The Voice ● S22 ● Spoilers/News/Updates 🍂

Someone648

I started watching live when it was Kim´s turn, so I finally caught up with the previous solo performances.

- Probably Justin´s roughest vocal of the season, but he returned to his usual raspy goodness at the end. Still, I expected more. He´s a viable candidate for the save though.

- Brayden was not the abomination y"all made it seem it was. Still, I need more oomph, something, dude. I get that he´s playing to his strengths, but it´s not fair to the people that take risks to be in more danger.

- Props to Parijita for always showcasing her heritage proudly. As for the performance, it was good, albeit it had the usual "messy middle" pitch issues. Still, enjoyable.

• Like 3

Randomly realized Kims been in my Top 2 in each round. 

Blinds: #2 (Parijita at 1)

Battles: #2 (Justin and Destiny at 1)

Knockouts: #1

Playoffs: #2 (Justin at 1)

Top 13: #1 (I voted Justin on the poll but looking back i preferred her performance)

Top 10: #1

Top 8: #1

queen asf. top 4 performances of the season are all hers btw💀

Edited by erik g
  • Like 1

Just now, Hsamid said:

Vocally, Kim is the closest to having a flawless run this season imo. Even though I think a few other contestants have had higher highs, I dont think anyone has been more consistent.

Morgan and Kim have been equally as good to me. Too bad a good chunk of their song choices were very uninspired, but that’s not on them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Vocally, Kim is the closest to having a flawless run this season imo. Even though I think a few other contestants have had higher highs, I dont think anyone has been more consistent.

As someone who prefers a couple other contestants to her, I have to agree.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Morgan and Kim have been equally as good to me. Too bad a good chunk of their song choices were very uninspired, but that’s not on them.

I think Morgan's been a bit more pitchy, but as someone that has Kim as my number 1, I'm willing to admit that I think Morgan has done the more vocally demanding stuff generally.

Morgan has Kim beat with range, head voice and belts (raspy and clean). I also think her voice can crossover genres better.

Kim has her beat in vocal agility, pitch accuracy, and I think she does more intricate stuff in the quieter moments that add a lot of flavour to her performances. (Her KO, Blind, and tonight being the best examples I think.)

Really, my preference for Kim over Morgan comes down mostly to tone. Which is of course, subjective.

Edited by Hsamid

Bryce is likely pulling an Emily Ann Roberts. From needing to be saved on playoffs to runner up. 

Morgan is probably gonna win and Bodie will come third. 

That´s all I have right now. Let´s see if next week something changes, since this season has been hard to read.

• Like 4

Agree with those predicting a Morgan win. I don't think she's the best singer this season, but TPTB did a great job pimping her this season to prevent a repeat of the whole Team Ari situation (although I don't think any amount of pimping would've made anyone from Ari's lives team any good, but still...)

Anyways, is Kim completely ruled out for the finale? I know her edit has been significantly worse than Jershika's, but Kim's performance tonight was better than Jershika's semifinals performance by a pretty wide margin. 

PV Predictions:

1. Morgan

2. Bryce

3. bodie

4. Justin/Omar

• I think TPTB more or less bussing Brayden and relegating him to the first half of tonight will work to send him home. He won't deliver in the Instant Save, at least, not enough to help him move on. Brayden will definitely go home.
  • Jershika made the finals due to getting a pimp spot 2 Instant Saves in a row. I don't see them doing that to Kim this season, though, since her Bottom 4 will be much more competitive than S21's relatively weak one. I think Kim will give a good final performance, but get sent home.
  • I also don't see Parijita making the finale. I think she's lost a lot of steam and I think she won't be able to pull out a powerful, pitch perfect performance for her Instant Save.
  • I see the Instant Save going to either Omar or Justin. Whichever one of them doesn't get the PV will probably get the IS pimp spot and will probably deliver. 

Edited by ikwonic

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

So in pre-lives we had Morgan/Bryce winning.

Then after playoffs it was Parijita.

After T13 it was Bodie.

Now we´re back to Morgan, with Bryce as the runner up. 

It’s sort of like multiple choice, you’re better off sticking with your first answer…it’s usually right