Al S21 Top 26 - Disney Resort Hawaii Pt 2 Discussion

istersay

Just now, m1key said:

First of all she is sooooo stunning! 

I loved the performance! Obviously she didn't do the whistles which kinda takes away from it, but her tone really shined and she did a lot of cool runs! 

Ah not gonna lie, but I was looking forward to her doing the whistle notes. 🙈 But I get how that would be too challenging to pull off.

Just now, m1key said:

First of all she is sooooo stunning! 

I loved the performance! Obviously she didn't do the whistles which kinda takes away from it, but her tone really shined and she did a lot of cool runs! 

yup summed up my thoughts, she did an excellent job. the only problem was the whistle part which she replaced with an over-raspy belt, but otherwise i was really impressed!

i want to see her go the pop powerhouse route w/ more Ariana, Jessie J type stuff, rather than Celine, Mariah.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, m1key said:

The way I took Olivia out of my stan list temporarily because I was scared she was going to tank on that song 💀 Perhaps I shall re-add her now!

SCREAMING that is so funny 😭

speaking of which i think i need to add Emma, she's SO good. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:

yup summed up my thoughts, she did an excellent job. the only problem was the whistle part which she replaced with an over-raspy belt, but otherwise i was really impressed!

i want to see her go the pop powerhouse route w/ more Ariana, Jessie J type stuff, rather than Celine, Mariah.

That might be more her cup of tea but I don't know if they have cleared any of Ariana and Jessie J.'s songs.

6 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

oh if you wanna go there i have such a good response regarding Mr. profile picture.. but unfortunately i will not make fun of him..

anyway Olivia is a legend 

????

Anyway. lol

Lotta yellers tonight.

Apparently Luke, Katy, Lionel and co. Never learned the old AI staples.

Singing loudly is not singing. Yelling the last note is not singing. ALSO. I have watched during Melinda's time on Idol. I know singing when I hear it. That wasn't it.

If it makes sense. I hate the last note on performances male or female going for the BIG/glory note. We don't need that to make an impactful and great vocal run. IMO

Sorry. I'm not trying to drag on Olivia. Not my point. It's more. Why do singers STILL yell out notes? IDK. I'm just here waiting for Tyson. lol

Edited by KelseyW
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, CarmenSandiego said:

That might be more her cup of tea but I don't know if they have cleared any of Ariana and Jessie J.'s songs.

She would sound great on almost is never enough. I want Olivia to play rhe piano on the live stage ♡ 

Edited by hazuki
  • Like 1

Just now, CarmenSandiego said:

ohh i see. i mean actually Jessie J might even be too big. Ariana is a great fit because her voice is similarly a bit thin but insanely agile.

i wonder if she could do something like yebba ? might be too niche for this audience though... ugh i want her to go far so bad, she's insanely good! 

i suppose if she could flip songs like she did with her audition, that would be super cool too. but going for the big 3's songs isn't going to be good for her long-term imo. 

1 minute ago, QueenKalie said:

I have never really listened to any Noah Cyrus songs so I didn't know what to expect. :dead:

The only song's I know by her are "July" and "Easy", which is a collab with Demi Lovato. She's not my type of artist but she has a cool voice 🤷‍♂️