Al S21 Top 26 - Disney Resort Hawaii Pt 2 Discussion

istersay

9 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

fire the social media intern (but omg if i were a social media intern for one of these shows there would be so many puns LMAO)

Edited by allistr
I'm really sorry I did not expect it to go wrong

Thoughts on the performances I missed: 

- Lmao what is this song choice for Elijah :dead:  I did not like the song at all. There were some good vocal moments, but it felt a little chaotic.

Paige was kinda bandzilla'd. There were some great vocal moments that showed off her range, especially towards the end! I didn't like the growls though. Why do her and Elise feel like they need to do those? 

Marybeth was... good! I don't have any other comments.

Wé is such a captivating performer, both with her stage presence and her vocals. Amazing! 

Michael was good! I don't get why he picked this song since it feels pretty random, but I enjoyed it.

Dawson was cool, but Copycat is not really a song that works in an American Idol setting. He sounded good though for what it was! 

- Hmm Hannah is interesting Some parts were a little too hoarse for me but the depth of her tone really shined here. 

- I liked Megan! I was originally not the biggest fan of her, but this performance showed off her vocal range well imo. 

• Like 3

- Elijah, on-pitch but im not enamored. i LOVE his shirt though (this is not shade i genuinely love it).

- Paige, a bit messy but some really impressive notes in there. ADORED the ending. Paige is the pop powerhouse type of singer i love!

- Marybeth, didn't love it and she was pitchy at some point too.

- Wé is the best so far, but not by thaaat much.

- Michael don't like his tone. Also he was pitchy on one of his big notes.

- Dawson stands out as very interesting compared to the rest. 99% pitch perfect + that high note at the end was insane! Really showed dynamics here by starting out soft then going big.

- Hannah has an incredible voice, but it would've been great for her to tune it a bit over a year before coming here. Nonetheless, the rawness is probably appealing to some people, and I can see why; anyway, her pitch is at a similar level to the other contestants who have been singing for longer. She's doing really great!

2 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

- Elijah, on-pitch but im not enamored. i LOVE his shirt though (this is not shade i genuinely love it).

- Paige, a bit messy but some really impressive notes in there. ADORED the ending. Paige is the pop powerhouse type of singer i love!

- Marybeth, didn't love it and she was pitchy at some point too.

- Wé is the best so far, but not by thaaat much.

- Michael don't like his tone. Also he was pitchy on one of his big notes.

- Dawson stands out as very interesting compared to the rest. 99% pitch perfect + that high note at the end was insane! Really showed dynamics here by starting out soft then going big.

- Hannah has an incredible voice, but it would've been great for her to tune it a bit over a year before coming here. Nonetheless, the rawness is probably appealing to some people, and I can see why; anyway, her pitch is at a similar level to the other contestants who have been singing for longer. She's doing really great!

security @istersay / jk 

• Haha 3

Dawson’s performance was very odd indeed but I enjoyed it. I’d rather hear something like this than the crap that Haven did last night. I think he’ll go home since he hasn’t had much of a compelling edit this season, but if he had gotten a lot of screen time prior to this round, I think he would survive. I do think there’s a small chance he can barely squeak by because Malik, Hannah and Elijah could be out the door, but I think Elijah will be the one to make the Top 20. I can’t see anyone else being eliminated besides those four. 

Malik’s song choice was awful and he did even worse with it than I expected. Strange arrangement. 100% toast. Hannah being sick was unfortunate and at this point, she’s had two off performances in a row. 

Edited by Carrie_On
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, m1key said:

Thoughts on the performances I missed: 

- Lmao what is this song choice for Elijah :dead:  I did not like the song at all. There were some good vocal moments, but it felt a little chaotic.

Paige was kinda bandzilla'd. There were some great vocal moments that showed off her range, especially towards the end! I didn't like the growls though. Why do her and Elise feel like they need to do those? 

Marybeth was... good! I don't have any other comments.

Wé is such a captivating performer, both with her stage presence and her vocals. Amazing! 

Michael was good! I don't get why he picked this song since it feels pretty random, but I enjoyed it.

Dawson was cool, but Copycat is not really a song that works in an American Idol setting. He sounded good though for what it was! 

- Hmm Hannah is interesting Some parts were a little too hoarse for me but the depth of her tone really shined here. 

- I liked Megan! I was originally not the biggest fan of her, but this performance showed off her vocal range well imo. 

Agree with mostly everything!

Elijah’s song was horrible 💀

loved tonight, Marybeth, We, and Micahel were the best of the night, Paige came in like a wrecking ball and nailed it. I thought Elijah was entertaining,  and Olivia killed her song. 

• Like 1

Didn't even love Wé's performance like that but still easily the best of the night for me.

Elijah and Paige were pretty bad.

Colin is NOT going to win. Even if voters love themselves a male country singer, Colin is far too mediocre. I mean, look where Dan placed last season—still farther than he should have, but nowhere near the trophy. He has none of Noah's likability and he's a far worse/less consistent vocalist.

I love "COPYCAT" and think it should be covered more often but Dawson does not have the swagger to pull it off.

Michael's gonna sail through even after last week, he redeemed himself.

Malik was not that bad, actually. But he's definitely going home.

I think getting the pimp spot will push Nutsa through another week, but I doubt she's going any farther. She's just not good enough at what she does in order to make up for it being polarizing.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Didn't even love Wé's performance like that but still easily the best of the night for me.

Elijah and Paige were pretty bad.

Colin is NOT going to win. Even if voters love themselves a male country singer, Colin is far too mediocre. I mean, look where Dan placed last season—still farther than he should have, but nowhere near the trophy. He has none of Noah's likability and he's a far worse/less consistent vocalist.

I love "COPYCAT" and think it should be covered more often but Dawson does not have the swagger to pull it off.

Michael's gonna sail through even after last week, he redeemed himself.

Malik was not that bad, actually. But he's definitely going home.

I think getting the pimp spot will push Nutsa through another week, but I doubt she's going any farther. She's just not good enough at what she does in order to make up for it being polarizing.

Yeah, weird song choice for We'. Hope she picks better songs on Idol. Ones that suit her voice. 

Really, I was thinking she would make it maybe Top 10. 

Edited by BlkCountryFan

Elijah McCormick - Good Vibes - It's hard to get into his performance, maybe the song choice?
Paige Anne - Wrecking Ball - A huge potential talent here, but this sounded messy.
Marybeth Byrd - Heart Like A Truck - She's trying hard not to be herself.
We Ani - Edge Of Midnight - I don't love it whatever she's going to the next round.

Michael Williams - Tuesdays - Forgettable.
Dawson Wayne - Copycat - OMG!!!!! Right song in the right time.
Hannah Nicolaisen - Glitter In The Air - Obviously she struggled with those high notes.
Megan Danielle - The Chain - One of the worst covers ever.
Malik Heard - Ain't It Fun? - Fodder destiny.
Olivia Soli - Emotions - It's okay, the song is too hard to sing even without those whistle notes.
Colin Stough - Midnight Train To Memphis - He will be in the final with that long-haired guy yesterday.
Tyson Venegas - It Will Rain - He's cute.
Nutsa - Paris (Ooh La La) - She really sang and performed for her life.

1. Dawson
2. Tyson
3. Olivia
4. Nutsa
5. We