American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

2 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

i thought minivan had liked that performance since from the “voting banners” it ended up being the most liked of the night. but now that the videos have been posted it’s not doing that well so idk. 

He definitely has a fanbase that isn’t budging no matter what he does, but I think it’s dwindling. The question will be whether it’s enough to keep him out of the top 3. 

Then we have Emmy, who usually has one of the worst ratios, and negative comments, but a lot of views all over social media. Does she potentially have enough people voting for her to overcome the mixed reactions to her performances? I don’t know, but it wouldn’t shock me. 

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

He definitely has a fanbase that isn’t budging no matter what he does, but I think it’s dwindling. The question will be whether it’s enough to keep him out of the top 3. 

Then we have Emmy, who usually has one of the worst ratios, and negative comments, but a lot of views all over social media. Does she potentially have enough people voting for her to overcome the mixed reactions to her performances? I don’t know, but it wouldn’t shock me. 

I feel comfortable penciling in Will and Abi in the top 3. But I think you can make a strong case for any of the other 3 being the third choice. Jack, Emmy, Triston being in the top 3 wouldn't surprise me at all.

2 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

not if triston keeps performing like this ... abi and jack are on his neck

Yeah, Triston has by far the lowest FB reacts for dance songs and is barely ahead of Emmy for Adele round for second lowest. Triston is probably leaving next week.

1 hour ago, Emmyfan said:

I know from the other thread you're a Emmy hater and that is fine. And its how i feel not her so don't bash Emmy with your hate because i feel that way but feel  free to hate on me i understand everyone sees things in there own way.

I don't hate Emmy at all and I'm sorry if my comments were too harsh. I do think she's a talented musician (I liked all the original songs she performed) but I just don't think her talents are right for Idol which is more about singing and performing ability, especially once it gets to the themed weeks. 

• Like 5

In another thread, I predicted Triston to win. Not my favorite, but at the time I thought due to his backstory, comes off more mature than his age, country, etc. would be well liked by the audience. However, due to recent performances I don't think he'll win anymore. 

4 minutes ago, BrokenHearted said:

I don't hate Emmy at all and I'm sorry if my comments were too harsh. I do think she's a talented musician (I liked all the original songs she performed) but I just don't think her talents are right for Idol which is more about singing and performing ability, especially once it gets to the themed weeks. 

While I never thought you or anyone here hated Emmy this particular statement just isn't accurate. AI has never been about singing or performance ability. It's about creating a star.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ronfaujr said:

Told yah! Its Will and Triston final, everyone else is fighting for 3rd spot 🤣

The way these last performances have been going it wouldn't surprise me if Jack is in the Top 3. Also, wouldn't be surprised if Triston isn't in the Top 3.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

While I never thought you or anyone here hated Emmy this particular statement just isn't accurate. AI has never been about singing or performance ability. It's about creating a star.

While Idol has always said it is about creating a star, it usually doesn't happen. I don't know how much of the voters or Idol fans really think its creating a star. I think most are just trying to support who they like. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, m1key said:

i do agree that Abi is the most pimped at this point but i don't really see what the issue is since she is deserving of it and it's not being shoved down our throats like it was with Iam? but tbh, after this episode, i really am questioning if it's realistic to even be delusional that she will win. i feel like she has now become way too risque for Minivan - on paper they should hate her Fall Out Boy performance (sexy outfit, loud vocals, rock song, etc). 

at the beginning of the competition i saw shades of the typical "girl-next-door" female winner arc. she's been getting really experimental lately which i love for my own personal listening, but not sure it's the most strategic. she's giving me more Jena Irene, Angie Miller, and Leah Marlene vibes than female winner. idk. i feel like she still has a chance but she really has to appeal to Minivan for the next two weeks (another "Oceans" moment). 

Yeah, i agree with what you said. But now i'm imagining how great would be if the girl that sang My Chemical Romance, Evanescence and Fall Out Boy manages to win it all. That would be iconic!

