The Voice ● S22 ● Spoilers/News/Updates πŸ‚

Someone648

28 minutes ago, RTV said:

It's still surprising to me that this season's cast is so young. Southern viewers on American Idol and The Voice typically support contestants from their states. The ages and home states of the Top 8 are:
Brayden 16 Michigan
Parijita 17 Maryland
Bryce 22 Georgia
Bodie 29 California
Kim 30 Texas
Omar 33 Florida
Justin 34 Kansas
Morgan 35 Tennessee

does Bodie being from California potentially hurt him with votes? it is the biggest state but they might be less likely to vote.

Edited by jdanton2

8 minutes ago, jdanton2 said:

does Bodie being from California potentially hurt him with votes? it is the biggest state but they might be less likely to vote.

Were he with any other coach, possibly.Β  But he's with Blake, so he's going to get votes regardless.Β  So no, he won't be hurt by that.

38 minutes ago, jdanton2 said:

California does not have a history of supporting Voice contestants, which is Β usually the case with more populated states/cities. There may be regional advantages within states. For example, Addison had tremendous support in Wayne, IN. Looking at the list of states, I don’t see anyone having a huge regional advantage. If Rowan had been more of a threat, South Dakota could have been a major factor. It would have been their lead story every week, like it was for Chevel in New Mexico.Β 
Β 

Morgan is actually from Williamsport, PA. It seems to be big news there, and they have a billboard up, but I doubt it will be enough to make a huge difference.

Edited by TeamAudra

23 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Morgan is actually from Westchester, PA. It seems to be big news there, and they have a billboard up, but I doubt it will be enough to make a huge difference.

It makes sense for Morgan to be bigger news there than her Nashville, Tennessee residence.

Β 

I only listed their current home states, but it's true that contestants could have more than one state supporting them. Like Morgan, Bodie has ties to multiple states. According toΒ @GrammyHeidi,Β Bodie used to live in Arizona and has family in Washington.

Edited by RTV

24 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

California does not have a history of supporting Voice contestants, which is usually the case with more populated states/cities.

I think that was one of many contributing factors in last season's results. Wendy was raised in Memphis and her residence is in Nashville. Both of those big cities have lots of musicians making news. GNT grew up in Pettisville, Ohio but resided in South Bend, Indiana. The brothers graduated from Goshen College in Indiana. The trio had a great deal of support from both states.Β 

14 minutes ago, RTV said:

I think that was one of many contributing factors in last season's results. Wendy was raised in Memphis and her residence is in Nashville. Both of those big cities have lots of musicians making news. GNT grew up in Pettisville, Ohio but resided in South Bend, Indiana. The brothers graduated from Goshen College in Indiana. The trio had a great deal of support from both states.Β 

I think they were getting some of that regional support, based on β€œthe voice vote” searches I did last season. Hailey is from New Jersey…they don’t care. Too much else going on.Β 

iΒ  wonder if Camila and Gwen will be performing next week.

4 hours ago, jdanton2 said:

hope she does not get in trouble for spoiling things. Camila needs to have someone if the finale.

I think they would have said something to Morgan about it by now but who knowsΒ :giggle:

1 hour ago, Dany said:

https://www.etonline.com/blake-shelton-carly-pearce-and-john-legend-to-perform-on-the-voice-semifinals-exclusive-195385

Β 

So tomorrow Carly withΒ "What He Didn’t Do." Blake withΒ "No Body," and John withΒ "Nervous"

Also MAGIC!'s "Rude" to symbolize how rude it is that they're putting a ton of performances in the episode to keep us waiting for results.