I think I've reviewed them all now?

My standouts:

KB Richins

McKenna Breinholt

Kayko

Ajii

Justice Murphy

Solid group of contestants overall!

When I first heard Kayko sing, one of my first thoughts was “this guy is right up my and Someone648’s alley”

• Like 1

abi carter is amazing. the control, emotional delivery and colors of her tone (that rasp/cry on her high notes is to die for), whew. guess i will be skipping the voice this season and focusing on idol (like it always happens w every spring season LOL) 

but even aside from her, there is so much talent on idol as per usual. really dug mckenna, nya, blake and kayko auditions too. 

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, wildestinvegas said:

abi carter is amazing. guess i will be skipping the voice this season and focusing on idol (like it always happens on every spring season LOL) 

but even aside from her, there is so much talent on idol's poll as per usual.

This seems like one of the strongest idol seasons they have had in awhile. So that's exciting.

• Like 2

The Voice gets more total viewers while Idol does a bit better in the 18-49 demo. 

TBH, I really don’t get why a younger artist would go on The Voice unless they’re part of a group. Although I believe Idol should raise their age limit to around 35. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Carrie_On said:

The Voice gets more total viewers while Idol does a bit better in the 18-49 demo. 

TBH, I really don’t get why a younger artist would go on The Voice unless they’re part of a group. Although I believe Idol should raise their age limit to around 35. 

the voice has had some young winners though so I can see why they would try it

• Like 1

I haven’t watched any episodes of The Voice, but I’ve checked out enough of the performances to agree with the above who say this season of Idol’s cast is stronger, overall. I will say this though…the weaker contestants on The Voice are better than the weakest auditioners on Idol. I think that is by design, honestly. 

Will Moseley is better than any male country singer I’ve ever heard on The Voice. Abi, McKenna, and Emmy all show good potential as well, even though I may not be as high on all of them as some others. Hailey is showing promise too, but that other group of females is getting pimped more, probably due to better back stories. Emmy is Loretta Lynn’s granddaughter. Tough to compete with that. 

There is way more pimping and manipulation on Idol. I could do without some of that. It’s really over the top. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

Something else I wanted to mention…I appreciate that Idol lets them perform originals on the show, and they’re even allowed to release new music DURING the show. It’s much more contestant friendly. I would never advise anyone to go on The Voice. The show has become a punch line, as it relates to post-show success. They absolutely do not care. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

After the first 2 episodes of AI, I've liked the performances on The Voice more. Feel like they really stacked those first 2 episodes. The later audition episodes felt weak in comparison, while the performances on The voice have been improving.

Hope Hollywood week steps up like the battles did for The voice.

Not looking forward to inevitable drama shenanigans though.. speaking of which, feel like judge shenanigans has been even worse this season. Or maybe my tolerance level for it is just getting lower every season lmao.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Hsamid said:

After the first 2 episodes of AI, I've liked the performances on The Voice more. Feel like they really stacked those first 2 episodes. The later audition episodes felt weak in comparison, while the performances on The voice have been improving.

Hope Hollywood week steps up like the battles did for The voice.

Not looking forward to inevitable drama shenanigans though.. speaking of which, feel like judge shenanigans has been even worse this season. Or maybe my tolerance level for it is just getting lower every season lmao.

Like I was saying, the worst contestants on The Voice are stronger than the worst on Idol. Looking forward to getting that whittled down in the next couple of weeks. 

• Like 2

I lost interest on Idol after the second episode. IMO, that show is not worth watching until the voting rounds start. 

The Voice's format (at least pre-voting) really keeps you invested on the game. Also, from my personal point of view, watching the contestants perform on stage, in front of an audience since the beginning makes me feel more interested in each of them. It's not the same just watching them singing a cover on a room for three people. Feel free to disagree but it's how i feel.

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I lost interest on Idol after the second episode. IMO, that show is not worth watching until the voting rounds start. 

The Voice's format (at least pre-voting) really keeps you invested on the game. Also, from my personal point of view, watching the contestants perform on stage, in front of an audience since the beginning makes me feel more interested in each of them. It's not the same just watching them singing a cover on a room for three people. Feel free to disagree but it's how i feel.

just sucks that TV's format is really limited/shrinking in terms of live shows for its spring seasons, sometimes the fall ones too ... the lack of budget is also obvious

Again, my biggest gripe with Idol is the over the top pimping and insincere  judge comments. None of those judges are good enough liars to make it believable. Everyone is a “star.”  It comes off as phony when they repeat the same things to almost every contestant. I’m sure this is a directive from the producers. I’ve also noticed that the audience for that show is very receptive to the pimping, which is probably why they keep doing it. It’s nauseating. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gustavo527 said:

tbh this is valid. i do love the intimate feel of auditions because it puts more of a focus on the contestants voices and can create some really beautiful performances, but i understand how it could feel boring/repetitive without the aspect of the band. 

basically what you said, but i feel like The Voice has become a show that emphasizes their pre-live show format whereas Idol emphasizes their live show format. potentially hot take, but I feel like it works for The Voice in a sense? the blinds, battles, knockouts, and playoffs are what make the show differentiate from Idol. 

Edited by m1key
  • Like 2

Both shows are formatted differently which I think is a good thing. The Voice is front loaded where as Idol is back loaded so preferring ons format to another is just personal preference really. I'm not too huge on format and will gravitate towards the show with the stronger contestants.

This season it's just a landslide in favor of Idol over The Voice as far as contestants go. When you have a season that is made up of leftovers then it's going to be hard to keep my attention. I probably won't get reinvested in the voice until they move to a 1 season a year schedule. That is just badly needed at this point.

ya i think ifol hollywood and audition is a little boring. too much manufactured drama and weak singing.

top 24 onwards though is usually great with multiple standout contestants. plus there are so many rounds / performances from each contestant who goes far

• Like 1

Hollywood Week is getting a change-up this season which should make things interesting. I’ve always thought they make the contestants sing TOO much in Hollywood Week, which hurts their voices by the end of it. From what I can tell, the new HW will consist of just two rounds: Arena and Showstoppers. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm….inexperience is starting rear its ugly head with some of the Idol contestants. Some of these would be battle or KO elims on The Voice, but they’re early frontrunners on Idol. 🤔 

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Hmmm….inexperience is starting rear its ugly head with some of the Idol contestants. Some of these would be battle or KO elims on The Voice, but they’re early frontrunners on Idol. 🤔 

It happens every season. People say the Idol contestants are more appealing, more marketable, but as the season wears on, the ones who aren’t used to gigging and live performances start to fall off. 

The grind of the show tends to favor singers who are used to the grind of the music industry. 

Since I feel like the preference towards Idol this season is due to having the better female cast, im wondering if yall prefer the male cast on The Voice or IDF? I think it's pretty close, at least for the top talent

Imo, the best idol contestants (Odell, Ajii, Roman) have lots of soul, raw, grittiness and incredible agility while the best of the voice are more wide range belters (Asher, Gene, Bryan). Very different strengths.

I like Tae and frank better than any of their genre counterparts on Idol though. I'd also say the weaker male singers on either show is worse on AI.

The only clear edge I'd give AI is with the singer/songwriter type. I mean, I guess Kyle is the closest the voice has this season. But I'd take Jack over him pretty comfortably.

Edited by Hsamid