The Voice ♦️ S23 ♦️ Spoilers/News/Updates 🌼

Someone648

Now might be a good time to get pre-season social media numbers for the Top 8 if someone has Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts and the time to do it. I have their TikTok followers and likes as of February 18. If anyone finds a TikTok account for D. Smooth or Ryley, please let me know. Thanks!

6 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Chance:

The only act that any source specifically mentioned got a standing ovation was Sorelle, but all of Team Chance got pretty good feedback it seems. Sources just weren't super specific with his team.

NOIVAS got the same universal acclaim he's gotten in every other round. Sounds like he did a rock-ish version of his song.

Feedback was scarce for the rest of Team Blake though. Seemed like the coaches agreed with his decisions though.

The coaches loooooved Ryley and Gina. Ryley for the voice + emotion, Gina as well for the same reason, but her rendition was fascinating it seems.

For Kelly's team, everyone seemed to agree with her picks. D. Smooth got some of the best feedback from all the coaches and Kelly was super proud of what he did to the song.

@Mohammad

• Thanks 1

The reason why I´m not fully sold on Ryley is because he reminds me of Levi, who sure was quite rough on the show. 

Ryley is probably more ready based on everything that has been said about him, but I´ll have to wait and see him on stage to formulate a stronger opinion of him.

12 minutes ago, Mohammad said:

@Someone648was there any feedback regarding playoffs performances and who were the best/clear choices to move forward. Thank you so much for tour hard work. Thank you spoiler team 

^Thanks @Voicefor bumping that.

In summation, no one really flopped (although there were some that had mixed feedback/slight criticisms, I'll save those for another day), but all of the people that moved on were deserving. None of the sources seemed to think anybody was "robbed" and everyone that moved on did well.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Teraginn said:

I prefer Rachel out of the indie girls myself. Rachel certainly got the best songs out of all of them.

At this point I'm more excited about the early exits than the Top 8, LOL. Good thing it's a short season.

Uninvited -> Light On -> Rhiannon -> The Only Exception has to be one of my favorite contestant runs in this whole damn show. Really looking forward to her!

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

^Thanks @Voicefor bumping that.

In summation, no one really flopped (although there were some that had mixed feedback/slight criticisms, I'll save those for another day), but all of the people that moved on were deserving. None of the sources seemed to think anybody was "robbed" and everyone that moved on did well.

Glad that there werent any flops, least the remaining top 20 can leave on a high note

15 minutes ago, Carebear1999 said:

Lol we’re you this same way when Cam Anthony was on the show? I think you’re counting out the Top 8 too early. 

What @QueenCamisaid.

All I said is I prefer the acts who went home than the ones left. I'm willing to give the Top 8 a chance once the show airs. Doesn't mean I can't express disappointment in what could have been.

FWIW my investment in a season is only tied to how well my chosen one does on it. Once they're out, my interest drops like a rock. Simple as that. 

20 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Uninvited -> Light On -> Rhiannon -> The Only Exception has to be one of my favorite contestant runs in this whole damn show. Really looking forward to her!

Oh, I forgot she’s the one who did Uninvited, I am looking forward to that. I think for me those performances fit a more typical “indie girl” mold and Kylee’s don’t quite as much, so that’s why I was more excited for Kylee (and also based on some of the covers/originals I saw). Rachel could still be very good though.

Mr Mayor Waiting GIF by NBC

me waiting for the day that the voice announces that we get too vote one contestant from each team through to lives and the Top 8 becomes a Top 12 and Cait and Manasseh still have a chance!! (yes i know that day will never come)

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Cookie73 said:

I don’t know much about Season 1, since that was before I watched, but the format there was even shorter.

S1 was 8 per team and no steals, plus the entire competition was intra-team until finale week.

It went 32 after Blinds, 16 after Battles, no KOs, 8 after Live Show 1, 4 after Semis, Winner after Finale.  There were actually more live shows than S23’s apparent schedule. Also, Live Show 1 was stretched over 2 weeks—2 teams each week with a dedicated performance show and results night. So, there were 4 weeks of live shows.