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, ptebwwong said:

While Idol has always said it is about creating a star, it usually doesn't happen. I don't know how much of the voters or Idol fans really think its creating a star. I think most are just trying to support who they like. 

Yeah I agree that most people just vote for who they like the most. And a lot of things factor into who people like the most and every one is different and what someone values the most is going to be  different than what someone else might value the most. But Idol's stated goal every year is to create stars. Whether they are actually successful in their goal is another story but that's what they are trying to do anyways.

Edited by QueenKalie

Posted (edited)

I’m going give it about 20 minutes and post the ratios, but I will tell you Triston’s are better than I thought they would be, and Emmy’s are the worst. Abi has one good, and one not so good. Jack’s and Will’s are both good, Will’s being slightly better. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Rolling In The Deep is the only Adele song charting in the top 200 on iTunes. 

It’s only at 121, so probably no big deal. 

EDIT: I missed Easy On Me at 177. 

Gimme Three Steps 139

Make You Feel My Love 116

Edited by TeamAudra

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

While that was the original goal, that hasn’t happened recently. Sure winners and maybe a couple finalists get increased exposure, but nobody has been made a star for several seasons sadly even though some deserved to be. 

Edited by xfactor22

8 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

While that was the original goal, that hasn’t happened recently. Sure winners and maybe a couple finalists get increased exposure, but nobody has been made a star for several seasons sadly even though some deserved to be. 

Chayce Beckham has a platinum single that very recently hit #1 on the country airplay charts, but other than him, it’s been tough for sure. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Yeah, i agree with what you said. But now i'm imagining how great would be if the girl that sang My Chemical Romance, Evanescence and Fall Out Boy manages to win it all. That would be iconic!

I totally agree!

hmmm that also made me realize that if Abi were to win, i'd say she would be the winner with the most non-minivan friendly song choices of all The Voice and Idol winners. as of now I'd say it's Gina Miles (and even then her song choices don't feel very risky at all compared to Abi's.)

36 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

Gabby & Chayce are the only one's that have some success post-Idol who were Top 12 finalists for ABC Idol. The other ABC Idol contestants such as Benson Boone, Lauren Spencer-Smith, Maddie Zahm, etc. were on the show, but all of them really blew up from TikTok. 

On 4/15/2024 at 6:35 PM, Carrie_On said:

Jack is a weird one for me. I could see him sneaking into the finale kinda like Leah Marlene. A sort of silent threat. 

I knew he’d be a stealth, silent killer lmao. I think it’ll be him, Will, and Abi. Triston MIGHT knock him out of the Top 3 but I’m fairly confident in my prediction. 

7 hours ago, ptebwwong said:

Gabby & Chayce are the only one's that have some success post-Idol who were Top 12 finalists for ABC Idol. The other ABC Idol contestants such as Benson Boone, Lauren Spencer-Smith, Maddie Zahm, etc. were on the show, but all of them really blew up from TikTok. 

Sure they’ve had success but none of them are full blown celebrities like Kelly clarkson, Jordin sparks, Carrie underwood, etc. I didn’t mean recent idol contestants don’t have success. They just haven’t become household names or big talked about celebrities. 

10 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

Are there even Disney songs capable of producing a moment? I cant even think of any songs that would shake up the results. 

Phil Collins didn’t invent music with the Tarzan soundtrack for this slander! 😘

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

Sure they’ve had success but none of them are full blown celebrities like Kelly clarkson, Jordin sparks, Carrie underwood, etc. I didn’t mean recent idol contestants don’t have success. They just haven’t become household names or big talked about celebrities. 

You’re severely overestimating Jordin’s popularity nowadays lol.

But people need to stop using Kelly and Carrie as the bar for success. Nobody on Idol is ever going to reach those heights coming out of the show. The music industry and landscape has changed far too much. Even Chris Daughtry, who I would say was probably the most well known after Kelly & Carrie, isn’t hitting the same career highs that he was back in the day.