Stop doing karoakes and I will be a fan

2. Omar

Stop doing overdone songs and I will be a fan

3. Morgan

Somewhat my favorite performance last night and I don't understand

4. Bryce

Blake's annoying fans

5. Brayden

LMAO love the commentary although calling Bryce's performance the best of the night when Summertime happened feels a bit um controversial💀

The thing is, Brayden's not bad. He's listenable, he's got a nice tone.

But he just barely did anything throughout the whole season. Contestants like Jake Worthington or Red Marlow also played it safe, but at least at some points they took a bit of risks. Brayden didnt.

I respect the kid for putting himself out there and having the guts to sing on national TV, but he really came to remind us of the audience's bias.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ikwonic said:

LMAO love the commentary although calling Bryce's performance the best of the night when Summertime happened feels a bit um controversial💀

That's very controversial and I'm aware of it lol

I think Kim's version of Summertime is the hardest version we've ever seen on the show and is incredibly impressive and deserve all the chants she can possibly get, but say we still have studios, I probably wouldn't put it on loop a lot since it's..... a little too hard for me to comprehend in general. And this is not criticism at all. I think there should be more performances like hers.

That being said, I like country more than 80% of idf, and this season have been lacking good country covers, so there's that.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

He´s not winning, but I don´t care, and I´m pretty sure he doesn´t too, just thanks for being the artist that you are.

1. Bodie

I´d see him live in a heartbeat. I love having a rocker making it this far

2. Omar

Will be a great winner. Consistent and full of vocal power.

3. Morgan

He´s improved these last couple of weeks. There are things to work on though. 

4. Bryce

Not feeling this. He´s on a good path, but he needs to develop his voice through training and experience. The fact that he kicked out singers like Justin and Kim is not fair.

5. Brayden

my exact ranking & commentary. you have it on point 🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

The thing is, Brayden's not bad. He's listenable, he's got a nice tone.

People will use the “tone/delivery over vocals” argument which is valid and I totally get (GNT were my favorites for crying out loud), but come on, there has to be a bare minimum. 

And it’s not even about range, you can be very limited and still play with dynamics and stuff like that (Parijita is a good example) 

• Like 4

1 Morgan

2 Bodie

3 Omar

4 Bryce

5 Brayden

1. Morgan

2. Omar

3. Bodie

4. Bryce

5. Brayden

I don't think Bryce is even on the level of country singers from the past. I remember Jake Hoot, Kenzie Wheeler, Dexter Roberts, Ian Flanigan (all pure country) having better performances than he did. Honestly, Gwen's Ben Allen from S19 too. Nonetheless it doesn't take much to be better than Brayden.

2 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Bold of you to say this when Gyth Rigdon exists lmao

I thought his finale original song was good. Generic but I can understand why he got 2nd even if I would've put Dexter or Andrew there instead.

God Bless the USA was... something though lol

• Like 1

1. Morgan

Now that Kim is gone she's the most consistent performer left on the show.

2. Bodie

Arguably the most unique contestant this season and one of the better vocalists as well. Last night was the first time he performed below expectations, otherwise he might be my number 1 going into the finale.

3. Omar.

I think he has the most impressive vocal moments of the season, and I personally like his best performances better than the 2 above him. But on a week to week basis he's been less consistent.

4. Bryce.

He's been pretty pitchy since his KO but has still had his moments. Most notably his semi final, battle and Audition.

5. Brayden

Cool, unique tone, but lacks dynamics and technical skill of the other 4.

• Like 3

Myles will probably win, just because the seasoned professionalism is really rearing itself at the right time. And she knows how to convey and sell while others will falter under the pressure, and is an absolute chameleon who can adapt slow, up-tempo, or both within the same song. I suspect she'll get more of the casuals than others, although I'm sure Bodie has a fair share of this as well.

And of course, Blake's country dudes will probably split votes to make it happen. But Bryce is probably 2nd because the likeability factor is there, metrics love him and even if he's mid, he's stone cold Steve Au- traditional country. Let's call Bodie third, Brayden 4th and Omar 5th.

Dang I lost like most of my favorites tonight. 😐:broken: 

1. Morgan Myles 
2. Omar Jose Cardona 
3. Bodie 
4. Bryce Leatherwood 
5. Brayden Lape

I still enjoy my Top 3, though Omar and bodie are interchangeable... I guess depending on their performances.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Daillon said:

I’m aware :ph34rwave:

7 hours ago, zjc19951109 said:

To be fair, Gyth attempted some difficult songs in his run. Was he pleasant to hear? Probably not, but he pushed and tried.

Then you have Brayden.

6 hours ago, FloorWax said:

lmao Gyth was better than Brayden (i think)

5 hours ago, nytsch said:

I thought his finale original song was good. Generic but I can understand why he got 2nd even if I would've put Dexter or Andrew there instead.

God Bless the USA was... something though lol

Yeah the Gyth thing in my original comment was 110% a joke, I didn’t mind him too much as a contestant til the semis even though his tone was too nasal for me.

Brayden’s not one of the contestants I would’ve picked for the finale, but he’s there and I can deal with it since there’s still people I enjoy who have made it there this season.