to find out.

A Bon Jovi theme would be interesting. My suggestions would be:

Abi: Always

Emmy: No idea what to suggest tbh

Jack: Runaway

Triston: Wanted Dead or Alivr (lol just bc he or will are totally gonna do that one)

Will: Blaze Of Glory

But we’re obviously gonna get “Livin’ on Prayer” and “You Give Love a Bad Name”. 

4 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

Triston: Wanted Dead or Alivr (lol just bc he or will are totally gonna do that one)

But we’re obviously gonna get “Livin’ on Prayer” and “You Give Love a Bad Name”. 

If there is a Bon Jovi theme, Will and Triston will be fighting over “Who Says You Can’t Go Home”. If it’s only one of them left, that’s the pick.

5 hours ago, wildestinvegas said:

could see abi do a piano version of YGLABN like jax did a few seasons back

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, StarWalker1 said:

could see abi do a piano version of YGLABN like jax did a few seasons back

If When She Loved Me is one of Abi's choices, that's the one that will be on piano in my opinion. For better or worse, the judges have been really encouraging Abi to get off the piano, so she will almost certainly attempting to work the stage on one of her songs.

Hopefully, whatever song choice Abi had landed on has enough for a vocal showcase that is closer to Bring Me To Life than My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark.

Edited by MalwareDie
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, wildestinvegas said:

They confirmed one of the themes is Bon Jovi during the Top 14 episode.

My guess is that all three will do both Bon Jovi and Open Choice or Reprise, and then after they do the elimination, the final two will do their winning singles.

Personally, I'd prefer if they do their singles at the Top 5 since they all record them. Plus it's weird to have the F2 do their singles only to turn around and have the winner perform it again like 10-15 minutes later. :haha:

Edited by Elliott
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MILO JAY said:

Hailey's song if she made it... SO SAD she is so much better than nearly everyone in the top 24. just bad song choice that ruined her. i'll never be over this. https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6uQxiLO8fU/?igsh=ZndhdDZvNXp4YmVn

i'm not even a Hailey hater but calling her "so much better than nearly everyone in the top 24" is an extreme exaggeration lol. if she was that much better she wouldn't have been montaged so much and eliminated at Top 24 🤷‍♂️

y'all know im usually down with the IDF it girls but i'm never really gonna see what y'all see in her tbh.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, m1key said:

i'm not even a Hailey hater but calling her "so much better than nearly everyone in the top 24" is an extreme exaggeration lol. if she was that much better she wouldn't have been montaged so much and eliminated at Top 24 🤷‍♂️

y'all know im usually down with the IDF it girls but i'm never really gonna see what y'all see in her tbh.

I do know this…she’s a much better singer than KB, McKenna, and Triston. 

Forgot about Emmy. She’s better than her too. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 3

I think they already recorded the originals last week, which means the two eliminated in the T7 would have recorded one that will never be released. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

and Will and Jack and Emmy and Mia and Jordan and Kayko and Elleigh and Makenzie and Kblocks and Jennifer and Aiji and Roman. Lol kinda joking but i feel like she is better than all these people lol @m1key

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

i agree with you! she is a talented vocalist and thats why she made Top 5 on The Voice. she just did not have enough complexities or depth to her artistry compared to the contestants above which is why it didn't work out for her on Idol.

i think with time she will find more interesting ways to experiment with her voice.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I think they already recorded the originals last week, which means the two eliminated in the T7 would have recorded one that will never be released. 

luckily they have released all the singles regardless if the contestants are eliminated! though of course that could change

2 minutes ago, m1key said:

i agree with you! she is a talented vocalist and thats why she made Top 5 on The Voice. she just did not have enough complexities or depth to her artistry compared to the contestants above which is why it didn't work out for her on Idol.

i think with time she will find more interesting ways to experiment with her voice.

Yes i agree! I can't really see her making it big because of this sadly

7 minutes ago, m1key said:

luckily they have released all the singles regardless if the contestants are eliminated! though of course that could change

So when do the singles usually get released?