The Voice ● S22 ● Spoilers/News/Updates 🍂

Someone648

10 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Yeah.

I don't know if I'd prefer a season of full all-stars (maybe a mini-season over the summer if they finally put AGT out of its misery next year) or a mixed season like they did with Australia (even though All-Stars ended up winning both seasons)

simon cowell nbc GIF by America's Got TalentWhy you gotta disrespect agt like that 😭 😂 

17 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

My main argument for Adam is that his return would probably result in a spike in viewership (at least short term), and they wouldn’t have to take out a second mortgage on Universal Studios to get him. 

This is all true. The main argument against this, however, is that they would have to allow Adam Levine back on the set.

Edited by Someone648
  • Haha 4

If Adam does return (which I still doubt), then I assume TPTB is likely gonna do it´s best not to let him flop after his last three disastrous seasons.

Like I said, I don´t really mind if that happens, since eh, we´ve had worse, and from time to time I did like his song choices and trajectory with contestants. (Like with Laith and Jesse) He´s not my first choice by a long shot though, but several I have mind are probably ungettable.

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

If Adam does return (which I still doubt), then I assume TPTB is likely gonna do it´s best not to let him flop after his last three disastrous seasons.

Like I said, I don´t really mind if that happens, since eh, we´ve had worse, and from time to time I did like his song choices and trajectory with contestants. (Like with Laith and Jesse) He´s not my first choice by a long shot though, but several I have mind are probably ungettable.

I mean..Laith and Jesse both needed the Twitter save to make the finale. I think Addison is the best “recent” example. 

5 minutes ago, erik g said:

i dont really care who it is tbh just no nick 

I doubt they would be adding this suspense to the announcement if it was Nick, but I agree. He would be the worst possible choice, as far as I’m concerned. 

• Like 2

TPTB have added the official app, voting online and with Twitter hashtags, and coaches Miley/Nick/Ariana through the seasons in an attempt to attract a younger viewing audience. Yesterday, we got the reveal on TikTok. So I can't imagine them hiring someone older than Gwen (52) for the coaching panel.

Dolly is 76 and might not want to commit the time required to be a coach, anyway. They should invite her as a battle advisor or the "mega mentor." She hasn't been on the show in an advisory role since she helped all the coaches during season 9.

• Like 2

Adam's last great season was with Addison, and after that he could barely get a Semifinalist in. Also Robegate lol.

To not flop, he needs Minivan bait to have a chance at the Finale. And that's not including the possible screw ups in song choices he could give them. 

I'd rather not him just because his artists would suffer, would he even want to return? I feel like he is in the same boat as Xtina, he was pretty much done when X-Battles hit his team hard.

2 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Adam's last great season was with Addison, and after that he could barely get a Semifinalist in. Also Robegate lol.

To not flop, he needs Minivan bait to have a chance at the Finale. And that's not including the possible screw ups in song choices he could give them. 

I'd rather not him just because his artists would suffer, would he even want to return? I feel like he is in the same boat as Xtina, he was pretty much done when X-Battles hit his team hard.

At least Xtina was smart enough to leave as a champion :ph34rwave:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

I mean..Laith and Jesse both needed the Twitter save to make the finale. I think Addison is the best “recent” example. 

Yeah, I meant I liked their runs with him as their coach, especially their finale coach duet performances, but I see what you mean.

Addison is definitely the last time he was actually invested in a contestant. After that he went into hibernation.

But again, we have seen worse, so if they want to bring him back, what the hell.

8 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Taylor Swift could definitely fit in as Kelly´s replacement covering both pop and country, but you know she´s going to be expensive as hell, and TPTB just spent 20 million on Ariana so I don´t think they´ll do it again. 

Is it even official that Kelly is gone?

8 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

I'm not sure if @Rodney would say the same, tho.😬

That's my nightmare!  Stop putting it out there!

Jessie J may or may not be too far fetched for  USA audience but she gave critique that both (very) honest and quite helpful on TVAU

At the 3.20 mark Jessie J telling Alfie to stop the humble gimmick

At the 2.36 mark Jessie J telling the Maddens that they made a bad song choice

At 3.42 mark Jessie J told Claire she didn't understand her voice and Ellen she undersang

I would love if this energy continued on the show I think it would be refreshing

Edited by VF333

14 minutes ago, VF333 said:

Jessie J peut ou non être trop tiré par les cheveux pour le public américain, mais elle a donné une critique à la fois (très) honnête et très utile sur TVAU

À 3 h 20, Jessie J dit à Alfie d'arrêter l'humble gimmick

À la marque de 2,36, Jessie J dit aux Maddens qu'ils ont fait un mauvais choix de chanson

À 3,42, Jessie J a dit à Claire qu'elle ne comprenait pas sa voix et Ellen qu'elle sous-entendait

J'adorerais que cette énergie continue dans l'émission, je pense que ce serait rafraîchissant

for me, Jessie J is part of the TOP 3 of the best coaches in the world of all the voice

she would be an incredible asset to the voice USA but unfortunately it will certainly not happen....

22 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Is it even official that Kelly is gone?

It hasn’t been officially confirmed but I don’t see any reason they’d wait 2+ days to announce her as the final coach. So that with the fact that in an interview from a few days ago she said that she said no to literally everything this summer and was taking this summer off is confirmation in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, VF333 said:

Jessie J may or may not be too far fetched for  USA audience but she gave critique that both (very) honest and quite helpful on TVAU

At the 3.20 mark Jessie J telling Alfie to stop the humble gimmick

At the 2.36 mark Jessie J telling the Maddens that they made a bad song choice

At 3.42 mark Jessie J told Claire she didn't understand her voice and Ellen she undersang

I would love if this energy continued on the show I think it would be refreshing

She will not work, people will hate her because she can be annoying/obnoxious towards the artists and sometimes even rude by creating drama with the coaches (She did with Delta, Ricky and the Maddens), if the middle age wives get annoyed by JHud being loud despite being a class act, they will hate Jessie J attitude 100%

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Shinuki said:

She will not work, people will hate her because she can be annoying/obnoxious towards the artists and sometimes even rude by creating drama with the coaches (She did with Delta, Ricky and the Maddens), if the middle age wives get annoyed by JHud being loud despite being a class act, they will hate Jessie J attitude 100%

did you follow Jessie J on the voice? so yes she and Delta were not close, but with The Maddens they became very good friends, to the point where one of the brothers worked with her in her tours in the Chinese song show

Jessie J has never had mean behavior with talents

12 minutes ago, French20 said:

did you follow Jessie J on the voice? so yes she and Delta were not close, but with The Maddens they became very good friends, to the point where one of the brothers worked with her in her tours in the Chinese song show

Jessie J has never had mean behavior with talents

I'm not talking about the after, she and Delta were friends after too, i'm talking about her image in the show presented to the audience, she likes to stir drama, sometimes stuck her nose in the coaches decisions, she's also a bit obnoxious and over the top with contestans during the blinds, and all said is about UK and AU, both that i watched many times, and i'm not saying that i hated her, but that knowing the american audience, they will will hate her attitude, but if she and the producers dont care about it like Miley, it could happen.

2 hours ago, Shinuki said:

I'm not sure if the show would allow all of this to happen. I'm aware Xtina apparently didn't have the "best attitude" during her first seasons, (but i didn't watch these, so i honestly don't know) but she supposedly toned it down the next seasons. In The Voice Australia they seek for drama and more drama, while in The Voice USA, they lately try to avoid it at all costs unless a coach really f**ks up (*cough* robegate *cough*)