Al S21 Top 26 - Disney Resort Hawaii Pt 2 Discussion

istersay

1 minute ago, KelseyW said:

????

Anyway. lol

Lotta yellers tonight.

Apparently Luke, Katy, Lionel and co. Never learned the old AI staples.

Singing loudly is not singing. Yelling the last note is not singing. ALSO. I have watched during Melinda's time on Idol. I know singing when I hear it. That wasn't it.

If it makes sense. I hate the last note on performances male or female going for the BIG/glory note. We don't need that to make an impactful and great vocal run. IMO

Sorry. I'm not trying to drag on Olivia. Not my point. It's more. Why do singers STILL yell out notes? IDK. I'm just here waiting for Tyson. lol

yelling where? When did Olivia yell?

also Tyson is zzzzzzz

• Like 1

????

Anyway. lol

Lotta yellers tonight.

Apparently Luke, Katy, Lionel and co. Never learned the old AI staples.

Singing loudly is not singing. Yelling the last note is not singing. ALSO. I have watched during Melinda's time on Idol. I know singing when I hear it. That wasn't it.

If it makes sense. I hate the last note on performances male or female going for the BIG/glory note. We don't need that to make an impactful and great vocal run. IMO

Sorry. I'm not trying to drag on Olivia. Not my point. It's more. Why do singers STILL yell out notes? IDK. I'm just hear waiting for Tyson. lol

I thought the voice had questionable posters but I guess it just isn't only the voice posters that post questionable things. :dead:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Remember Allison Iraheta? Remember even Miss growls when she can Haley Reinhart?

They controlled the last note vocal run to the best of their abilities at ages 16/17 and 20 respectively.

IDK where I was going with this. lol It's the need to sing/belt when or if a song requires it. OBVIOUSLY on Mariah you are going to do that. But where there were impressive notes there was also meh vocals. I'm rambling here. lol

• Confused 1

Colin sounding better than the other country males last night . still not my thing though.

Remember Allison Iraheta? Remember even Miss growls when she can Haley Reinhart?

They controlled the last note vocal run to the best of their abilities at ages 16/17 and 20 respectively.

IDK where I was going with this. lol It's the need to sing/belt when or if a song requires it. OBVIOUSLY on Mariah you are going to do that. But where there were impressive notes there was also meh vocals. I'm rambling here. lol

ETA: I'm joking on the growls, but Haley does it still sometimes live. lol I dislike it but I know it's a jazz thing and something she's good at.

NVM. Oops.

Edited by KelseyW

Tyson singing Bruno Mars should be good . they have a similar sound which i like.