Edited by AngelaKD
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Doesn't mean I can't express disappointment in what could have been.

Yeah. It's always disappointing to lose favorites, and cutting the Top 20 down to 8 in a single round is brutal. This format is unfortunate for the contestants, their fans, and fans of the show. Considering we got three weeks of live shows during the pandemic (seasons 18-20), I never envisioned a season with only two weeks of lives.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kenneth96 said:

Wait guys, is the team quotas for Semifinals confirmed?

If not, I see team Chance getting a wipeout.

Not confirmed. 

Chance can win the instant save. 

PV: Grace, NOIVAS, Holly, Ryley. 
IS: Either Ray or Sorelle would be set up by TPTB to win against D.Smooth and Gina, and all coaches would be represented. There’s no guarantee, but it seems doable. 

Edited by TeamAudra

32 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Not confirmed. 

Chance can win the instant save. 

PV: Grace, NOIVAS, Holly, Ryley. 
IS: Either Ray or Sorelle would be set up by TPTB to win against D.Smooth and Gina, and all coaches would be represented. There’s no guarantee, but it seems doable. 

Idk if it’s just me, but I feel like without coach quotas Gina could get a PV? She seems like solid performer so far, has “young girl” appeal and her song choices are the type that could get votes.

I agree that TPTB will try to avoid that since it means not all coaches would be represented. But as we’ve seen, it doesn’t really matter what TPTB wants if the contestant is popular enough.

4 minutes ago, nytsch said:

Idk if it’s just me, but I feel like without coach quotas Gina could get a PV? She seems like solid performer so far, has “young girl” appeal and her song choices are the type that could get votes.

I agree that TPTB will try to avoid that since it means not all coaches would be represented. But as we’ve seen, it doesn’t really matter what TPTB wants if the contestant is popular enough.

I don’t think TPTB cares about it as much as we think they do. Otherwise, they wouldn’t have pimped the hell of of Bodie last season, knowing full well Blake was likely to have three finalists. They were willing to sacrifice either Gwen or John to get what they wanted. 

Edited by TeamAudra

3 minutes ago, nytsch said:

probably but usually its young boys > young girls in terms of audience appeal. Obviously, that's a very surface level way of looking at it, and I could definitely see Gina having more appeal than Ryley.

• Like 1

Just now, Misirlou said:

Well, in the end it worked, they made this season waaaay to easy for Blake. If either of his two remaining doesn't win I'll film myself eating a shoe.

Its weird that we have it narrowed down so easily this season when last time we had NO clue lmao

On 7/13/2022 at 5:44 PM, Someone648 said:

N: Ross Clayton - With or Without You (U2)

K: Neil Salsich - Have A Little Faith in Me (John Hiatt)

K: Cait Martin - Alone (Heart)

NOOOOOOOO!!!!! (ANYTHING BUT THAT!!!) 😭😭😭😭😭

Not me seeing those 3 superstars of contestants eliminated right here in the Playoffs! 😭😭😭

Edited by JodiRose
  • Sad 2

I'm in the middle of exams so I haven't been keeping up, but congratulations to the Top 8! Sad to see Neil, Kylee, and Michael B. get the chop, but I can't wait for their performances! I love some of the song choices and I'm looking forward to hearing Gina on Wicked Game, especially.

Edited by Zerek
  • Like 2

I can see Ryley getting a "breakout moment" with his song choice for the Playoffs. I predict him to close both his team and a whole episode. 

Overall, i think the Playoffs are gonna be edited like this: 

May 1: Team Blake and Team Chance, with Sorelle closing TC and NOIVAS closing TB and the whole episode 

May 8: Team Kelly and Team Niall, with Holly closing TK and Ryley closing TN and the whole episode 

• Like 5

I thought i would roll my eyes at "when the party is over" being covered once again, but i'm honestly intrigued to listen to Ryley's take on it. I have been harsh on him lately (i admit i have an anti-teenage boy bias in what respects this show, sorry) but as i said it before, the kid is talented, and seems to know himself as an artist.

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 3