American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

there being only one performance after Triston's Easy on Me feels like a damage control tactic. people won't have much time (or won't care enough at that point) to change their votes off of him if they already were voting for him.

2 minutes ago, m1key said:

there being only one performance after Triston's Easy on Me feels like a damage control tactic. people won't have much time (or won't care enough at that point) to change their votes off of him if they already were voting for him.

It does look like they are trying to protect him through this round because they likely still want him to win. 

5 minutes ago, m1key said:

Oof that’s a hard song to sing and he certainly does not have the chops for it with his 3 note range. My ears are bleeding at the thought.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Are they really going to do all the upbeat songs first and then all the Adele songs? That sounds kinda boring to me but maybe that is what they are actually going to do I dunno.

They might do the two rounds interchangeably. They have before.

The Adele song choices seem mostly fine except for Triston's which should be interesting...

I have no idea how the dance songs are gonna go since I'm guessing a lot of them are gonna be heavily rearranged versions lol

Posted (edited)

I don’t think the performances order (unless you get 2 done earlier) is that much of a deal breaker and I still stand about my theory that the pimp spot on this format can even be dangerous if voting is close (because the votes might not come your way in time before the deadline) but here’s ABC’s idol history with pimp spots.

Season 21: closers:

Top 20: Wé

Top 12: Iam

Top 10: Colin

Top 8: Oliver (eliminated)

Top 5: Iam

Top 3: Iam (won)

Season 20 closers:

Top 20: Lady K

Top 14: Nicolina

Top 11: Jay

Top 10: Fritz

Top 7: Christian (eliminated)

Top 5: Noah

Top 3: Huntergirl

Season 19 closers:

Top 24 Part 1: Grace

Top 24 Part 2: Casey

Top 16: Chayce

Top 12: Willie

Top 10: Grace

Top 7: Hunter (eliminated)

Top 5: Chayce & Casey (Casey eliminated)

Top 3: Willie

Season 18 closers:

Top 20: Jonny

Top 11: Makayla (eliminated)

Top 7: Dillon

Top 5: Jonny

Season 17 closers:

Top 20: Wade Cota

Top 20 duets 1: Laine

Ptp 20 duets 2: Jeremiah

Top 14: Walker

Top 10: Jeremiah

Top 8: Alyssa (eliminated)

Top 6: Laine

Top 5: Alejandro

Top 3: Alejandro 

Season 16 closers:

Top 24 1: Cade

Top 24 2: Gabby

Top 24 3: Ron

Top 24 4: Effie (eliminated)

Top 14: Gabby

Top 10: Dennis (eliminated)

Top 7: Caleb

Top 5: Maddie

Top 3: Maddie (won)

Edited by wildestinvegas

1 hour ago, StarWalker1 said:

Songs out!

Abi: My songs dont know what you did in the dark by fall out boy / Hello by adele

Mckenna: ET by katy perry / Make you feel my love by adele

Julia: Roam by the B-52's / Set fire to the rain by adele

Jack: Long tall sally by Little richard / One and only by adele

Triston: T-R-O-U-B-L-E by travis tritt / Easy on me by adele

Will: Gimmie three steps by lynyrd skynyrd / Rolling in the deep by adele

Emmy:  Shut up and dance by Walk the moon / Water under the bridge by adele

This as some said in the past was the performance order i can assure you it is not. this time.

1 minute ago, Emmyfan said:

This as some said in the past was the performance order i can assure you it is not. this time.

I made this listing in random order so yeah what I put is not the right order

1 minute ago, Emmyfan said:

Tbh maybe you’re right, Abi just posted some pictures and that’s definitely her “Hello” look. So unless those are from dress rehearsals and not now, she’s probably doing her Adele before her song to dance.

Just now, wildestinvegas said:

Tbh maybe you’re right, Abi just posted some pictures and that’s definitely her “Hello” look. So unless those are from dress rehearsals and not now, she’s probably doing her Adele before her song to dance.

Actually ignore this. American Idol has the Adele’s songs under the caption “Round 2 songs” so the first round is songs to dance.

• Like 1

Jack doing Little Richard seems the  best pick for Dance and Julia performing my favorite Adele song . her other song is one of the better picks as well . overall not many good songs happening tonight.

6 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

I made this listing in random order so yeah what I put is not the right order

Oh okay cause someone said the way it was posted the last 2 weeks was the order just saying

I think TBH if you sing 1st and do really well that is more of a pimp spot then going last and killing it since there is like 2 minutes for votes to come in and i think by then the order is set. I do also think when they say the voting is really it may be true in some part but they're just trying to get more people to vote.

2 minutes ago, Emmyfan said:

Your order is more in line with what i heard with Emmy as normal except for last week doing her last song right after 9pm est

Sorry, but I’m not following. Is it the order, or isn’t it?

1 minute ago, wildestinvegas said:

i just listened to julia’s upbeat song (never heard it before) and its very cheesy and it kinda goes nowhere. i wonder how shes gonna perform that.

Hope she adds some vocal power on it

2 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

i just listened to julia’s upbeat song (never heard it before) and its very cheesy and it kinda goes nowhere. i wonder how shes gonna perform that.

I guess Ill check that out as well.

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Sorry, but I’m not following. Is it the order, or isn’t it?

Emmy should sing her second song right after 9pm EST and if this was the order her second song would be right after 9PM but people said it was the order the last 2 weeks so i guess in a hour we will know as once they show the numbers that is the order as well.

3 minutes ago, Emmyfan said:

Emmy should sing her second song right after 9pm EST and if this was the order her second song would be right after 9PM but people said it was the order the last 2 weeks so i guess in a hour we will know as once they show the numbers that is the order as well.

Oh…

With results, it would probably be around 9:30 according to the post, but we’ll see. 

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Minivan will know “Roam” but I’m not sure whether they’ll like it. 

I turned it on and I then I remembered hearing that song before. I have no idea if it's a beloved song or not. It's definitely not their most iconic song that's for sure.